• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Iā€™m drinking the Dyson kool aid. I have a Vā€¦.uh 15(?) ā€œdetectā€ cordless and that thing is awesome.

Also not awesome for ocd types like me as the laser thing keeps finding lint on the tile floor. Before I know it, Iā€™ve vacuumed half the damn house when all I wanted to do was one spot.

Have always heard that Miele was best of the best. They always use bags if Iā€™m not mistaken. Gotta be something to that.

I'm a huge fan of Shark vacuums. They function very well, and their customer service kicks ass. I've damaged and broken a couple pieces, and Shark has replaced them for free.
Had a shark vacuum for about 2 weeks...we have Persian rugs on hard wood floors..
I rolled one back to find the vacuum was beating the Dirt down to the floor. Instead of sucking it up!......
Which could ruin the finish on the floor....$$

Dammit, Lowe's! :laughing

IMG_9081.jpeg
IMG_9080.jpeg

We killed our animal Dyson somehow? :rolleyes: It may just need new battery, yup. Prior Dyson killed by diatomaceous earth for fleas, you didnā€™t ask but the answer was actual steam. Also when I got my woolen handmade Baluchistani carpets, it specifically said no rotating/ beater brushes. So I hang and beat, Clean the floor, then reposition and follow up with a different attachment for quickie cleans. Latest purchase was a boring mop, no pics necessary, now who wants to clean this floor? Not me, not me.

We've had our Dyson V6(?) stick vacuum for...7 years now? Something like that.

We've gone through a couple of battery packs. We've had better luck with the Dyson badged replacement packs.

It's cordless, and it works well enough. It certainly is easy to use.

Vacuum under the bed, and the container fills with kitty fluff, because that cats enjoy lounging down there (and it's been scientifically proven that our white cat grows fur faster than we can brush it off of her...).

We use it once a week.

We drag the Hoover out for it upholstery tool. That thing is beast compared to the Dyson.

And, full disclosure, for whatever reason the Dyson shut down half way through last week. Recharge fixed it, doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Cleaned the filter and all that. Just, stopped. Worked fine this week though.

The Dyson stick vacuums pale in comparison to their legit uprights. We bought one of the animal stick vacuums a number of years ago and returned it to Costco the following week. It sucked...not literally.

At the 5 Finger Death Punch concert.

This dude surprised me. Very entertaining

Attachments

• IMG_3064.jpeg
    IMG_3064.jpeg
    966.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3060.jpeg
    IMG_3060.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
The Dyson stick vacuums pale in comparison to their legit uprights. We bought one of the animal stick vacuums a number of years ago and returned it to Costco the following week. It sucked...not literally.
At the risk of looking like a Dyson fanboi, we have a corded and a cordless. The latter works well for a quick once-over on hardwood, but isnā€™t anything to write home about on hardwood. The corded one works well and has for quite a long time.

My folks have a Miele and seem to like it. I havenā€™t used it, so canā€™t compare them.

At the risk of looking like a Dyson fanboi, we have a corded and a cordless. The latter works well for a quick once-over on hardwood, but isnā€™t anything to write home about on hardwood. The corded one works well and has for quite a long time.

My folks have a Miele and seem to like it. I havenā€™t used it, so canā€™t compare them.
Kelly sheds way too much for the stick versions. :laughing

I have officially joined the 1/4 drive club, Harbor Freight, gold plated, extra fancy. Went thru my sockets and separated the 1/4, now I can use them without adapters, at my age?
I went thru all of my stuff, looking for my feeler gages, I had some last trailer ago, now gone.
A new set of picks, I have one broken one left, , ,
and the 3/8 ratchet with story, Back in the '70's I loaned it to a buddy with a rat 61 vette, he returned it, + a new craftsman 3/8. He used it to torque the 327 heads, I still use it for everything.

Attachments

• IMG_6273.jpg
    IMG_6273.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 17
Back