• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

R.I.P. fellow barfer SERGEY VARAKSIN 07/30/2016

08gsxr600

Moto(s)
HD
Name
WILL
:rip SERGEY VARAKSIN--- close friends need help locating family for memorial service, only thing known is he is a barfer and parents in Russia but friends couldn't locate any info at all... Any info please PM me asap! ---

A 30-year-old man died when he lost control of a motorcycle Saturday morning on westbound state Highway 84, about three miles west of state Highway 35 near Woodside, the California Highway Patrol reported.

The man, a resident of San Francisco, was speeding west on Highway 84 on a 2009 Kawasaki when he failed to negotiate a left turn, CHP officials said. The crash was reported at 11:29 a.m.

The man was ejected from the bike, which slid off the road and down a 20-foot embankment into a tree. The man slid down the same embankment and hit a different tree where he died, according to CHP officials.

Westbound Highway 84 was closed for about 30 minutes, but the light traffic was affected little.

The crash is under investigation. Any witnesses to the collision are asked to call Officer Spencer Curteman at (650) 369-6261.

Last edited by a moderator:
so glad that this isn't the Sergey I know...:rip

RIP Sergey. I was riding on 35 that day around 12 or 1. I noticed a large police presence and thought for a second that there might've been a serious crash. I was hoping I was wrong. So sad. 84 is very easy to get carried away on and carry too much speed.

Try contacting the Russian embassy.

Don't know him so I can't help identify him.

Thank you for putting forth the effort to contact/help his family.

RIP Sergey!

Man. :cry

So sad to see this.

Godspeed Sergey :rose
So sad for his family and friends.

I am........

RIP Sergey :rip

Looks like he was into the outdoors as well as a nerdy side. I would probably have called him a friend had we met.

If they know an email we might be able to track it down.

He owned a ninja 300, white. Got it March 2014. Probably posted about it / bought from / with the advice of / someone here. Upgraded to the zx6r after about six months if I remember what Facebook said.

hicAkVp.png

Last edited:
I just messaged a bunch of his buddies from school and university. It's night time in Russia now but I think I'll probably get a reply a bit later, hopefully with parents' contacts.

He's from Novosibirsk, Russia.

OP, PM me the number of his friends so I can get them in touch with relatives if/when I get the info.

Back