RIP Frame Maker

I keep trying to start making a tribute video for him but ATM I am unable to start it due to breaking down. My stomach hurts and I have tears and a lump in my throat that won't go away. I hurt for his wonderful wife and family. This shouldn't be real.

I feel the same way, Ken.
I am grateful for what I learned from him....especially after being towed by him through parts of Carnegie I never believed I could ride. He inspired confidence by being so good and so humble.at the very same time.
To be honest, Ken....after Julian's family, you were the first person I thought about. I know you guys were close. I hope it sooths you to know that you two will always be connected to each other on BARF.
You are in my thoughts.

Last edited:
I think Julian touched more BARFers, more profoundly, that any other. This is pretty crushing.

Last edited:
Rest In Peace, Julian. I will miss you incredibly much. Knowing you was an immeasurably positive addition to my life and I can't believe it was cut so short. Your contributions to the sport of motorcycling are impressive, breathtaking at their daring and awe-striking in their beauty. I was literally just about to talk to you about a project I thought your expertise could add value to- but time has run out.

Your family and friends are in my thoughts and heart. Much love, Frame Maker, much love.

I am so sad for his family and friends. I talked with him a few weeks ago. He was going to help me again on one of my projects. He was always ready to help me or give me advice. He will be missed by all who knew him! My prayers are with his family and friends. God speed frame maker

RIP Frame Maker. I don't think I've ever met him IRL but I've seen his posts often on BARF.

I've read his posts on barf. He always seemed kind and helpful to others. He will be missed. :rip Frame Maker!

wow. this is suck. Julian was a motivating factor to cutting up my failed dirtbag bike for the last, final, dirtbag attempt. i definitely have to finish it now.

RIP Julian.

Julian will be missed by many here. A staple BARFer with a special talent unique to the forum.

Forge in peace, Julian.

I'm thinking we need to get together at Carnegie for a "Julian Day"
He spent so much time there, right up to the end.
It seems like a very fitting send-off.
Just a thought. :rose

Damn, I rarely look into general and just happened to see this news. How devastating for his family and friends :(

He seemed like a very interesting dude. RIP :rose

Oh my. I’m so sorry to hear this

I met Julian a couple of times and we even swapped ex/ninja 500 parts on a project I had a few years back. He was a wealth of knowledge and fabrication skills and general MC enthusiasm.

He will be missed a great deal by a very broad spectrum of folks.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Wow this is a huge bummer! :rip Frame Maker Condolence to his family and friends. :rose

A loss to our community. A loss to the world. Art that will not happen. Sniff.

Hey Barf - you guys connected me to Julian a couple months ago when I posted asking for a fabricator for my '56 R26 project. He and I hit it off quickly and had a couple lunches together and worked at his shop in Livermore in creating a temp sub-frame (he was very thorough:). We also managed to design and have fabbed brackets for what will be the final subframe (which he designed in CAD/Solidworks). I really enjoyed meeting him and working with him for the short period that I did - what an amazing guy and talent... Then I heard the devastating news and was crushed - felt so bad for his family and those who loved him (there are a lot!) Julian's amazing wife put me in touch with his Friend David who graciously helped get the bike back to SF - some incredible good folk those two.

So the bike is back in SF. David and I are starting to look for someone to take up where Julian left off and see this thing through (we know Julian would want it that way). If anyone knows anyone like Julian (ha) please let me know. This is just a project for fun, which is exactly why Julian was so perfect for it. Anyway, here are some pics - including one of Julian at work when we were together last... All the best to you and those who loved him - Pete

Attachments

• julian_at_work.JPG
    julian_at_work.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 21
  • R26 sub-frame.jpg
    R26 sub-frame.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 21
  • R26 subframe brackets.JPG
    R26 subframe brackets.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
  • r26 temp subframe.jpg
    r26 temp subframe.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 18
  • r26_leveled out.jpeg
    r26_leveled out.jpeg
    668.3 KB · Views: 20
those pix really capture his spirit. thanks for the post

RIP. Loved following his RZ350 build.

Found his obituary. Looks like there will be a memorial for him on the 22nd of June.

Back