• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Secret Roads

Glendora Ridge Rd. (Near LA-LA)

Attachments

• DSCN5208.jpg
    DSCN5208.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 32
I'm guessing that it's been a while since you've been to Bend. I'll let your critique of Bend stand knowing as I do the reality of what a unique place it's become.

(Hint - if you or anyone you know ever needs neurosurgery - Bend is THE place.)

McKenzie Pass is an absolute gas both up and down. I've done it in daylight, and at night. Night is spooky but as long as Bambi stays away it's a hoot.

Aufderheide Memorial Parkway is better. 75 miles from end to end and no intersections other than the rare camp-ground. :party

Head NE and ride Shaniko / Antelope Rds for a fantastic hours long experience with countless twisties hurling towards you and not a LEO to be seen.

Keep in mind, if you do go ride in Oregon - cell phone coverage is limited to about 10% of the state. There are huge areas where if you biff - you may not be found. Ever. :wtf

On that happy note...

Cheers! :ride
Summertime only too. I spent a lot of time in Klamath Falls in my youth (grampa lived there), and 20ft. tall snow drifts on the side of the road made it a bit tough for riders...:ride

It's ALIVE! What a pleasant surprise to find this old thread back.

I'm going to jump on the 'Spot' for free with paid service deal.

I haven't had much time to ride recently, though I did do a run down to Roseburg via noting but back roads on Monday last.

Coming home I hit Tyee Access off 138, up and over the ridge and down into Oakland (Oregon) on gnarly goat trails. Ohhhh yah! :thumbup

Then hit South Fork Siuslaw River Rd to Gunter, followed by a bit of goaty FS road and the Lorane Hwy to home. All in all - a nice afternoon of Tiger Time.

i have mine :teeth

2743515-img0460.jpg
2743511-img0458.jpg

One of the offshoot roads -- off Uvas Road -- in southern Santa Clara County?

You really need some quality pussy.

Piss off minion goon. :twofinger

P.S.- Wacky Iranian must have some furry nuts to reply to me.

Jihad!!!! you little mother fucker. :laughing

Name calling is a violation of the TOS, and has earned you a suspension.

Last edited:
One of the offshoot roads -- off Uvas Road -- in southern Santa Clara County?

Yeah!!

I went up it for the first time in years just a couple weeks ago...no wonder it looked so familiar.

It turns to dirt up a little ways past that.

Name calling is a violation of the TOS.

Knock it off.
Already reported it.

Looks like the original 7-day suspension didn't teach him anything about being relatively polite.

He can't help it, he's a :loser

Perhaps a 14 day will send the message.

If not, a 21 rip is in his future.

Yeah!!

I went up it for the first time in years just a couple weeks ago...no wonder it looked so familiar.

It turns to dirt up a little ways past that.

Yeah, that's the one I'm thinking of as well. It dead-ends to a private gated road, where there's an area to turn around. :cool

some of mine:cool

Attachments

• vacationfirst 161.jpg
    vacationfirst 161.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 24
  • vacationtomales 018.jpg
    vacationtomales 018.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 24
  • calaveras020309 025.jpg
    calaveras020309 025.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 9-9-08 gurnvilleto1 021.jpg
    9-9-08 gurnvilleto1 021.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 24
  • umumhuml122308 037.jpg
    umumhuml122308 037.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 24
awesome zing!

DO NOT SHARE SECRET ROADS WITH PEOPLE I DON"T KNOW

Morgan Territory Road. It seems unnecessary to conceal it's name!

Nice thing about that road is that after most people ride it once they never come back due to the gravel strewn across every corner, the ruts and giant pot holes, or the F350's that refuse to move over and willingly shove you into the dirt on the 1.24 lane road. I like it b/c it's close to home for me and have been riding it for about 18 years but lately I've had some close calls with cars and trucks playing 'hogs of the road' and that has taken the bloom off the rose a bit for me. Riding during the week in the middle of the day only makes it worse because people seem convinced there couldn't possibly be another car or motorcycle coming the opposite direction around that blind turn.

attachment.php

Tell you friend to enjoy his skin graft when he goes down.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a gear nazi and I suck. :laughing

Back