• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Saw two idiots, YES both ARE idiots IMO! I'm sure most of us have seen it or experienced it?

Then there are the assholes who speed up to prevent you from getting back into the fast lane when approaching a slower vehicle after you've shown the courtesy of shifting over a lane when there aren't vehicles in the 2nd lane.
You've touched on something I've become increasingly aware of.
I'm sad to say I'm no longer the courteous rider/driver I used to be.
Not by design, I've been forced into this condition.
Turn signals used to be an asset. That's no longer the case.
I now view turn signals as a weakness. The moment I show intent, that's too often the cue for the driver I'm trying to communicate with to close the gap.
Just another affirmation of the loss of civility in our society. It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
I've always believed in the notion that the way people treat each other on the road is a pretty accurate reflection of how people treat each other in the rest of society.
Call me unimpressed.
 
Agreed on turn signals, I only show them to indicate that, yes, I'm moving into that lane and it wasn't just me having trouble staying within the bounds of my lane.

I found that the close the gap shit is much more of a Bay Area phenomenon than in Fresno. There is a lot more courtesy down here among drivers.
 
I've found a happy middle-ground on the highway; I always signal to move right, (almost) never to move left.

Also, there is a profound difference in how "courteous" people are of lane changes when I'm driving a car vs my 1/2-ton truck. In a car, it feels like other drivers see (signaled) lane changes as a request, from a subclass driver, that should be denied. In my truck, it's usually only bigger trucks that act that way, it feels like SUVs and Cars see full size trucks as the (alpha? apex?) road-predators, drivers are generally more.... neutral, rather than aggressively moving to block my ability to lane-change. Further, and overall, there are MUCH fewer road-ragey actions towards me in the truck vs a car... :unsure:

It's sad, but the above considerations are a not-insignificant factor into my decision tree for my next vehicle. I want to get a vehicle that's; smaller, more fuel efficient, easier to park, and more fun to drive.... but I like the visibility that truck height provide and the presence it creates to other drivers.
 
When we had a polite society, we collaborated as drivers and it made driving smoother and less contentious.

Now we have an impolite, take everything you can no matter the cost to others society, and it makes driving like going to war with other drivers.

I still drive very courteously but it means I'm getting f'ed over at every turn. I've learned to watch my mirrors and close any gaps that others might exploit, and also as @cg_ops indicated, not to signal my left lane changes until they've already begun. It's more rude but keeps the selfishness of other drivers from impacting my desired rate of travel. It's astounding how little sense of self preservation some folks have, flying up in the right lane and cutting into my safe following distance at 75mph on I-5, while I'm driving a 10k lb truck with a 500lb welded steel bumper.
 
Scenario where a vehicle is following one lane over/ same speed but back a bit: I’ll turn on my turn signal indicating and wanting to pull-over into-that lane, the following vehicle speed up.
Me in the following situation, I would lift the throttle for a second let the person move over
 
Then there are the assholes who speed up to prevent you from getting back into the fast lane when approaching a slower vehicle after you've shown the courtesy of shifting over a lane when there aren't vehicles in the 2nd lane.

I just pull into the fast lane and fuck them, they can hit their brakes because they proved to be assholes. People are so clueless on the freeways.
fucking eh but can't do that when wife is in the car but when she isn't fuck those fuckers and cut them off.
 
There are three of us.

EDIT: I-5 south of where 580 comes is feels like it is backwards. ALL passing in done in the right lane, sometimes I feel I should move to my left to let faster drivers go by. :dunno

I know what you mean. After Lathrop, and the 120 exit to Manteca, you hit that area like a couple of miles later. That 580 stretch through Tracy used to be just two lanes on each side for years until they added another lane to it about 15 years ago??
 
Make that five.
But....this also reminds me of a stupid joke from one of my clients:

A CHP officer came across traffic backing up behind a slow moving car on Hwy 37. He pulled the vehicle over, half expecting to find someone DUI.
In the car were 4 little old ladies in their late 80's or early 90's. He noticed the three passengers were frozen in fear, trembling and having a difficult time getting their words out as they were still hyperventilating from panic. What confused the officer was how calm and collected the driver was in addition to being puzzled about why she'd been pulled over.
He asked her: "Can you tell me why you were driving so slowly?"
She replied: "I was merely going the posted speed limit of 37.....I just passed the sign a few miles ago."
The officer understood the looks on the passenger's faces when he realized they'd just come from Hwy 101.
Keep 'em off 280, mkay?
 
