• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

So much for Swiss craftsmanship.

Just got my 1972 Omega watch back last week from Switzerland after an $800 rebuild that took 7 months to turnaround.

Went to set the time on the Omega for the second time and the crown (which had been replaced) pulled right out and the time cannot be set.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Never had that issue before.

Sent an e'mai to Swatch Group; better be a warranty of some sort though none was mentioned.

Kuro, I feel for you and your family. I’m glad your mom has you.

Well, that's not ideal, musta been outsourced, only way to make a heaping profit these days don't ya know.

I swear the most stressful part of trips is dealing with ditching my car somewhere in SF. Not stressful enough for me to spend on a garage for the car, but, ya know.

And then it'll happen again in a week.

That's not curb rash.

:laughing exactly. It wasn't. One little nick and he wanted to replace it... :rofl

but then latter comments were like "oh whatever, another time my wife hit my moto while parking... " :rofl anyway that's why I linked "a good read".

Maybe I should suck it up and try some yoga or something.

I remember someone suggested that to me too but I was always afraid/didn't know how to /go.

Oh well, gives me more time to decide where to stash my car since the usual spot is having the street ripped up so my buddy was not interested in another car parked up there.

:confused :wave I still remember someone calling my situation remote or something, the other day :laughing

You mean the hinter lands? Found a spot on a Friday side a few blocks from Forest Hill station. 1st and 3rd Friday street sweeping only, and the third Friday of this month was last week, so I guess I win, probably?

Last edited:
You mean the hinter lands? Found a spot on a Friday side a few blocks from Forest Hill station. 1st and 3rd Friday street sweeping only, and the third Friday of this month was last week, so I guess I win, probably?

LMK where, I have a friend who lives nearby and I can ask him to check in on your car. He can drive a manual just in case. :D

Nate, can't you leave the car where you normally park and have someone rotate the tires ever other day?

As for the trip... Shiny side stays up and have fun!

And that part about hot temperatures... :rofl HOT is when you're in the middle of BF Wyoming and you pullover just to stand in the shade of a telephone pole!

Have a great trip Nathan!!! Check in, send pictures!

LMK where, I have a friend who lives nearby and I can ask him to check in on your car. He can drive a manual just in case. :D

Should be good to go, but thanks!

Nate, can't you leave the car where you normally park and have someone rotate the tires ever other day?

As for the trip... Shiny side stays up and have fun!

And that part about hot temperatures... :rofl HOT is when you're in the middle of BF Wyoming and you pullover just to stand in the shade of a telephone pole!

Well ya see, that means you gotta have someone.. who can drive a stick and owes ya a favor :laughing

Have a great trip Nathan!!! Check in, send pictures!

You bet, text messages and of course the photos of your bike on location thread :teeth:ride

Now you've done it!

Good find, hehe
-
I could do it too. Oh wait you were doubting I can drive @ manual?!?

Last edited:
:twofinger

No I know you and a few other people who can drive stick, but I personally think requiring someone to travel across town to move my car is, well, more than a favor :laughing

Let's just say no one who lives nearby me, that I know, can drive a stick. Someday I'll teach Jules, but we keep forgetting

Well got all my stuff done, now I'm just waiting on the guys. Probably be rude of me to just take off and meet them at tonight's destination.

AE, my kid loves she past away. Frickin' Turk weirdos.

Nate, I would move your car if I were in town. You're always too kind to me.

Baby, I can move your car
You don’t know how lucky you are

Kuro, I feel for you and your family. I’m glad your mom has you.

Thanks, G. I don't have a lot of immediate family left and my brother is a cancer on everything. I don't use that word lightly because my mother is a cancer survivor.

Back