• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Reopening of the Pheiffer Canyon Bridge means it's time to head south for a Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd loop.

Hwy 1, near Moss Landing - the sweet scent of strawberries in the crisp fall air is one of the pleasures of riding south thru Watsonville/Salinas.

yPV97N0.jpg

bGh1N4s.jpg

No intro needed. BTW Coast Rd is closed 1.7 miles from Bixby Bridge; it's too steep for my comfort level on the GS, anyway.

JiM7pmR.jpg

This rock always reminds me of Mt Saint Michele in the Normandy Coast, France.

wt9MG7w.jpg

Near Lucia

PNt0DkA.jpg

My favorite view of the day. Big Creek Bridge in the distant background.

GzNX5Pd.jpg

Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd

ZLUidEo.jpg

5FY5vDN.jpg

Last edited:
San Antonio Valley Rd

37820472596_5d0a991c71_b.jpg

Mines Rd

37159307734_5afffbfcda_b.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like the bridge in Hidden Lakes park. I may or may not have ridden my XRL through there one night. :teeth

It's not much, but this weekend I did my first rally and longest ride so far. From Fremont to Stockton then back to San Jose through Mt Hamilton.

I was able to record the first part of the trip, switched it up to 4k up the Mountain and footage is too bumpy without stabilization rip.

Also, GoPro's Quik has the worst video export quality of all time, but video editing was pretty straightforward.

[YouTube]BfQtwhBPsqk[/YouTube]

Last edited:
It's not much, but this weekend I did my first rally and longest ride so far. From Fremont to Stockton then back to San Jose through Mt Hamilton.

I was able to record the first part of the trip, switched it up to 4k up the Mountain and footage is too bumpy without stabilization rip.

Also, GoPro's Quik has the worst video export quality of all time, but video editing was pretty straightforward.

[YouTube]BfQtwhBPsqk[/YouTube]

Rad. How are you liking your strom?

Rad. How are you liking your strom?

Well, it didn't break down for this trip, so pretty good! I have some complaints, like the motor doesn't feel very smooth, but I've yet to ride a brand new bike so in reality maybe I have weird expectations of how smooth a ride can be. Bumps can be bumpy, I have yet to change anything to the suspension though (not sure where to start). I'm also unsure if I'm riding the bike in the correct position, sometimes I feel close to the tank is better, sometimes I feel further away is best. I don't know why I can't seem to find the correct position to ride.

Overall, still learning how to ride, bought tools to do proper maintenance after this trip, and hopefully the machine keeps working!

I do have some concerns there might be a leak somewhere in the front right. My radiator seems to be catch more dirt/dust in the right side and I'm guessing some fluid blowback might be the cause of this.

Last edited:
Road buzzardlagoon with the wife this morning before the heat hit. Nice view of the ocean

Hanging with my friend B. Foot...

Attachments

• 00002IMG_00002_BURST20171026144256.jpg
    00002IMG_00002_BURST20171026144256.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 49
Atop Leesville Rd., Colusa County

DSC07062.jpg

DSC07070.jpg

DSC07087.jpg

-Bill

Somewhere in Upper Lake

26200167339_f326354f04_c.jpg