Do the five of you also cut over closer than necessary when you pass me in the slow lane?
Do those highway monitors in the fast lane also refuse to return their shopping carts?
 
Do the five of you also cut over closer than necessary when you pass me in the slow lane?
Do those highway monitors in the fast lane also refuse to return their shopping carts?
Wait, are you saying you camp in the left lane? When there's room to move over and someone's behind you?
What's a highway monitor?
 
Do the five of you also cut over closer than necessary when you pass me in the slow lane?
Do those highway monitors in the fast lane also refuse to return their shopping carts?
I'll totally leave you alone if you throw the anchor out in any lane but the fast lane.
If you're plugging that lane up, you can bet you're gonna get some "ear music" and a close pass. Sorry.
 
I do not monitor speeders in the fast lane by going the speed limit. Generally I’m no longer in a hurry car wise so hang in the right lane except when it’s become obvious an on ramp merger was born without the merge gene.
I’ve noticed the close pass and wanted to confirm that it’s toxic masculinity hiding behind sheet metal. 😜
 
I do not monitor speeders in the fast lane by going the speed limit. Generally I’m no longer in a hurry car wise so hang in the right lane except when it’s become obvious an on ramp merger was born without the merge gene.
I’ve noticed the close pass and wanted to confirm that it’s toxic masculinity hiding behind sheet metal. 😜

Erm, that would be "toxic communication of your flouting the rules of the road"- has nothing to do with being male.
 
I’ve noticed the close pass and wanted to confirm that it’s toxic masculinity hiding behind sheet metal. 😜
I'm not sure I'd use the convenient over-arcing generality of Toxic Masculinity as I witness plenty of women flexing their masculinity too.
I see it more a case of matching rudeness with rudeness.
I also find myself curious about what you think I'm riding that has "Sheet Metal" to hide behind? :laughing
 
I perceived the majority of the thread responses to be driving rather than riding. The close pass on a motorcycle when I’m driving I have no issues with as I suspect little or no harm to me, a car might be different.

Generally I’m no longer in a hurry car wise so hang in the right lane except when it’s become obvious an on ramp merger was born without the merge gene.
Erm, that would be "toxic communication of your flouting the rules of the road"- has nothing to do with being male.
Would not “hang in the right lane except “ generally speaking contribute to traffic flow rather than rudeness? Conjecture on moving over for cars merging could be a worse case scenario if i didn’t use mirrors or that stalk coming out of the steering column.
Some threads aren’t like multiple choice where your first thought is likely The one to disagree with.
 
I perceived the majority of the thread responses to be driving rather than riding. The close pass on a motorcycle when I’m driving I have no issues with as I suspect little or no harm to me, a car might be different.



Would not “hang in the right lane except “ generally speaking contribute to traffic flow rather than rudeness? Conjecture on moving over for cars merging could be a worse case scenario if i didn’t use mirrors or that stalk coming out of the steering column.
Some threads aren’t like multiple choice where your first thought is likely The one to disagree with.
1744854144062.png
 
It's the drivers in Honda Accords, All Nissans, etc. who're the ones to ride a bumper in the fast lane when the line's several vehicles deep and already doing 80. It's great to trap them with the car to the right and either let cars in from the right and then close the hole when they make a run for it, or do the ol' "fake reading phone and weave into their attempted passing on the right. Passive-aggressive doesn't begin to explain the rules for managing those cucks.

Note: it's far safer to park your bumper 6" off the offender in front of you instead of being 3 feet back....impact will be far less @ 6", cause very few have good enough reaction timing, nor prescience. At least that's the theory...
 
It's the drivers in Honda Accords, All Nissans, etc. who're the ones to ride a bumper in the fast lane when the line's several vehicles deep and already doing 80.
It's general statements like this this get you in trouble here over and over.
What if someone said something about "All Yamaha Riders"?
Stupid statement is stupid.
 
Out here, it's truth. Everyone knows what ones are going to be hella aggressive.

"All yamaha riders". Who cares if someone has an issue with Yamaha riders? I don't. It's general statements like this this that make you hyper sensitive.
 
Back
Top