• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Don’t forget the travel size detailing spray, microfiber towel, and the holster that slides over your belt.

I did a thing.
In order to work on steady hold factors for precision shooting, I bought a precision break barrel piston springer in .22.
If you can learn to shoot one of these accurately standing offhand, you can shoot just about any competitive rifle.
Slings make pellets fly all over the place. You are forced to focus on natural point of aim, breath control, and muscle tension.
51v0MQu0wvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Slings make pellets fly all over the place.
How do you mean? Why would a sling do that?

Where are you shooting this? What kind of backstop do you have?

I was thinking of getting one of these, to shoot in my backyard, but I don't want to, well "hit anything" but the target (I don't want to put pellets into my cinder block wall, dents or holes into my alumawood patio covers, etc.)

Also not super motivated to drag out a pair of 4x4 plywood panels (though they should be big an thick enough to stop on of these -- for awhile). I have a small (10x10", say?) metal pellet trap, but I'm not sure if its up for .22 like this, and I fully expect to not be able to keep it on that size of a target at times.

How do you mean? Why would a sling do that?

Where are you shooting this? What kind of backstop do you have?

I was thinking of getting one of these, to shoot in my backyard, but I don't want to, well "hit anything" but the target (I don't want to put pellets into my cinder block wall, dents or holes into my alumawood patio covers, etc.)

Also not super motivated to drag out a pair of 4x4 plywood panels (though they should be big an thick enough to stop on of these -- for awhile). I have a small (10x10", say?) metal pellet trap, but I'm not sure if its up for .22 like this, and I fully expect to not be able to keep it on that size of a target at times.

This airgun can run supersonic with copper or aluminum pellets. 1300fps.

Springer's have the unusual characteristic of recoiling in two directions. Because of this, one uses an "artillery hold" to allow the gun to be consistent.
Watch a video about shooting Springer airguns, it'll all make sense.

Exactly. That's why I'm concerned about a proper, yet large enough backstop!
These will give you some ideas, I think.

Yes, he's using .177 "target pistol".
But, a lot of people using the similar set up for PCP and high power springer rifles (on Youtube anyway😁)
If you don't want to leave the ugly target box in the backyard, you can substitute rubber mulch to old clothes, rags.

Here's another option.
You can get a sheet of polycarbonate at TAP plastic, find a way to set it (either free hanging, or tilt down slightly)
tape / glue down old rugs or car / truck floor mat on PC board (to prevent ricochet).

I did a thing.
In order to work on steady hold factors for precision shooting, I bought a precision break barrel piston springer in .22.
If you can learn to shoot one of these accurately standing offhand, you can shoot just about any competitive rifle.
Slings make pellets fly all over the place. You are forced to focus on natural point of aim, breath control, and muscle tension. View attachment 564934
Nice!
Do you shoot in your backyard?
Or have you taken it outside?

Nice!
Do you shoot in your backyard?
Or have you taken it outside?
I live in a city, no shootie in my backyardie.
I took it out to the Sebastopol Rifle & Pistol Club tonight to benchrest test 7 different pellets and weights.
I found 2 clear winners.
H&N Hornet 16.26 gr. Produced an 890.5 fps average, with a 0.649"x0.396" five shot group at 50'.
H&N Baracuda Green 12.96 gr. Produced a 998.8 fps average with a 0.467"x0.618" five shot group.
Next time out, I'll dial in the scope.

Attachments

• 20240820_194107.jpg
    20240820_194107.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 19
Out of the $50k+ in tools I’ve bought, that little Snap-On ratchet is probably my favorite. I use it countless times per day.
Yup. 1/4" drive ratchet is SO useful, especially when you are working on motorcycles.
(For cars, I use 1/4" quite often also. Things like valve cover bolts are much easier to work on with 1/4" drive ratchet.)
This ratchet handle is the first thing I tend to grab when I start working on something, most of the time.

Size comparison with the Miata.
Hz5Xw6c.jpeg

Got it to fit in the garage along the Miata. Wife not happy. LOL
Just cleaned the Mass Airflow Sensor on my 1994 Miata. What a difference.

Well worth the 30 minutes and a can of CRC MAF spray.

Attachments

• MAF cleaning (1).JPG
    MAF cleaning (1).JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
  • MAF cleaning (2).JPG
    MAF cleaning (2).JPG
    671.1 KB · Views: 16
Don’t forget the travel size detailing spray, microfiber towel, and the holster that slides over your belt.
Also the sign you have made stating TPW, all options, and it’s a 1 of xxx car with those combination of options that gets set up in front of the car when it’s parked at any type of car show.

And the lawn chair for you to sit on next to your sign so if a passerby looks like they even give a microcosm of a fuck about your combination of options, you can tell them allllll about the car.

It was a sunny Tuesday afternoon in Bowling Green when this baby rolled off the line….

Back