• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

I have a few of them, with a fold out spare blade holder instead of the screwdriver. It's the best utility knife I've ever had.

Looking at staying the winter, possibly needing heat tape on the water line, so I made this weather head.
Butchered a hole to install inside the pitcher, Marine Goop was used to glue it back together and seal. Even the lid is used to reduce critter access
So, I have power to my "Fortress of Solitude" and standing by for winter water.

Attachments

• IMG_6255.jpg
    IMG_6255.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6256.jpg
    IMG_6256.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 21
my mom stole my miele. so i bought another. these are the best vacuums ever. i got the c3 model.

Vac.jpeg

New Weber
My recent experience with Weber Co: Ignitor button on my 6 year old grill started getting loose, then stopped working on a Saturday night; Went to Weber website and verified I was registered with them; Found warranty info: grill 10 years / electronic parts 3 years; Found the part I needed- "electronic ignition switch- $39.95"; Tried to purchase it, "problem with payment"; Tried again, and a third time with a different card, "problem with payment"; Called them Monday morning and talked to a rep "yeah, those are an issue, what's your address I'll send you an updated switch at no charge". So, they went out of their way to NOT take my money. Weber! :thumbup

My recent experience with Weber Co: Ignitor button on my 6 year old grill started getting loose, then stopped working on a Saturday night; Went to Weber website and verified I was registered with them; Found warranty info: grill 10 years / electronic parts 3 years; Found the part I needed- "electronic ignition switch- $39.95"; Tried to purchase it, "problem with payment"; Tried again, and a third time with a different card, "problem with payment"; Called them Monday morning and talked to a rep "yeah, those are an issue, what's your address I'll send you an updated switch at no charge". So, they went out of their way to NOT take my money. Weber! :thumbup
I never bothered replacing mine; just use a long lighter.

I never bothered replacing mine; just use a long lighter.
I used to start my old truck with a screwdriver... then I realized I don't live in Cuba. :laughing
I sprayed some Electromotive cleaner down mine, and it solved the corrosion problem (for now). Mine is 22 years old.
This was the new "soft-touch" switch. It was physically broken, flopping around under the rubber cover. My previous Weber was at least 25 years old, spent most of it's life on an uncovered patio, and went to the grave with it's original "old style" switch intact.

my mom stole my miele. so i bought another. these are the best vacuums ever. i got the c3 model.

I love my Miele! Bought it in 1995 still sucks like a beast.
I'm a fairly new "house-husband" and I'm in the market for a new vacuum. I currently have a hoover upright... and I hate it! :x
I was considering a dyson, but so expensive. Strange, I've never even heard of a miele. Sounds like you both like them. Anything I should know?

You get what you pay for with Vacuums.
I arm-wrestled a door-to-door vacuum salesman for a 'good' price on my Rainbow vacuum almost 30 years ago.
I will be surprised if it doesn't last me ANOTHER 30 years. And it is very VERY hypoallergenic.
Super strong motor.

I'm a fairly new "house-husband" and I'm in the market for a new vacuum. I currently have a hoover upright... and I hate it! :x
I was considering a dyson, but so expensive. Strange, I've never even heard of a miele. Sounds like you both like them. Anything I should know?
So, I just snagged mine for a steal. They are expensive. They are superior to the Dyson which doesn't seem to last that long. The Miele my mom stole was in my hands for close to a decade. I expect the one I am buying to last me the rest of my life. My mom has had a Dyson and it didn't perform well and was dusty. And... she stole my Miele so I guess that says everything.

By the Miele bags. If you’re thinking that on a budget you can clean them out and reuse them.

You get what you pay for with Vacuums.
I arm-wrestled a door-to-door vacuum salesman for a 'good' price on my Rainbow vacuum almost 30 years ago.
I will be surprised if it doesn't last me ANOTHER 30 years. And it is very VERY hypoallergenic.
Super strong motor.

My mom bought a Rainbow vacuum in the `70's. We thought it was the coolest thing and used it alllll the time. We had the scents that we'd put in the water, too. My older sister has it now and uses it all the time. It has never skipped a beat! Pretty amazing to think it's still going strong at 50+ years old.

I have a Dyson Animal and it's been pretty solid for a few years. I don't use it near as often as I should so maybe it will last me a long time :teeth

Strange, I've never even heard of a miele. Sounds like you both like them. Anything I should know?

There's an independent store across from the Chipotle in Salvio Square (concord) that sells/ services Miele. Worth a check in. Now I'm thinking of getting one thanks to this "help others spend their money" thread!

I'm a huge fan of Shark vacuums. They function very well, and their customer service kicks ass. I've damaged and broken a couple pieces, and Shark has replaced them for free.

$550 is a great price for Miele. My mom bought one, it was great, until she killed it somehow. Then she killed a dyson. I’ve had Rainbow-ugg that water is heavy, Kirby- whole damn thing was heavy, 2 Dyson, one was a cordless stick-died, Eureka, Hoover, Bissel-all muerto.
Now I’ve gone cordless and will never go back. Found a $200 cordless shark stick vac that cuts the hair off the roller, definite bonus for this long haired hippie freak. Push button to eject contents, no bags. Unsnap to do car, it rocks (and picked up the rocks in my car).

Back