• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Felton, Hwy 9

GvxTPsw.jpg

I rode past this place on 9 many times but never paid attention to it, didn't realize what the place was, until today. Interesting how much one misses during a ride unless one slow down and smell the roses.

ZuQMyr9.jpg

k59MqoC.jpg

Smith Grade. Even on a sunny day, some of these roads are so deep in the trees it's a bit hard to see with sunglasses on.

mHtseSC.jpg

Downtown Santa Cruz

That's one scary looking Michelin Man, something out of a nightmare

lSjdnM1.jpg

b0VdHFF.jpg

This one's titled "The Last Salmon." I didn't get the message at first glance but it's quite interesting. The man looks like Sam Smith.

zA849UZ.jpg

Quick jaunt from my home in Prunedale through some Wats-Teqaz (Watsonville) back roads, cruise through Capitola, to the Westside to visit my folks and then back. The old VFR750 is so funny to ride. It “feels” fast but it isn’t :laughing

It’s real fun though but only old riders appreciate it :rolleyes :laughing

stJmu1p.jpg

Xg8LZ81.jpg

That is a beautiful VFR.

Good stuff Gary. Dig the Smith Grade photo in particular.

Dion... that looks super clean. Like we teleported back in time clean! :thumbup

Willow Springs Rd

There were over a dozen of them, looked like all were having a good time.

YwrCLGG.jpg

BI02R8u.jpg

Hicks Rd, looking toward the right turn (currently with plastic cover as shown on the right edge) that gives me the most trouble over the years. I tend to enter it too fast. Got to be very deliberate here or I'd blow the right turn and go wide into oncoming lane. I hardly have this problem anywhere else.

YeNFitX.jpg

Last edited:
Calaveras Rd

vjOw49P.jpg

It took me 15 minutes to remember the generic name (like Xerox, Kleenex) of this type of equipment - kept thinking Mighty Might but knew it wasn't, drove me nuts.

kkRygVA.jpg

Palomeras Rd

6bIphrR.jpg

Palo Verdes Rd

I've always wondered why the road designers decided to give 2 wheel vehicles a free pass to speed thru road humps here and on Palomeras. Saw this type of center pass-thru humps on another road in Castro Valley.

AvyPUlL.jpg

Last edited:
Redwood Rd, Castro Valley side. Didn't see a way to get around this.

NVoZOnf.jpg

Lake Chabot Rd

FxdkTUW.jpg

jArzxkG.jpg

Grass Valley Rd

jxsnYmX.jpg

Redwood Rd from Oakland side, 4 miles in from Pinehurst

gUgz7Zd.jpg

Skyline, Oakland. Very foggy.

wEXs9Xz.jpg

Last edited:
I've always wondered why the road designers decided to give 2 wheel vehicles a free pass to speed thru road humps here and on Palomeras. Saw this type of center pass-thru humps on another road in Castro Valley.

I bet it's a drainage thing. If anything, it's hazardous to two wheels if they catch the edge wrong.

I bet it's a drainage thing. If anything, it's hazardous to two wheels if they catch the edge wrong.

At a city meeting I was told it was for Fire Trucks.

I've heard local fire expressing concerns about that when neighborhoods want to install speed humps to keep through traffic out.

Maybe that's a solution for them.

I notice the white graphics and arrow point to the gaps, probably to alert and let the fire truck drivers align the wheels.

2 weeks ago, when the sun was shining, I went on a mission to see how many of the Eureka murals I could capture. I got 22 of them, but there's at least that many more to capture later. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Mural 1.jpg
    Mural 1.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Mural 2.jpg
    Mural 2.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Mural 3.jpg
    Mural 3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Mural 4.jpg
    Mural 4.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 2
  • Mural 5.jpg
    Mural 5.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Mural 6.jpg
    Mural 6.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Mural 7.jpg
    Mural 7.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Mural 8.jpg
    Mural 8.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 3
Second batch.

Attachments

• Mural 11.jpg
    Mural 11.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Mural 12.jpg
    Mural 12.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Mural 14.jpg
    Mural 14.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Mural 15.jpg
    Mural 15.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 2
  • Mural 20.jpg
    Mural 20.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Mural 21.jpg
    Mural 21.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 4
It took me 15 minutes to remember the generic name (like Xerox, Kleenex) of this type of equipment - kept thinking Mighty Might but knew it wasn't, drove me nuts.

we called ‘em “bobcats” when I was a kid … :afm199

I went on a mission to see how many of the Eureka murals I could capture …

awesome! :thumbup:ride

picture.php

gettin’ excited about the BARF 2024 raaalllllly season—a sunset pic from Waver Bally at the Hoho Rally in Weaverville in July, 2021. :party

Last edited:
Back