• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

new riding shoes because my 5 year old shift shoes are just about done for

80-blog_image_365_2d6bdf7af0dec8074f5d9c8351f22984973ad289.jpg

^^^ those are bad ass

Yeah I love how they look, but they are a little skimpy in protection. Better than nothing tho and it's not like I'll be dragging knee while wearing them. Also, once they get a little patina on them, they will match my Roland sands Ronin jacket perfectly

Nice. I had a Million Dollar Game table back in the day. All I have from it is one ball (not Armstrong'd). When I moved out to CA in the 70's, no one in my area played foosball, and those that did got their ass handed to them by me. I swear to god that when I walked into the poolhall/bar/rec center/ etc. people would pull their quarters. It was disheartening. In NoDak, people would line up to play the best. We vacationed in TN one summer, and the same thing happened. My brothers and I would slaughter the locals and they just quit playing us. It was weird to us that no one wanted to step up and learn the tricks of the game.

If you ever in the SSJ area, look me up. I've got a Tornado collecting dust in my garage and I'll bet we'd have a good time.

Isn't it weird how all the tubes are now made in Russia? I have a '66 Fender Bassman, and I think all the tubes in it are now Ruskie.

If you ever in the SSJ area, look me up. I've got a Tornado collecting dust in my garage and I'll bet we'd have a good time.

I haven't played since the early 80's. Everyone stopped playing and I got tired of lugging my table around when I moved, so after I sold it, I quit completely. I'd probably snap my wrists, or worse, if I tried playing again. I don't even play pool anymore. Game controller is all that I got now.

Isn't it weird how all the tubes are now made in Russia? I have a '66 Fender Bassman, and I think all the tubes in it are now Ruskie.

China still makes a lot of tubes, and a lot of high end tubes, at that.

They're dirty to make, the environmental regs in the US and other countries are too hard to meet.

China still makes a lot of tubes, and a lot of high end tubes, at that.

They're dirty to make, the environmental regs in the US and other countries are too hard to meet.

Are they better than the Russians? Because if they are I'll check them out the next time the Fender blows a tube. See, Communism does work. Keeps the old tube amps rockin'.

Are they better than the Russians? Because if they are I'll check them out the next time the Fender blows a tube. See, Communism does work. Keeps the old tube amps rockin'.

As with everything, depends on how much you spend. Shuguang and PSVane are high end manufacturers in China.

Nice! :drool

Those KT-88s belong in an audio amplifier... :drool :drool :drool

Good eye!!! Yes, I took these off from my amp just for staging. These KT-88 were Russia made - they were ONS. Very happy with them. I am not very good in audio and still try to find time to listen/try different made/year of tubes.

I am not an expert but the Russia made is far far better than the one China made. Try to look for NOS (new-old-stock). Hong Kong is a good place to look.

I am not an expert but the Russia made is far far better than the one China made. Try to look for NOS (new-old-stock). Hong Kong is a good place to look.

IF you can find NOS (that's a tall order, and priced to match) you're correct, but if we're discussing NOS, the original ElectroHarmonix or Mullards are outstanding! :thumbup

For current manufacturing, the Chinese tubes (if you pay the boutique tube price) are as good as the Russian boutique tubes.

My MC275s love a great KT88, but with a full complement of 8, that gets pretty spendy at $400-500 per tube! :teeth

That's Cody...here he is at 7 months. He's a bit bigger now...;)

Awesome. He is very handsome. Does he ride with you?

I just ordered this for Gomer. We got him back from the trainer yesterday. Today I took him to a park and he was doing great off-leash until he realized I couldn't make him do anything, then he started doing his own thing.

yhst-74124797105427_2463_1289016

Here he is before he decided eating grass and chasing leaves was more fun
[YOUTUBE]3R-QYYRPuZU[/YOUTUBE]

Gomer's new favorite toy. It's supposed to be a Lightsaber, but it looks like a Schwartz to me. No wonder it was 50% off :mag

Attachments

• IMG_4872.jpg
    IMG_4872.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 57
Back