• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

RIP Frame Maker

What a beautiful obituary. Wish I'd had the chance to meet him, he was a great inspiration for all of my projects, and I always enjoyed following his work.

May his memory be a blessing.

Great inspiration is right. I am just back from the Memorial and there were several stories that touched me.

Childhood friend when in 6th grade they discovered SuperGlue and glued Julian's (Jay's) shoes together.

A young engineer that Julian mentored sharing times where he held the "cube" sharing his wisdom. 4:30 on Fridays were inspiring to her.

Mr. Dave Stark did a wonderful job as the MC so to speak. :Port

Ken gave a touching talk with some video interjections. "Hi I am Frame Maker....Hi I am Frame Maker.... Hi I am Frame Maker". I could see Ken is still reeling about the loss of this friend. Hang in there.... Great job Ken. :applause

A couple of Julian's bikes greeted attendees. Most awesome bikes built with passion and skill.
:rip Frame Maker

Attachments

• Julian bike.jpg
    Julian bike.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • Julian bike2.jpg
    Julian bike2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
  • Julian bike3.jpg
    Julian bike3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • Julian other bike.jpg
    Julian other bike.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
That memorial was awesome. Inspirational. Moving. There were a few tears. He touched my life, and his friends that gathered today also did.

Well shoot, I didn't see ya'll. My heart got too heavy and I headed out around 11:45 or so.

+1 that @kpke did a great job with the videos, the speaking, and making sure @Frame Maker's bikes got shown off for his friends.

Thanks for the nice comments fellas. As these events go it was the best I've ever been to. I learned a lot about this very special and inspiring person listening to all the wonderful speakers. And after the main event talking to folks he worked with at various companies was awesome. We lost a great one here gosh dang it. I will post some memorial videos on YT soon. Again, condolences to Laura and the family.

i'm glad to hear it was a good celebration and bummed i couldn't be there. family responsibilities had to prevail

It was a great turnout, a big attendance, He will be missed.....

Here is the video that was looped during the reception portion of Julian's memorial service. I had to remove the Bossa Nova music due to YT copy write rules.

Pay close attention to the first 17 seconds which is a video. The rest is all photos and you will see some of Julian's wizardry and brilliance go from paper to real life working machine.

My kind of madman. :rose

Thanks Ken.

Thank you for putting this together Ken.

So awesome (photo montage of his body of work)
Such a loss

Everyone be sure to subscribe to Ken’s YouToob channel…

I've known Julian for 20 years. The most down to earth guy ever.. just a treat. Big loss. Gonna miss you my man!

Back