• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

I did a little google on Calguns and apparently even though it is not on the roster it is California legal so if you have family out of state and they happen to gift it to you you are able to take possession legally in CA. But that is just an internet search.

I think the intent of the roster is to make it as difficult as possible for manufacturers to sell guns there and eventually they will stop trying and then the state wins without actually trampling your rights. Win-Win.....

I did a little google on Calguns and apparently even though it is not on the roster it is California legal so if you have family out of state and they happen to gift it to you you are able to take possession legally in CA. But that is just an internet search.

I think the intent of the roster is to make it as difficult as possible for manufacturers to sell guns there and eventually they will stop trying and then the state wins without actually trampling your rights. Win-Win.....

Kind of true. Non-roster handguns can be possessed legally BUT the transfer has be to be done in state in person with both seller and buyer present.

I have several off roster handguns but have met the sellers in person to do the transfer. Often LEO buy what they want (roster exempt) and then sell making a now off roster gun in the state legally. I think it's pretty complicated for family members to ship/transfer off roster handguns to california relatives. Roman would know more about that.

Only applies to parents/kids/grandparents. No brothers, sisters, in-laws, cousins, step whatever.

Actually, I was thinking two different things.

One aspect of the roster is the "safe handgun" bit where the company has to get the gun approved.

But the other is, as I understand it, for centerfire semi-auto pistols, all of the "new ones" have to support "microstamping", which AFAIK, none do.

So, I think the rimfire is easier to get approved as it's just going through the process, whereas the centerfires are effectively impossible to to get approved.

I believe Ruger doesn't play just as a matter of principle, which is why the SR-22 is not here.

This is the only modern Glock you can buy in CA today, right?

To the public, the new gen 4 and gen 5 glocks are not available.

Speaking of Ruger SR22, I have a SR22 4.5" long slide for sale......... It's on Calguns along with my Ruger Security 9.

Old School turbo
pqHga6Kl.jpg

Since you guys loved my last shoes so much, how about these custom made ones in 49ers livery?

vSwx2w7.jpg

Went to pick a Heritage Rough Rider, got distracted by the Ruger's Cerakote :facepalm

520-A130-D-CA53-461-F-A333-3-A71-CF0025-F7.jpg

265180-D5-B1-FB-4-CCF-A5-E6-63-D66-B700-CD3.jpg

C7-FACA7-D-073-D-4-E9-B-B3-C1-56-FFF3810032.jpg

Did some work on the PPVs suspension; H&R lowering springs for a G8, urethane upper strut mounts, adjustable sway bar links, and new shocks/struts. Really liking the change, looks much better to me and feels a lot better. Very little change in NVH, but feels a lot more planted. Factory strut mounts and sway bar links are known garbage on these cars, this had a good clunk in the front end over certain bumps, all nice and quiet now.

Last edited:
Back