• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Project bike 919

I think if I just print them out from an inkjet printer the ink will run if I clear coat. Won't it?

I think if I just print them out from an inkjet printer the ink will run if I clear coat. Won't it?

That ink is not waterproof. If you want to send me the files I can print em for you on my laser. It would be fun to play around a bit with some ageing to give a bit more of that vintage look.

Your Barf handle would be a unique option for the caliper logo.

That ink is not waterproof. If you want to send me the files I can print em for you on my laser. It would be fun to play around a bit with some ageing to give a bit more of that vintage look.

Your Barf handle would be a unique option for the caliper logo.

good suggestions. i may take you up on your offer.

I eventually decided against patinig the calipers red because i didn't think whatever rattle can formula would withstand brake cleaner.

finished sticker bombing the tail. weather isn't good for a clear coating though.

Thinking about what to do with the tail. Maybe find a wide ladies belt and glue it over the tear? buy a seat cover for $150?
2fr5gdJ.jpg

WFkQJPB.jpg

l0JKDmW.jpg

Last edited:
finished sticker bombing the tail. weather isn't good for a clear coating though.

Thinking about what to do with the tail. Maybe find a wide ladies belt and glue it over the tear? buy a seat cover for $150?
2fr5gdJ.jpg

WFkQJPB.jpg

l0JKDmW.jpg

I must say - REALLY like the sticker bomb

Oh you're only saying that because you have excellent taste.

I had a D 50 Dodge Ram Mitsu. pickup, had "Dodge Ram" across the tailgate.
With some trimming and adding black electrical tape artistically applied, it read, "Don't Ram"

Best I saw was a slammed Mitsubishi truck
that said “MI U B HI” on the tailgate.

Sticker job is great. Black faux alligator belt to cover the rip.

Looks like that seat would be pretty easy to DIY recover.

Looks like that seat would be pretty easy to DIY recover.

Looked up the kits.
$150.

I'm already over budget on this bike. and if I can get a $10 belt to wrap around instead...

A trip to Michaels might find the appropriate seat fabric or tape to blend artistically with the painstaking work you’ve put into the tail piece.

Last edited:
Before:
l0JKDmW.jpg

4kcR61n.jpg

After:
4T0g3ow.jpg

I1S5qhA.jpg

OG45XyZ.jpg

f2yuoFb.jpg

srsly, looks great

“over budget”?
wutz dat?

Yeah, wife helped. Required 1 beer and moderate cursing.

Looks good!

And yeah... stretch and staple works on most shapes.

I've used spray glue and a hair dryer to get complex forms to not wrinkle (Don't spray the foam... spray the seat pan to stick the wrap around leather...then staple)

Was she cursing at you or the project :laughing

Back