bikeama

Super Moderator
Moto(s)
2020 BMW S1000XR Lowride.
Name
Bill Harr
BARF perks
AMA #: 1097
:rip Frame Maker. I was going to give my Icon Jacket to Frame Maker today. I just got a letter from his wife that he will not be her today. "Unfortunately, Julian died yesterday while dirtbike riding at Carnegie. " I have no other information.

RIP Julian

OMFG...:cry

:rip Julian

Settling a bit into this reality.

Julian was the guy who requested we start a bike build forum. Auntibling came up with the name Who Let the Smoke Out
He spent some time there doing his thing and sharing it with us.

His RZ350 re-frame... classic 2-stroke gets modern upgrade was the first thread started in the new subforum - Nov. of 2020.

In 2022 he layed this one down: Julian's 2022 Dirtbag Challeneg build!.

A passionate moto man. I am going to miss his presence greatly. :(

Condolences to his wife and friends. :rose

EDIT TO ADD Julian working. Thanks to Ken for the vid.
Sorry for your loss.

youtu.be/zSy-2PDfGhg

Last edited:
My God, how awful. I always enjoyed his posts of his fantastic building skills. Condolence to his family.

Great member of BARF.

Condolences to family and friends of Frame Maker.

Bill, I never met Julian but I did follow his posts. Sad news, indeed. He will be missed.

This can not be true.
I've ridden with him several times at Carnegie.
I am in shock.
This can not be true.

Oh no! While I had never met him I enjoyed his posts too. RIP Julian and condolences to your family and friends.

I am greatly saddened by his loss!
His talent, creativity, willingness to share and everything else good will be supremely missed.
My condolences to his wife, family, and everyone he touched.

Oh no!!!! Julian, very generous, when a young woman working for us had her EX500 die Julian was quick to offer an engine.
This is a shock and hits hard.

Condolences to his family and friends and to us in the barf community.

RIP Julian, you will be missed.

Wow, another valued member of our community gone. RIP

Oh bloody hell, that's absolutely awful. I didn't know him well, but Julian was such a talented bloke and extremely kind to boot. I stopped by his house a month or so back as he'd sorted me out a van full of RD parts that he wasn't planning on using. It was amazing to see some of the bikes that he'd built; unbelievable, inspiring work, both for design and execution. Thoughts with his fam and friends.

I'm gonna need more info.
I'm spinning.
This is so sudden.
I need to know what happened to my friend.

:rose Julian

I didn't know him very well, but I've read a ton of his posts over the years and he's a likeable guy. It stings when the longtimers pass on. Rest in peace.

I only knew him from his posts here onboard, but from that alone I could tell he was a thoughtful, intelligent and humble human being.

I’ve never met Julian, but I’m feeling his loss.

So sorry to hear this. Condolences to all who knew him and may his memory live on...

So sorry to hear. He will be missed, I loved his write ups and I’m sad I won’t get a chance to meet him face to face. RIP Julian.

Condolences to Laura and family. This is a devastating loss for all. What a genius and very generous person Julian Farnam. I will be lost without you my great friend. RIP Frame Maker.

Never met him but we are all less as a community without him.

I hope his friends and family find peace.

Back