• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Picked up some framing :teeth

Attachments

• IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 56
Crap, more Benjamins.

I'll just caveat this noting that I'm not some passionate Journey fan, I've never owned any of their albums but I certainly don't change the radio station when their music comes on.

There was also an interesting experience when we went to see Wynona Judd, one of her opening bands just...didn't click. It wasn't just me, but I don't think anyone in the audience was really in to the music. I mean, it's country music, so even if you don't stand up and dance to it you can at least tap your feet. But, no. No energy in the audience.

Until the end, when the band fire up "Don't start believing". THAT lit the audience up. How can it not. But I still felt a little bad for the singer in the end.

That said, the local county fair had a Journey cover band (http://journeyunauthorized.com) that we went to go see. The fair costs $10 to get in, this cost $15 and includes fair admission. So, Journey Cover Band for $5.

What a great show. I, amazingly, recognized every song they played (and it was a solid 2hr set), which just goes to the depth of air play Journey got Back In The Day. And the music sounded "fine" to me, not being an avid connoisseur, so what do I know. But it sounded like the stuff on the radio to me.

Interestingly, at the same time, at the local outdoor venue, Real Journey was playing as well. I'm pretty sure those folks didn't pay $15 to see that band.

But I know that, at the time, Steve Perry was no longer touring with the band (is he now?). I know Neil Shawn was playing, and I don't know any of the other members.

But considering that Real Journey had a cover singer, and Fake Journey had a cover singer, and both bands (I assume) play competently, how different were our respective Journey experiences?

Fake Journey basically played Journey songs and had a nice light show. They didn't "jam" or improvise or play anything "new" or "off list". Maybe Real Journey did more, let Neal Shawn do "Neal Shawn" things.

But, anyway, it was an interesting experience, well worth the $15, and made me think about "why people go to concerts". Going to see the people, or just to hear the music? It would be more interesting for me to see a cover band of a band I follow/ed much more closely.

I scored spots for the Yamaha 2018 R/World VIP Experience at COTA!

Stupid excited...limited to 40 guests, meet the riders, tour the MotoGP+MotoAmerica garages and trucks, with luxo-suite hospitality all 3 days! Crazy too, when Yamaha called to confirm 2 hours after I replied to the email, my wife and I were #33/34 of 40!

Any other BARFers doing this?

-rich

Last edited:

That new 19x rolled into the shop. It is such a beautiful color on that slide. It's a neat pistol but I don't know if it yells "buy me" at me. I'm about to order in that rose gold or sapphire blue Kimber micro 9 and the Aegis Custom OI. Kimber is slow on getting back to the dealer about when they're gonna have the new 2018 stuff in.

That new 19x rolled into the shop. It is such a beautiful color on that slide. It's a neat pistol but I don't know if it yells "buy me" at me. I'm about to order in that rose gold or sapphire blue Kimber micro 9 and the Aegis Custom OI. Kimber is slow on getting back to the dealer about when they're gonna have the new 2018 stuff in.

I feel like they should make a G19Ca with like a 2.5" grip appropriate to magazine capacity.

I always said I'd never be one of those guys that buys a Ducati and then wears the gear walking around like a Ducati billboard.
I already bought the jacket now I have the boots, what a dick I am :facepalm

8kkILmc.jpg

I bought the boots using my Starbucks points

Hahaha what's those cost? Like 4 orange mocha Frappuccinos?

It's okay, I went to the "more than red" Ducati event last night and I felt like such a poser fanboy, but I do admit, that panigale v4 speciale is boner inducing.

Hahaha what's those cost? Like 4 orange mocha Frappuccinos?

It's okay, I went to the "more than red" Ducati event last night and I felt like such a poser fanboy, but I do admit, that panigale v4 speciale is boner inducing.

I was shopping for the none Ducati version of the TCX RT-Race but sales guy knocked $100 off the price of these so I couldn’t refuse.
It was the same dude I bought my bike from and he’s one of the least BSing sales guys I’ve ever met.

Back