• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

#dreambikeatadiscount

2qcfio6.jpg

:wow

:shocker

:ride

:teeth :teeth :teeth

Sum tewlz. Converting the office into a mini-shop so I can do fun things this winter. :)

ab7a66589c98c8f2caf73f60133c0a20.jpg

It's the Craftsman 233 piece field tech/mech kit. I read over the last tool thread and ended up trying out the Husky 432 piece kit and it's ok, but I wanted to see if the China Craftsman stuff was any better. I'll be doing light duty tinkering, so it'll be fine as long as it's as decent as the Husky stuff. Also ordered a cheapy eBay 48v 1000w rear hub motor for e-bike things.

Feel like the higher # piece set you get all that means is they throw in a few more allen wrenches and inserts for a screw driver. Gotta really be careful. I still donno who the fuck makes decent shit for a decent price.

Same here. Still trying to figure that out. I'm hoping that the modern decreased quality Craftsman is still better than Husky.

Ring video doorbell. Why? Several of our Amazon deliveries have disappeared before we get to the porch. Now at least we will have a video of thieves. Also can answer the door from cell anywhere. Cool.
https://ring.com/

Now I just need to get someone to help me install it...

Yea, pretty sure when I mentioned that capability to my wife, the response was mostly unprintable save for the "No".

Amazon is now offering the ability to let their delivery folks put packages in to your garage. I can imagine many folks here would rather have strangers wandering through the house before they'd let them in the garage :).

At best, we have large planters in the front near the door to hide packages behind, to at least keep them out of site. I'm hard pressed to think a better solution.

I've considered a "mud room"/porch with a door kind of thing, but, boy, what a hassle having to open a second set of doors to get in and out every time.

Yea, pretty sure when I mentioned that capability to my wife, the response was mostly unprintable save for the "No".

Amazon is now offering the ability to let their delivery folks put packages in to your garage. I can imagine many folks here would rather have strangers wandering through the house before they'd let them in the garage :).

At best, we have large planters in the front near the door to hide packages behind, to at least keep them out of site. I'm hard pressed to think a better solution.

I've considered a "mud room"/porch with a door kind of thing, but, boy, what a hassle having to open a second set of doors to get in and out every time.

I use one of these with a phony lock on front. Seems to work..
https://www.acehardware.com/departments/storage-and-organization/outdoor-storage/deck-boxes/7268592

I ship stuff to my work. There's always someone there to receive deliveries.

Yeah. Autel Maxsys elite. Overkill for my "needs" in a big way. But there's little I can't cover with this tool. And if it helps one person out on the trails, I'll feel it's paid is way.

Edit:
Well one day in, and I have to say I'm disappointed in the scanner. Turns out that while they include and advertise all those ODB1 connectors, there's no software support for any of them. It took a concentrated amount of digging through their painfully slow website to discover they have no plans to support them either.

So, back it'll go!

Last edited:
Back