• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

You can fuck right off if you think you're allowed to mention a crash without any details. :x

Assume y'all are ok and it was a minor get-off?

:laughing

No kidding.

Sounds like a few parts might have to be replaced but not sure which bike he's riding.

There’s some great hot springs near Austin.

That may be the plan for today, we decided to take a day off after yesterday, still annoyed with myself for being the cause of the crash, the DRZ is not a sport bike :facepalm

You can fuck right off if you think you're allowed to mention a crash without any details. :x

Assume y'all are ok and it was a minor get-off?

FINE :x we'd just gotten my buddy towed and I guess two hours of sitting had us ready to go cuz we took off like a shot up 50 near Kybaz. Right as we exited the first turn as I got on the gas my buddy put his hand up and started pulling off. He was harder on the brakes than I anticipated and once I applied more pressure to the front brake the rear broke loose and got nicely sideways. Shoulder gravel and lack of talent ensued and I lost the front and slide into my buddies back tire at which point I think I high sided, just based on how the bike slid. You sure do slide for a while on pavement,.I'd guess I was doing 45-50. Wore through the right shoulder of my jacket, and the two layers below it, jammed.my left thumb somehow and sanded down the right side of my helmet.

Got up a milled about for a bit to make sure everything was in one piece, the rode to the next gas station to lick our wounds. My bike got a bent and ground down bark buster, little rash on the fork lower a lightly shredded saddle bag and of course the triple tree got twisted. I also noticed the front rotor had a nice bend in it, probably from my buddies rear tire.

Untwisted the triple tree and used pliers to get the rotor pretty straight actually.

I was pissed at myself and ready to call it but my buddy was like "we gotta ride somewhere" so we rode to Austin, NV instead?

His bike took almost no damage, slightly tweaked the tail tidy frame and somehow the heat shield (the kind you bolt onto pipes to protect saddle bags) got bent rather concave.

Biggest downside is that his bike fell on him and his boots aren't super stiff so his ankle is bothering him. We're gonna assess today and decide if we continue or call it. He had the same injury last year and rode through it, but somehow didn't upgrade his boots...

Far as I can tell this morning I'm stiff, but functional. Pretty mad at myself because this could have been avoided if I'd swerved instead of braked.

:laughing

No kidding.

Sounds like a few parts might have to be replaced but not sure which bike he's riding.

Triple, no parts urgently need replacement, bark busters and a new rotor when I get home. DRZ is hard to kill. Oh and a new jacket and helmet and cheapo adv gloves, gear did it's job.

Triple, no parts urgently need replacement, bark busters and a new rotor when I get home. DRZ is hard to kill. Oh and a new jacket and helmet and cheapo adv gloves, gear did it's job.

Hopefully there were no witnesses!

Hopefully there were no witnesses!

The GoPro was off but I couldn't get the bikes up before a driver stopped to help (of course he was a fellow rider). Helped us get the bikes up and made sure we were ok before heading off

Damn. Glad you're doing posting positively

Days off over here, not much stuff to do.

Trying, if I'd just crashed myself I'd be over it already but taking someone else out not acceptable, so I'm not positive about that.

my eMglish bad, I probably meant to say "glad , posting, relatively, uninjured" - but I actually thought it's not the right thing to say

gray Morming in The SF , probably effected some affect upon me.

insane . Giant bicycles has some deals with 10% off a brand new bike with carbon - costing less than you think - with Tiagra "RAILERS"... (Tiagra is apparently about as good as 'old 105')... man... I don't ..... cant do this right now... but I "think I need" it... :(

never even owned a brand new bike with bent bars and 105. :(

Tiagra is not great in my opinion, I'd not go below 106, and prefer ultegra because I'm a snob, and I think the way you stared it made sense in both ways

Wow. What a day. Trying to put together something for my husband, who married me 40 years ago on Monday. I still can't believe we made it.

For those of you who helped and sent prayers to the little one, he left this world. He was such a warrior. His parents, grandparents, family and friends are devastated. Thank you again for those of you who sent info. and positive thoughts. Thought I would update you before BARF goes down. Have a good holiday.

:(
Sadz

:rip

-

Went to HD for a little R&R road tripping.

Everything(well, first isles) is locked behind steel mesh. Also the tape measures, in a glass cabinet. It didn't use to be so. :( people have learned to nick it.

Standing in the portable/mechanics light isles. Someday I might need to "invest" in a mechanic light ...just using lanterns and flashlights so far.

Last edited:
Aaaand dammit. Drizzle bad weather and some flyby poooed straight center on top of my car :mad :shocker

Uuuurrrgghhhh … yeah okay. :mad :(

Last edited:
Back