• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

I’ve got one too. They work very well.

I went with the brushless version...which was unfortunately a lot more expensive...but I figure the longevity of the motor plus the lower friction and heat generation would help with battery life. Initial tests seem to confirm that assumption. I've got 3/4 of an acre to mow and got it all done with two bars left on the battery.

I went with the brushless version...which was unfortunately a lot more expensive...but I figure the longevity of the motor plus the lower friction and heat generation would help with battery life. Initial tests seem to confirm that assumption. I've got 3/4 of an acre to mow and got it all done with two bars left on the battery.

Even the old battery electric mowers from 20+ years ago worked very well, albeit no way could my Black and Decker do 3/4 of an acre.

In all those decades I have replaced the battery just once so fingers crossed the same goes for you modern one.

I bought one to get rid of having to use gas cans and inhale carbon monoxide.

Best yard tool I ever bought and it is a dinosaur.

I finally replaced the headlights. The original owner of the bike put in some obnoxious HID bulbs in the OEM housings. I finally found some LED housings that a) look good, b) make useable light, and c) don’t produce glare for oncoming vehicles. (I had a friend ride the bike while I drove my car towards and in front.)

One pic is ignition on / engine off, the other two are engine running lo-beam, then high and low beam.

Attachments

• 571EFB61-75A9-4778-9292-A2DAD9B4E3D6.jpg
    571EFB61-75A9-4778-9292-A2DAD9B4E3D6.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 18
  • E742E739-C37D-46E7-9888-654D164B3094.jpg
    E742E739-C37D-46E7-9888-654D164B3094.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 1E1E67F0-8CF4-41B3-ABA9-82136FCD194F.jpg
    1E1E67F0-8CF4-41B3-ABA9-82136FCD194F.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 17
In 1985 I helped one of the Topgun Bro’s repair his motorcycle. While at his home, I saw a handmade stained-glass piece of art hanging in his window.

On and off for the last 35 years I’ve searched for an artist that would make one for me at a reasonable price. I found a handful that would do the job, but not at a cost that I thought was reasonable….until a few months ago. We met, she made some drawings and gathered some samples of glass, she asked for the $ to cover materials, and the waiting began.

Almost two months later she presented me with the finished piece. I couldn’t be happier. It was worth the 35yr wait.

The “TOP GUN” piece is the original, still hanging in Hollywood’s home. The other is my recent piece.

Attachments

• 2C554185-7D8B-4445-98A3-57E6C4F266FA.jpg
    2C554185-7D8B-4445-98A3-57E6C4F266FA.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 438E0EFD-CFEE-43EB-A77D-FF8F37887C65.jpg
    438E0EFD-CFEE-43EB-A77D-FF8F37887C65.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 16
Nice!

Now get some mirrors... :twofinger

Funny you mention that. The stock mirror placement wasn’t right for me, so I purchased some extensions.

Attachments

• 76190EF4-088A-4A2A-9F92-E61A3E23FCFA.jpg
    76190EF4-088A-4A2A-9F92-E61A3E23FCFA.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 26
For the last 40 years I’ve done everything I could to avoid riding an HD. I’m not sure what happened a few months ago, but I decided I wanted another orange bike. I found an XR1200 in inSane Diego. I left home at 0200 got to SD, loaded it up and drove home got home at 1905.

It’s the heaviest (570lb) and weakest (90hp) bike I’ve owned since 1985. After the first ride, I knew I needed to do the suspension immediately.

I chose GP Suspension (owned by a BARFer) and sent the forks off to be rebuilt, and ordered Ohlins shocks. The recommended shocks are 2in (!!!) longer than stock and the XR already leaned over quite far on its Jiffy Stand. I purchased a Jiffy Stand extension block to give me more confidence that the stand is down and secure before I try and getoff the bike.

It took a few weeks for the forks to be completed, and almost 4 months for Ohlins to ship the shocks. That gave me an opportunity to test the forks independently from the shocks. The stock forks were slightly better than screendoor cylinders. The bike porpoised with any throttle adjustments. The rear shocks felt like I was riding a hard tail.

I’m very, very happy with the results. The bike is much more composed on all surfaces, and with brake / throttle adjustments.

The combination of forks and shocks has raised the bike enough that I’m on the very tips of my toes. I’ve got the spring preload reduced about as far as I want to at this time. That’s going to take some getting used to.

