• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Good morning, sitting at a sweet coffee shop here in town. Have to return to St Ralph today :cry :barf

@byke you serious? Our neighbor takes care of a woman who actually has a 20 acre lot with well, septic and utilities up the road from our place. Little friendlier path to access the property. Ie: you would not need a crawler to pull in a mobile home.

I'd seen pictures of the dog, pitbull breed, but I didn't know the dog was so untrained that it was going to be a constant spastic shit here, pee there, eat that, tear this up, jump all over, etc type of dog. I've dogsat for friends that have well trained dogs, big and small, no big deal. So he gets mad at me for not being able to know how to contain a big untrained dog he clearly hasn't even trained himself. Proof was in the pudding when he tried to leave the dog at my mom's house and just closed the door in a room while he goes off doing, whatever, because he couldn't handle his dog. Left the dog to piss and shit all over the room.

Pretty sure some or many or all of you have heard me talk about me and my brother not being on good terms. That was just a drop in the bucket.
That sucks and yeah, I've heard you talk about him before. Some people just don't deserve to have a dog. Just like kids, dogs require supervision and training and they don't all come with your own Cesar Millan included to train them. Owning a dog is a physical, mental, emotional and monetary investment. Too many people see them as a fashion accessory instead of a living being.
Just came to mind watching this small lady trying to pull the dog in a direction it did not want to go in and there wasn't much she could do about it.
There probably was, honestly. I think a lot of people don't know their own strength and/or are afraid to use it on their dog when it's necessary. Regardless, this is where training comes in and is so important.

Stubborn and strong can be a powerful combination. I am with you in that I don't understand why someone would get a dog they can't physically control.
Because you don't know what kind of dog it's going to be in most cases when you're getting it as a puppy. I've seen pitbull mixes that are only 40 pounds and some that are 80. It varies wildly. However, If even a smaller-framed K9 officer can handle an 80+ pound Belgian Malinois, there's likely no reason your standard pitbull mix should be uncontrollable for the average person. It's all about training and discipline. Kelly weighs 100 pounds soaking wet yet she handles Jack just fine when he gets in a pulling mode on walks sometimes and he weighs 72 pounds.

So…. TWT, does that mean when I visit I can bring my the kids?
Pic for positive reference

Attachments

• IMG_0593.jpeg
    IMG_0593.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
Good morning, sitting at a sweet coffee shop here in town. Have to return to St Ralph today :cry :barf

@byke you serious? Our neighbor takes care of a woman who actually has a 20 acre lot with well, septic and utilities up the road from our place. Little friendlier path to access the property. Ie: you would not need a crawler to pull in a mobile home.
Definitely serious, but it's gotta be a lot more than $60k, like 3-4x more..?

Nextdoor in our area for some reason is full of "I can't take care of this dog/cat any longer" threads.

Piss poor planning.

Reply with, "just pretend you're not a piece of shit and the problem will fix itself".

Nextdoor in our area for some reason is full of "I can't take care of this dog/cat any longer" threads.

Piss poor planning.
There are legitimate cases where people can't do it anymore. Most of the cases on Nextdoor (or anywhere else really...) are not those cases, though.
Reply with, "just pretend you're not a piece of shit and the problem will fix itself".
I mean, honestly, there are usually a few options in most areas of the country to deal with that. People are just lazy and want something to fix their "problem" for them.

I've been tempted to post a "what's wrong with you people" thread on the subject but thought better of it.

Some of these people clearly had no business getting a pet.

JFC.

Tuna never pulls on leash. In most ways, he's a really easy, well behaved dog. We haven't trained him to be that way, it's how he has been.

Unfortunately, we think his very hard beginnings are a lot of the reason he's so well behaved. Grateful he's that way but sad about why.

I dunno...Jack is pretty damn easy going as far as dogs could go. I don't have to do anything more for him than I ever did for the cats I had when I was married.

Tuna never pulls on leash. In most ways, he's a really easy, well behaved dog. We haven't trained him to be that way, it's how he has been.

Unfortunately, we think his very hard beginnings are a lot of the reason he's so well behaved. Grateful he's that way but sad about why.
KISS HIS FACE. Please.

Back