• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

On my walk earlier this evening, I saw this lady walking what looked like some sort of pitbull mix. Anyway, it was a pretty big dog but she was probably 110lbs soaking wet with a full pocket of quarters and nickels.

The dog didn't look dangerous, very energetic but not dangerous. Wasn't barking. She wasn't walking that dog, that dog was walking her. She was walking uphill while I was walking downhill. As soon as I passed by, they were walking downhill too. :laughing I like pitbulls but seems to me maybe it's a bad idea to own a dog you can barely control.

Ever had Moose Drool?
Yep def. It's dark, (or brown,) yet Lager level of strength. They actually had it in draft at 'Dalva in SF so I've had it 15 years ago

On my walk earlier this evening, I saw this lady walking what looked like some sort of pitbull mix. Anyway, it was a pretty big dog but she was probably 110lbs soaking wet with a full pocket of quarters and nickels.

The dog didn't look dangerous, very energetic but not dangerous. Wasn't barking. She wasn't walking that dog, that dog was walking her. She was walking uphill while I was walking downhill. As soon as I passed by, they were walking downhill too. :laughing I like pitbulls but seems to me maybe it's a bad idea to own a dog you can barely control.
You have a point!

Most dog acquisitions aren't exactly well thought out plans...

"Oooo, what a cute pup! Let's take them home!" :love

Pitbull mixes can vary wildly in size too so it can be really hard to tell how big they'll get and it's pretty shitty to ditch a dog just because it got bigger than you expected. Sounds like the lady's dog could use some training. :2cents

Pitbull mixes can vary wildly in size too so it can be really hard to tell how big they'll get and it's pretty shitty to ditch a dog just because it got bigger than you expected. Sounds like the lady's dog could use some training. :2cents
Then there are dog owners who color outside the lines. Once met a guy who attack trained a chihuahua. No ankles were safe on his property.

I get it. It gave me a funny (not funny) memory of the last time I saw my brother. Him and his girlfriend asked me to dogsit for them. We were on okay terms at the time. I said sure, as long as there's wifi and even HDMI to a TV, I'm good for work and I'll look after the dog.

I'd seen pictures of the dog, pitbull breed, but I didn't know the dog was so untrained that it was going to be a constant spastic shit here, pee there, eat that, tear this up, jump all over, etc type of dog. I've dogsat for friends that have well trained dogs, big and small, no big deal. So he gets mad at me for not being able to know how to contain a big untrained dog he clearly hasn't even trained himself. Proof was in the pudding when he tried to leave the dog at my mom's house and just closed the door in a room while he goes off doing, whatever, because he couldn't handle his dog. Left the dog to piss and shit all over the room.

Pretty sure some or many or all of you have heard me talk about me and my brother not being on good terms. That was just a drop in the bucket.

Just came to mind watching this small lady trying to pull the dog in a direction it did not want to go in and there wasn't much she could do about it.

Stubborn and strong can be a powerful combination. I am with you in that I don't understand why someone would get a dog they can't physically control. Seems like a recipe for disaster. I loved my pit/lab mix, but he was STRONG and energetic. Not a mean bone in his body, but I could absolutely see him dragging someone around if he was allowed to do so.

Stubborn and strong can be a powerful combination. I am with you in that I don't understand why someone would get a dog they can't physically control. Seems like a recipe for disaster. I loved my pit/lab mix, but he was STRONG and energetic. Not a mean bone in his body, but I could absolutely see him dragging someone around if he was allowed to do so.
I appreciate that Ay-ay-ron.

Not a n00b. It's not like I've never seen unruly dogs that are over playful but not dangerous (I suppose that's a perspective of whose being attacked, also the dog.)

Being completely divulgatory, that dog looked so similar to my brother's dog and acted similarly, I won't lie that it brought up bad memories.

I'm only saying this because the collective of BARF post whores and in general, I trust y'all. Right or wrong, I don't want or need an echochamber.

Even a really sweet dog can get triggered by something, or drawn into an altercation. It happens. Being able to control your dog is immensely important. There are A LOT of bad/irresponsible dog owners out there.

Even a really sweet dog can get triggered by something, or drawn into an altercation. It happens. Being able to control your dog is immensely important. There are A LOT of bad/irresponsible dog owners out there.
That's how I felt... It wasn't an even an altercation. It seemed like an irresponsible owner that could barely keep a leash on the dog but she did keep it on the leash.

This was along a path a like to walk to decompress and think a few times a week. Sure, people should have their dogs on a leash but the community blurs that line a lot with dogs that are nice and clearly trained, regardless of size. But then sometimes we have assclowns who think because their dog is cool with their family and friends means it will be cool with all strangers. Not so much.

Early morning hat trick.

Good day to all of you!!

giphy.gif

Back