Attachments

• AF7DAD28-4453-492E-94A1-91C7A0BC7AB3.jpg
    AF7DAD28-4453-492E-94A1-91C7A0BC7AB3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 59945CD3-FAAE-4CCC-9380-37B121EEDAA3.jpg
    59945CD3-FAAE-4CCC-9380-37B121EEDAA3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 04E723A0-9492-4435-879C-DC5462C4A23E.jpg
    04E723A0-9492-4435-879C-DC5462C4A23E.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 30
  • EDCEB078-7DFC-4576-B0A3-FA3DB427F8FC.jpg
    EDCEB078-7DFC-4576-B0A3-FA3DB427F8FC.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 24
:laughing
For the last 40 years I’ve done everything I could to avoid riding an HD. I’m not sure what happened a few months ago, but I decided I wanted another orange bike. I found an XR1200 in inSane Diego. I left home at 0200 got to SD, loaded it up and drove home the same day.

It’s the heaviest (570lb) and weakest (90hp) bike I’ve owned since 1985. After the first ride, I knew I needed to do the suspension immediately.

I chose GP Suspension (owned by a BARFer) and sent the forks off to be rebuilt, and ordered Ohlins shocks. The recommended shocks are 2in (!!!) longer than stock and the XR already leaned over quite far on its Jiffy Stand. I purchased a Jiffy Stand extension for a little more peace of mind.

It took a few weeks for the forks to be completed, and almost 4 months for Ohlins to ship the shocks. That gave me an opportunity to test the forks independently from the shocks. The stock forks were slightly better than screendoor cylinders. The bike porpoised with any throttle adjustments. The rear shocks felt like I was riding a hard tail.

I’m very, very happy with the results. The bike is much more composed on all surfaces, and with brake / throttle adjustments.

The combination of forks and shocks has raised the bike enough that I’m on the very tips of my toes. It’s going to take some getting used to. I’ve got the spring preload reduced about as far as I want to at this time.
I have been down that road your on before..................
Then I sold it...:party
I used to know allmost Everything about that bike...And Every fix!.....
Now it's gone I can sleep better now....:laughing

By the way.....does it have a 4 bolt rotor stator..or a 8 bolt ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220825-162929_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220825-162929_Chrome.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
For the last 40 years I’ve done everything I could to avoid riding an HD. I’m not sure what happened a few months ago, but I decided I wanted another orange bike. I found an XR1200 in inSane Diego. I left home at 0200 got to SD, loaded it up and drove home the same day.

I chose GP Suspension (owned by a BARFer) and sent the forks off to be rebuilt, and ordered Ohlins shocks. The recommended shocks are 2in (!!!) longer than stock and the XR already leaned over quite far on its Jiffy Stand. I purchased a Jiffy Stand extension for a little more peace of mind.

The combination of forks and shocks has raised the bike enough that I’m on the very tips of my toes. It’s going to take some getting used to. I’ve got the spring preload reduced about as far as I want to at this time.

Truly well chosen and appointed. Love it. I want one not too dissimilar.

Bikes look great T, especially the HD. That thing's growing on me...

By the way.....does it have a 4 bolt rotor stator..or a 8 bolt ?
I have no idea. Which one do all the cool kids have?

The previous owner installed a reduced effort clutch spring thing, the ‘Scotty Mod’ re-gearing it to reduce RPM on the freeway, a proper LED headlight, frame-sliders(?), lowered foot pegs (removed and placed in a box), and a Storz shifter.

The shifter was an unexpected Easter egg. It’s one of the only aftermarket ones that can be easily swapped to reverse-shift. I haven’t owned a standard shifting streetbike in 20+ years.

Oh, the PO also drilled out the mufflers. I placed caps / plugs on them. Loud bikes / cars suck.

I wish I had a mudflap problem on a bronco. :(

Long rigid mud flaps are fine for street use and stuff like bladed forest service roads. If you actually "wheel" it you're going to be breaking, cracking, and/or tearing them off.
Taco's are pretty famous for trashing their rigid mud flaps and the new Bronco's flaps look almost identical. An inexpensive pair for the front are like what, $65 -$75 and you can't buy just one flap.

For those of you with the V6 any engine issues? Have the Feds issued a recall yet?

Attachments

• Mud Flaps.jpg
    Mud Flaps.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
After the find of Kiely Rodni in a lake I bought a 3 pack of these. I hope we never have to use them.

[YOUTUBE]JqhgOR1Tnco[/YOUTUBE]

Plenty of pocket knives have window breaker poker thingy built in, then you have it with you no matter where you are.

Back