• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Secret Roads

Narrow.JPG

Motard Road

2 of my weekday secrets
1st
340616962.jpg

2nd
340612197.jpg

And right between them
340612436.jpg

Here's one of my more secluded roads. Lots of wild life on this road, and a couple of zero-gravity humps to lift the front, back, or both. Gotta put up with a few miles of gravel and first gear, blind turns to get there, but it's totally abandoned. Not even bicycles.

IMG_1448.jpg

Pop Quiz for you two, gents. Which is the correct answer?

A) Get a room
B) meet by the swingset at 3 pm
C) take it to PM's

(Hint: any one of those three is acceptable.)

You'll note that taking pot shots at one another here is not one of your options.

Narrow.JPG

Motard Road

I thought I knew which road this was until I read the file name and found out I was mistaken. :rolleyes Oh well, it's a great one. :thumbup I was thinking it was Ida Clayton. :dunno

Pop Quiz for you two, gents. Which is the correct answer?

A) Get a room
B) meet by the swingset at 3 pm
C) take it to PM's

(Hint: any one of those three is acceptable.)

You'll note that taking pot shots at one another here is not one of your options.

I considered it friendly ribbing, the butthurt report is actually pretty funny, I'm going to have to save that one for a rainy day! I'm so incredibly sorry that our lighthearted jabs offend you, thank you for policing this thread, things are so much better now. :teeth

I think a good piece of road is the same way. I don't do a lot of pleasure riding, but when I do I don't want to share the road with one-hundred squids and the Police they inevitably bring with them. This is not to say that I wouldn't gladly share good road tips with most of my BARF brethren, just that I would never post a route on a public forum.

My solution is to find the best roads near where I live, and make them part of my commute... Even if it means heading north to go to a job located south of my apartment.

When I lived in Boulder Creek, I would commute Highway 9, Highway 1, and Skyline every day. My employer even compensated for travel time, covering the cost of gas and tires. At 9AM on a weekday, it was rare to see another car on 9, let alone a motorcyclist or a police officer.

So, I don't look for unusual places to ride, I look for unusual times.

So, I don't look for unusual places to ride, I look for unusual times.

i don't miss the 1.75 hr 1-way commute but i miss my home on Endor (just off of Bear Creek, about 4 miles from Round Table).

you speak the truth about traveling during off-peak hours.

i don't miss the 1.75 hr 1-way commute but i miss my home on Endor (just off of Bear Creek, about 4 miles from Round Table).

you speak the truth about traveling during off-peak hours.

I did my share of riding there as well. Despite what some might think, Bear Creek Road is a great ride.

I admit, that I've done my share of butt clenching, watching other riders on the section of bear creek that doubles as part of highway 35...

I thought I knew which road this was until I read the file name and found out I was mistaken. :rolleyes Oh well, it's a great one. :thumbup I was thinking it was Ida Clayton. :dunno

It's actually a ranch road heading north off Ft. Ross, you used to be able to ride thru to Kings Ridge but it's gated in multiple places now.

this thread is hella old. i saw an old post of mine and was like WTF was i thinking when i said that... back in 06 of course...

Back