• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

I was riding alongside one of those cars one day and the driver kept getting on the gas and immediately backing all the way off. Its was making a ton of snap crackling pop noises on decel.
Nice looking car though.

He turned on the Dynamic Exhaust. Those zany Jaguar engineers set up Dynamic exhaust so that it opens the butterfly valves in the exhaust to make more noise and adds a little gas and changes some of the engine settings when you let off the gas to get that crackling pop. It's addictive.

You can drive around in quiet mode.

He turned on the Dynamic Exhaust. Those zany Jaguar engineers set up Dynamic exhaust so that it opens the butterfly valves in the exhaust to make more noise and adds a little gas and changes some of the engine settings when you let off the gas to get that crackling pop. It's addictive.

You can drive around in quiet mode.

I didn't think it was a nice sound at all. That sort of thing is weird though. I always hated Harley guys who would rev their bike under a bridge and through tunnels and such. But then one day I rented a Harley and I found I was doing all that obnoxious stuff also. I learned I was just as big an assholle as everyone else :(

Dead sexy ride, Vik!

Because I'm an idiot.. :laughing

m0M7c0e.jpg

Those Jags have an exhaust note that just sounds fucking awesome in today's age of "everything must be so quiet that we're going to play artificial engine noise through your speakers to make up for the lack of rumble coming from your pipes".

2801_lg.jpg

Also got some Mother VLR. This stuff works great for interiors: no slick oily feeling, no glossy fake shine, cleans and dries easily and evenly.

The downfall is it smells like a pool locker room. Any one have any better suggestions or good suggestions for car fragrances?

PS: there’s a 7 flags car wash in Martinez. $6.00 for 20 minutes and it has everything from pressure washer, brush, soap, etc. easily best $6 car wash around.

Attachments

• 9A50CA45-7159-4892-8CB4-427FA76A87D9.jpeg
    9A50CA45-7159-4892-8CB4-427FA76A87D9.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I thought the gray box at the left end of it looked familiar though I've never seen an actuator connected to so much spaghetti before. :laughing

Definitely a little messy. Tough to tell, but I think it's a six function with position feedback. The hard part will be the missing controller, so you can remove that gray box and connect the hoses to one of those hand lever manifolds you see on tractors/forklifts, or see what's in the box and try to emulate whatever signal the servos/valves require. I'd really like to try and do the latter.

Those Jags have an exhaust note that just sounds fucking awesome in today's age of "everything must be so quiet that we're going to play artificial engine noise through your speakers to make up for the lack of rumble coming from your pipes".

That's one of the big ways my inner 5 year old convinced me to buy the car.

That's one of the big ways my inner 5 year old convinced me to buy the car.

Which engine does your new ride have?

Thats the sort of car I'd be interested in if I were in the market. The grand touring machines make much more sense in the real world over a sports car IMO.

Definitely a little messy. Tough to tell, but I think it's a six function with position feedback. The hard part will be the missing controller, so you can remove that gray box and connect the hoses to one of those hand lever manifolds you see on tractors/forklifts, or see what's in the box and try to emulate whatever signal the servos/valves require. I'd really like to try and do the latter.

I've only ever dealt with single axis pneumatic actuators controlled by external optical sensors. Simple production equipment stuff. So it's usually two air lines attached along with a power/controller cable. Super simple. Never fiddled with anything as complex as what you've got. Good luck :)

This should be about the same, but with oil instead of air. Working on it will be fine, but designing a controller will definitely be stepping outside of my 'skill set'. :laughing

If I remember correctly the software used was pretty simple. Of course we got our software from the same peeps we got the equipment so it was a package deal. The hard controls for the actuator were two screws that controlled how quickly the piston extended/returned, kinda like the screws on forks. The soft controls could be set up on a timer in the code or, as we had, connected with an optical sensor triggered by go/no-go as something went by. Would a Rasberry Pi work for this?

I'd say a Raspberry Pi would work great, or Arduino. Probably wouldn't even cost much to have someone do the programming.

I have no idea what to do with it, but I'm excited to play with it. Should be here Tuesday.

Back