• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I'll be back for the meetup next week though. In the meantime, beer will be drank adjacent to a lake in between building stairs, so, that'll be fun.

I ate a bowl of pineapple chunks for lunch. That's it, just pineapple.

I dunno. I was just craving pineapple.

Ran an errand to get cat food as we are out of wet food and the cat was NOT PLEASED about that. Sweated through my shirt in a matter of minutes, it is quite warm out. If I didn't have to prepare for my trip tomorrow this'd be a good day for a ride to the coast.

The codes ar back .. :( three times clearing didn't stay off. Is it time to decide which mechanic to go to

I guess I can't bear "researching" and amateur replacing. On top OP of all it could be some connection to the immobilizer?!?

I do wonder if it's a loose ground or bad connection somewhere considering so many of those codes seem to be electrical circuit issues. Also, I hate electrical issues.

The codes ar back .. :( three times clearing didn't stay off. Is it time to decide which mechanic to go to

I guess I can't bear "researching" and amateur replacing. On top OP of all it could be some connection to the immobilizer?!?
Have you measured the battery voltage and alternator output? These cars can do weird stuff if voltage is too low. That would be easy to check.

Have you measured the battery voltage and alternator output? These cars can do weird stuff if voltage is too low. That would be easy to check.
okay I guess I can go and measure and research that.

but the obdeleven app which is my code-reader, already shows "green 🔋battery" icon meaning the voltage is okay. Also, the same gadget might show the alternator V anwyay!?!?

next / at the same time / was thinking of looking at the connections / 10mm-s to the battery. Simpley, I know :dunno

I ate a bowl of pineapple chunks for lunch. That's it, just pineapple.

I dunno. I was just craving pineapple.
I love pineapple. Seems like a damn fine choice. I had some spaghetti with homemade sauce. I am a damn good cook if I say so myself. :teeth

Also, check fuses, not that a simple blown fuse had me thinking my Ducati was gonna die or anything like that.

Found out you can rent parking from the Travelodge by SFO, $14 a day, which, for this short trip amounts to about the same cost as paying for transportation to and from the airport so, my laziness kicked in and booked parking there.

but the obdeleven app which is my code-reader, already shows "green 🔋battery" icon meaning the voltage is okay.
I had a Honda Ridgeline that would always test good on voltage but when we put a meter to the alternator, at a steady 1300 rpm, the output would pulse from 12.6 to 14.8v. It wasn't steady. Once I changed the alternator car was all good.

I love pineapple. Seems like a damn fine choice. I had some spaghetti with homemade sauce. I am a damn good cook if I say so myself. :teeth
Pineapple is probably my favorite fruit. Sometimes when my stomach is a little upset and I don't feel like eating solid food, I'll just toss some pineapple in the blender, maybe add some strawberries and blend it with orange juice. Basic smoothie but pretty tasty. I like to add oranges in there but it's always a crap shoot because some oranges are super pulpy and it ruins the smoothie.

Now I wish I made a smoothie instead.

There's a really good smoothie shop, Nektar, about 1/4 mile from my house. They're a little pricey but man they make some awesome smoothies. I'll go usually once a week. I'm generally not impressed with most smoothie shops like Juice it Up or Jamba Juice.

I've gotten smoothies from other locations that weren't as good. Not sure what they're doing at the one local to me to be different. Maybe they put crack in them as one of their 'boosters'.

I'll check for pulsing again but for now it seems okay

Battery voltage is 12.59 V off 13.91 V engine on...
always test good on voltage but when we put a meter to the alternator, at a steady 1300 rpm, the output would pulse from 12.6 to 14.8v. It wasn't steady.
I don't have a "Max" multimeter however

I double-checked, there is no pulsing..within 15 seconds at least I guess!

On a somewhat related note, another restaurant in that same town center closed. There's a lot of empty lots now. It's kinda surprising for a very upper middle class community.

Like, if you're in a strip mall and half the lots have 'for lease' signs up, you don't really think twice about it.

If I didn't already leave here and I was looking at cities to move to and I went to the main town center here and saw so many empty lots and empty buildings, I would think "what's up with that?"

Business is business but I'm kinda surprised the city doesn't do more to mediate between owners and leasers. Mainly because Aliso Viejo sells likes to maintain this allure as upper middle class, clean, and safe city. Which it is. But when your main town center with bars, movie theater, restaurants, retail, grocery store, etc has a ton of empty lots, it looks weird. Seems to be more of a recent problem because when I moved here, everything was full. No empty lots.

I was surprised when the ramen restaurant closed. It was always busy everytime I walked by it but I guess not busy enough.

Okay, let's get back to talking about motorcycles. Wait, we don't do that here.

Back