• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

That looks like a shotgun. Don't you just need to point those in the general direction and yank the trigger?

Is that a resin blaster?

It is Elfin Knight Water gun that I painted not long ago.

Before
PKD_before

After
Holster#1

AFTER#6

AFTER#10

It is pretty nice, actually.
The size and proportion is correct.
All the details are there, in the right place and right shape.

It has no moving parts other than triggers, but it is actually a good thing, if you are planning to use it for photo / video prop.
(You don't have to worry about small delicate part(s) getting ripped off when you do the quick draw from the holster, for example.)

That looks like a shotgun. Don't you just need to point those in the general direction and yank the trigger?

It is indeed. Mossberg 12g 930 (semi-auto).

Depends on the use/target. If you are shooting slugs, you can basically treat it as a shorter-range rifle (50-200 yards). If you're shooting 00 buckshot, you'll only see about 2 inches of spread at 10 yards and 5-8 inches of spread at 15 yards so you still need to be accurate to be effective.

It is Elfin Knight Water gun that I painted not long ago.

It is pretty nice, actually.
The size and proportion is correct.
All the details are there, in the right place and right shape.

It is nice.

I used to paint water pistols too as a kid. They didn't come out as nice as yours, but they sure beat dayglo green.

Wolfbox G900 mirror/camera/dashcam. Got it for the rearview mirror so I can see out the back of my Ford Transit. Dashcam was an extra.

attachment.php

What's the suspension like? I was going to buy one over here for "She who must be obeyed" but the suspension was extremely harsh.

Still kind of harsh. Suspension travel is short and well, it's a sports car. Could always change out the suspension.:thumbup

Dang, that thing is minty! Time for an LS swap :devil

Thanks!

But, nah. I'm keeping this stock forever.

If it were not the M Edition, perhaps down the road. Luckily a LS swap wouldn't make it too nose heavy because I believe the bulk of the engine would sit behind the front axle and give it a near 50/50 weight distribution from what I've read.

1997 Mazda Miata M-Edition w/36k miles. Single owner (family friend).

Wow, very nice!

It's shocking how much those go for these days.

I've had my 1994 R since new and in April of 2020 finally got rid of the harsher than stock R "suspension" which had all the compliance of a shopping cart.

Custom suspension from these guys.

Not cheap but worth it.

https://www.fatcatmotorsports.com/

The engine/tranny are bulletproof on these cars, lifter noise is the main aggravation as the engine ages which is easily cured/prevented by using synthetic motor oil.

I also recommend once in a while use of Seafoam or similar as for a period my car would "ping" under load climbing hills and I had to use premium.

Using Seafoam every few tanks allowed me to go back to regular gas.

Have fun! :thumbup

Thanks for the tips! I think I'll keep the suspension stock as well though.

Are you part of the Bay Area Miata Association? Thinking about join just for the drives.

Thanks for the tips! I think I'll keep the suspension stock as well though.

Are you part of the Bay Area Miata Association? Thinking about join just for the drives.

Your suspension has more compliance than my did so it is probably just fine.

BAMA does most of their stuff south of here so, no, have not participated.

I did a few drives with folks from Miata.net as there is a NorCal section with a "let's go for a drive" thread.

Truth be told they drove like a bunch of idiots, (unlike what BAMA does from what I've read).

Driving Skaggs, as just one example, as if there was zero chance of their being an obstruction around blind corners.

It was essentially a race with cars going way above any sensible pace where sightlines are limited.

I drive with the idea that a deer, tree, U turner, bicyclist, you name it can be just around the corner.

When I pointed that out they objected so I never drove with them again.

But Miata NAs are a ton of fun stock.

My mechanic who used to flip Miatas, keeps bugging me to drop a V8 into the car which to my mind makes zero sense.

The car is fast enough stock in the tight twisties to keep up with just about anything unless that person throws caution to the wind.

No need for more power IMHO on Sonoma County/Napa County/Marin County backroads.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've noticed BAMA does more south. That's fine.

And you are right, this Miata is plenty for backroads around Marin/Sonoma/Napa counties.

I'll probably end up driving the Miata more than my motorcycle on the weekends.

I've thought about selling it, but the W650 is kind of rare and I do love it as my hipster ride.

i picked up this 40 year old sweedish hottie and she's apparently qite the screamer. protect those Hearing Organs yall!

Attachments

• rps20220930_083144.jpg
    rps20220930_083144.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 19
  • rps20220930_083845.jpg
    rps20220930_083845.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 19
Back