• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Sorry SV, we can't see those.
YOU can't see them. Some of the rest of us see a nice looking VFR 750. :cool
===== Edit =====
Now I can't see them either. Get an imgur.com account and store them there. It's a great way to share photos for free.

Last edited:
Sorry SV, we can't see those.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I rode the GS to Paso Robles on a dying battery, and the whole time there I was nursing it, left the bike running during stops les it wouldn't start. Luckily, despite my stupidity, I didn't get stranded on a remote location, but the battery finally gave up on my way back to San Jose 2 days ago, after I stopped for gas in King City. At that point I had ridden 50 miles on the freeway and thought the battery would've been charged up enough to restart the bike, but, nope. My wife had to backtrack 10 miles to give me a jump. We tried a small lithium battery jumper pack but it didn't have enough juice. A rider on another GS came by and said he used his small lithium battery pack for jump start many times. I ended up buying a jumper cable from the gas station and hooked it up to my wife's minivan battery to start my bike. Funny thing was a woman there thought I was using my GS to give the minivan a jump (I can see how it would appear that way), and said she didn't think a motorcycle could do that.

That battery was a Yusas, installed in May '21, only 5k miles ago, so it's strange that it crapped out so soon. My guess is the bike was left unridden too long without the tender and the battery drained down too much between rides.

King City gas stop

Wr7W0b7.jpg

SmxltSs.jpg

I put in a new battery yesterday, but after the battery episode in Paso / King City, I was conditioned to still leave my bike running when I stopped for photos today; kind of low-battery PTSD. :facepalm

Mines Rd

gJWEIIf.jpg

San Antonio Valley Rd

fV7FTxu.jpg

kS9fwtT.jpg

OszRBnm.jpg

Mt Hamilton

dVUPWTj.jpg

7J8R6ey.jpg

Last edited:
^^:thumbup

+1, hairpin pic is awesome. :ride

I had battery issues with my family’s new-to-us maxi-scooter (Piaggio BV 350 ST, maybe, top speed 90 mph, downhill with a tail wind), on location in gritty Hayes Valley, SF, CA, 94102. a day on the trickle-charger got it home from work, where it had been delivered from VA after my cool FIL passed away. as scooter people know, it’s fun to ride:

picture.php

and here’s BARFer Mr bananachunks’s Aprilia Tuareg 660, on location in Trona Pinnacles, CA, last weekend, with the almost full moon. he sed I could post it for him, so we could enjoy it:

picture.php

Last edited:
Makes me wanna get out and get dirty..

Got a last 2023 ride in yesterday, so here's a pic of my bikes on location, since TWT was nice enough to join me for a quick rip.

ABLVV84Yfmw5khyeCw-qIxkgf23PISdo45PRUWiXkYQWYaOfoKMmEVKVKjLm6xkv1aBcsdk0Fqu0SC0N7VMr54KgHy6IOLSYFFYRK_3vQ1eJMCnTotYTUf3iOrFk6sFNbsa0sOjXTV5YOQbY7p5npX80-KWY4A=w1071-no-gm

Great way to cap of the year.

:love

thanks for making sure my last ride of the year was a great one.

^^:thumbup

neat two-of-my-bikes-on-location trick. just needed a third person for Mr N4teTheGreat’s DR-Z in order for him to have had an on-location pic of the whole moto quiver. :laughing

my first ride of the year, this morning … waiting for the sunrise in Marin:

picture.php

so, the New Year’s Day Sunrise in the Marin Headlands is kinda a scene, sorta like the Easter Sunrise Ride on Mt Tam, only with 200 of your best Instagram friends, instead of motorcycles. anyway, some citizens were having fun using my old KLR as a prop, and at one point asked me to get in a pic, and commenced to art direct me … “look over your right shoulder!” :laughing

picture.php

a big group of electric unicycles was there, too, which was fun to watch heading up the hill in the dark. looking forward to doing it again on 01/01/25. :ride

Attachments

• IMG_2742.jpeg
    IMG_2742.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3751.jpg
    IMG_3751.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 369d424a5bfd1712fb3f37955267cf4d.jpg
    369d424a5bfd1712fb3f37955267cf4d.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
More coastal pix, Day 1 2024

Not pounding surf, but a quieter smaller smash on the jetty,

A little offshore spray tails standing up these waves,

Tossed about concrete benches, the high tide & big surf drove all the debris up off the beach and into the sand dunes, and smoothed off the Rock's parking lot

Attachments

• IMG_5680.jpg
    IMG_5680.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5682.jpg
    IMG_5682.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5683.jpg
    IMG_5683.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 3
I waved to you folks! I was on my ‘86 VFR750 - never stopped to take pictures but it was a beautiful day. I was pretty sketched out on the tourists driving so I kinda had my head on a swivel :laughing

Red/white/blue bike? I remember seeing you! My buddy commented "Whoa! That's an Interceptor!"

Wow. Some knockout contributions here lately. Thanks to everyone for posting. To paraphrase David Letterman, I'm glad this is an exhibition, not a competition.

Not much time for real rides lately so did a quick urban mural tour.

IMG_1654-X2.jpg

IMG_1655-X2.jpg

Wow. Some knockout contributions here lately. Thanks to everyone for posting. To paraphrase David Letterman, I'm glad this is an exhibition, not a competition.

Not much time for real rides lately so did a quick urban mural tour.

IMG_1654-X2.jpg

:laughing at the David Letterman reference.

Love the bike vs blue art. :thumbup

Back