• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

While I don't know anything about your specific switch, Porsche has long had problems with electrical gremlins showing up that one wouldn't think could possibly be related to the ignition switch. The switches often have a nexus to other systems in the car and wonky connections in the switch have definitely been known to make instrument clusters misbehave.
This :thumbup Car will start and run fine but check engine light and all sorts of other annoying messages come across the cluster, but heck what would I know about anything.

so the codes came back. that's why I cleared them again for the third time.

I drove before the third clearing... and the codes were gone.

then I cleared
then I drove again.

... now the codes are gone again.
figure a little rest of 1 hr or so and we'll see if they show up on simple ignition-turnon.

People spend mucho $$$ chasing codes see if the ign switch is fluxored.
is a the actual switch like a block

don't know where it is yet.

Pediatrician wants a full year. CDC and WHO both say 2 years.
probably better to try some combo of the above. but as they say what do I know . I do actually know it was tough on the mom.

light and all sorts of other annoying messages come across the cluster, but heck what would I know about anything.
but I can't diagnose this myself...

Had a bad door switch on my Golf once, it'd throw weird codes and the car alarm would randomly go off, which neighbors loved.

Cooled down to 81 inside last night, up to 82 now. The place gets heat soaked with weather like this and it'll be warm like this for a few more days even after the heat dips. Haven't given in to run the A/C yet because that thing murders my power bills.

It's currently 77 here. Probably a few more degrees in store for this afternoon but that's it. Fall is settling in. :love
It was in the 40s overnight and the heater ran early in the morning; (It's set to 60 for sleep time). It's a two outfit day: Sweats in the morning then shorts and a t shirt in the afternoon. :D

Had a bad door switch on my Golf once, it'd throw weird codes and the car alarm would randomly go off, which neighbors loved.

Cooled down to 81 inside last night, up to 82 now. The place gets heat soaked with weather like this and it'll be warm like this for a few more days even after the heat dips. Haven't given in to run the A/C yet because that thing murders my power bills.
Bummer you can't do an exhaust fan in an apartment due to your window design.

Froze after midnight last night even though 102 was our high.

It's going to be hot, damn hot.
6c688332-3dbd-4006-89e7-8fb72739c5f6_text.gif

It was in the 40s overnight and the heater ran early in the morning; (It's set to 60 for sleep time). It's a two outfit day: Sweats in the morning then shorts and a t shirt in the afternoon. :D
It's almost in the 40's overnight here too! Next week it will be for sure and go even lower! :love

what's with this text GIF guy?!?!? :loco

View attachment 566928

does it for like the 3N-th time ;)
Looks like your device couldn't load the gif image, I can see it on my laptop.

In other news, it's 82 inside today, but I should probably cook at home and take it easy today, off to Colorado for a long work weekend starting tomorrow.

HAye AE, what year and model is the VW?
haya. it's a 2016 T ig uan , I think the one you saw last time.

here's some codes (but unsure if they'recoming back)

25 Immobilizer

Trouble codes:
B104C29 - Key Implausible signal
Intermittent

2B Steering Column Lock
Trouble codes:
P189300 - Signal wire for gear display in selector lever Electrical error
Intermittent

44 Steering Assistance
Trouble codes:
01316 - Brake control module Please read DTC
static

01 Engine
Trouble codes:
U1017 - ABS brake control module Read out DTC
static

02 Transmission
Trouble codes:
01679 - Speed signal from ABS wheel sensor, front, left Please read DTC
static

03 Brakes

Trouble codes:
00283 - Left front ABS wheel speed sensor Electrical error in circuit
static
01325 - Tire Pressure Monitoring Control Module No signal/communication
static

05 Keyless System

Trouble codes:
B117313 - Access/start system antenna in luggage compartment Open circuit
Intermittent that one sure cracks me up!

15 Airbag

Trouble codes:
03551 - Function restriction of seat occupied recognition
static :wtf :wow

----

perfect day for being out actually, no?

yeah it's 84 inside here, too. The oldschool therm outside read 95 last I looked. The puprpleair TEMP reads 81 to 107 .. depends where you look.
;)

haya. it's a 2016 T ig uan , I think the one you saw last time.
Looked at those in 2019 when my wife got the CX5 turbo because it had memory seats as I drive it more than half the time as it's our family car and highway car.

My Miata with no a/c, no power steering is not up foe many jobs, especially in summer for her.

In fact she hasn't driven it in years.

what's with this text GIF guy?!?!? :loco

View attachment 566928

does it for like the 3N-th time ;)
Weird! It works for me!

How about the video instead? :twofinger

Looked at those in 2019 when my wife got the CX5 turbo because it had memory seats as I drive it more than half the time as it's our family car and highway car.

the car I have is not exactly something to boast.

but it's quite perfect for loading, family, roofrack, rear hitch-rack and other family needs. its dual "mild nature" -- goes slow with gentle pedal and has 200 hp if I'm flogging it, is also good for... she-driving. There's one more significant advantage that I think its better than the Mazda... available wide wheels.

the 2019 is a different Gen + a diff engine, I'm sure you realize, than what I have

the car I have is not exactly something to boast.

but it's quite perfect for loading, family, roofrack, rear hitch-rack and other family needs. its dual "mild nature" -- goes slow with gentle pedal and has 200 hp if I'm flogging it, is also good for... she-driving. There's one more significant advantage that I think its better than the Mazda... available wide wheels.

the 2019 is a different Gen + a diff engine, I'm sure you realize, than what I have
Sure but the Mazda has been flawless.

The wheel size on my wife's car is just fine.; 7" wide 19s. P225/55R19 tires.

Looks like your device couldn't load the gif image, I can see it on my laptop.

In other news, it's 82 inside today, but I should probably cook at home and take it easy today, off to Colorado for a long work weekend starting tomorrow.
Oh I will miss my drinking buddy this weekend. *cry*

Back