• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

R.I.P. fellow barfer SERGEY VARAKSIN 07/30/2016

His mother called me this morning... This one really hits close to home. Guy is my age and I ride those roads a lot.

I have passed his mother's contact to the coroner and they will be in touch.

I can't imagine his Mother's pain. Your son gets a good education and goes of to America for work, then this happens.

I drove that road last week from Alice's out to Highway one. I stopped at a recycled wood sellers place to pickup some materials. Out of the blue, he mentioned how dangerous that road is and how there are many accidents. Then this. The attraction is clear and the speeds high. Please be careful out there.

As has been said before, this thread is really painful to follow.
Good on you Muzzo for everything you've done here.

Damn, i can feel it with the contact of his mother. Ride in peace young man :rose

This must have happened mere minutes after I rode through that section of 84... RIP fellow rider.

His mother called me this morning... This one really hits close to home. Guy is my age and I ride those roads a lot.

You're a very kind man. Thank you for helping find his mother... and taking on the terrible burden of telling her she has lost her son. I cannot imagine her grief... or the anguish of having to tell her.

RIP Sergey... :rose

That's rough to be the one who tells a stranger halfway round the world they lost their son. Be careful out there folks, I've almost ridden off 35 before, easy to miss a sweeper.

Very sad to hear. Hits very close to home as I am also an immigrant from Novosibirsk, Russia. His face looks vaguely familiar.
Peace to his family. Спи спокойно, брат.

Godspeed, Sergey. Never got to ride with you, but as others have said, you sound like the kind of person I'd of enjoyed knowing. :rose

mrzuzzo, much thanks. You're a good man and a kind soul. :thumbup

You're a very kind man. Thank you for helping find his mother... and taking on the terrible burden of telling her she has lost her son. I cannot imagine her grief... or the anguish of having to tell her.

RIP Sergey... :rose

A big +1

:rip

Thanks for your time and effort in making this happen Victor !!!

Spoke to jonny and he will be in touch with mom to figure out memorial which I will update as soon I know what's going to happen..

Thanks again barfers!

Wow, these posts do hurt... RIP to Rider and condolences to the family. Son.of.a.

Thanks for your time and effort in making this happen Victor !!!

Spoke to jonny and he will be in touch with mom to figure out memorial which I will update as soon I know what's going to happen..

Thanks again barfers!

Will, thank you for the updates.
If there's anything I/we can do to help out Sergey's Mom, please let us know... and please, pass our deepest condolences along to her.
I cannot imagine the grief of losing your child... and being halfway 'round the world from them when it happens...
This just breaks my heart.

I need to text my daughter...

rip young man, :rip Sergey from Russia. Thankyou mrZ it must have been very difficult to tell his mother and even more so for Sergs' mother to hear of the passing of her son 4 days after the accident?

Will, thank you for the updates.
If there's anything I/we can do to help out Sergey's Mom, please let us know... and please, pass our deepest condolences along to her.
I cannot imagine the grief of losing your child... and being halfway 'round the world from them when it happens...
This just breaks my heart.

I need to text my daughter...

Will do, thanks Connie...I'll update this thread after mom figures out everything with the coroner.

Back