• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Project bike 919

What about theft? I'll just print a new one NBD

Attachments

• 20200923_221802~2.jpg
    20200923_221802~2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 31
Lol Awesome!

It could be that I just watched E.T. with the boys... but I'm getting a weird ET vibe.

Lol Awesome!

It could be that I just watched E.T. with the boys... but I'm getting a weird ET vibe.

mebbe, tho this Jewboi feelin strong adult Jeebus -
lovin yer print skillz, you may be my very best new barf friend!

RE: that red anodized shift shaft support -
never saw/heard about anything like that b4,
izzit 919-specific, or Honda-specific, or.....?

keep @ it, R3DS!X

lovin yer print skillz, you may be my very best new barf friend!

Aw you're only saying that because you have excellent taste.

The shift shaft support is something I had on another Honda, it's an aftermarket part that supposedly makes shift input better and puts less strain on the seal. Also it saves 1 kitten every 3000 miles. and it was only like 10 bux and adds to useless bling that no one will ever see.

So I'm not sure if this masking is straight on for the sticker stripe or how to make it straight.

zOLNoBI.jpg

So I'm not sure if this masking is straight on for the sticker stripe or how to make it straight.

zOLNoBI.jpg

start with much skinnier tape & then finish with wider -
use tension & eyeball, plus measurements along the way from fixed points

use much skinnier tape & tension -
Mark symmetric points along the way & eyeballs,
then apply your wider tape for coverage

TBL to the gauge pods and radiator sides
pKj6bvJ.jpg

So after getting some input from others and partially assisted by laziness i decided not to do the hard line stripe and keep it more free form and retain some of the original tank color.

Masking
TK1aTRZ.jpg

Results
f61iXHC.jpg

Pretty happy but the tank protector won't stick down in the back :/

any glue suggestions?
nzkir7A.jpg

heat gun to get it to lay down better, and then 3m double sided tape. there is one that's meant for sticking things to the outside of your house (street numbers etc) that is REALLY sticky and a little squishy i have had good luck with it. i used it to adhere washers to the plastic "tank" on my first buell so i could use a magnetic tank bag. worked a treat

Pretty happy but the tank protector won't stick down in the back :/

any glue suggestions?

I had good luck with liquid nails' silicone adhesive when I tried to attach my tank grips in a way too cold garage. No sign of peeling/detachment ~2 years later.

Loctite E-90FL (Epoxy w/ rubber additive) or Loctite E-120HP (harsh environment structural epoxy for dissimilar materials) would both be good candidates for permanent bonding if you wanted something more serious.

The heat gun part is the really important bit. Form it to shape as best you can with the gun before using any adhesive. (Heat it up, tape it down and let it cool... rinse and repeat)

OH MAI!

Wellity wellity wellity, look what the cat has in store!

Shock came in last night and I stayed up later than I should putting it in and buttoning some things up, but she followed me into work!
2IVplg5.jpg

WClA4Bd.jpg

w8SCJMb.jpg

I will fiddle with a few things and make sure no parts fall off but eventually I'll take some nicer "finished product shots" but in the meantime I consider this bike 95% done.

It had a bit of hesitation trying to climb higher RPM so ima keep an eye on that, not sure if it's old fuel, clogged injectors, bad ratio of seafoam(I think I put seafoam in the tank.) or what but it seemed to clear up after a bit of riding so maybe and Italian tune up is all it needs.

I gotta say it sounds pretty damn good. Nice deep I4 noises. I usually don't care for I4 noises (twins for the wins) but this sounds pretty damn good.

Been about a year and I purchased a power commander and have been too busy to install, might get to it this weekend. Might not. Still a lovely bike and riding it has been a blast!

Bump. This bish is now fa sale in the fa sale section

I loved my 599 when I owned it, I'm sure this thing is even more of a hoot. Thankfully I do not have room in my garage for another bike so I can't be tempted here.

Back