• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Secret Roads

i have mine :teeth

2743515-img0460.jpg
2743511-img0458.jpg

will i get in trouble if i guess correctly?

i think it's Be.Cr.Rd. heading into, or out of, Bo.Cr. (the round table there is the most popular restaurant).

or i could just be wrong and all my attempts at secrecy unnecessary. :cool

The 2 pics that the OP posted are not really alluring to me. If you're gonna brag about your "secret road", then at least post some pics that are worth drooling over!

Isn't this like posting a pic of a fistful of hundreds and saying, "Haha you can't have any, nah nah nah nah na-na!"

Bend is a miserable, bassackwards kind of place, but Portland has some very nice parts, that's cool.

I do keep wondering how the McKenzie pass would be on a motorcycle!

i'm thinking northeast, near alberta, is where i'll wind up. and, yes, bend was too small for me. great mountain biking, but no anonymity, so i bolted. as far as mckenzie goes, i'll keep you posted. :)

One of mine:

Attachments

• Mendocino 13-14AUG 065.jpg
    Mendocino 13-14AUG 065.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Mendocino 13-14AUG 066.jpg
    Mendocino 13-14AUG 066.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 33
I guess the word is already out on this one, eh?

Attachments

• hwy9autou.jpg
    hwy9autou.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 25
damn, lotta nice roads. i really needa start finding some new ones myself, same old over and over getting old

this has to be one of the gayest & lamest threads ever...if I don't want to let the word out in order to not 'spoil' a favorite spot or spots, I'm not going to post pics of the spot to say "na-na-na-na-na" "you can't go here".... f'n:losers

I'm not counting the 170mph straits past the farm and school and before (censored).

If it's the road I think it is, I got a ticket out there. On a weekday.

it's a state highway, the closer end is 225 miles from SF according to google maps.

And it goes right by a race track often used for motorcycle track days (on the east end).

And it goes right by a race track often used for motorcycle track days (on the east end).

Yup. Got a ticket there. A BMW passed me on the flats at around 130, so I tailed it westbound to "play" with it in the twisties. Eventually passed it, only to come across a cop coming the other direction.

Bend is a miserable, bassackwards kind of place, but Portland has some very nice parts, that's cool.

I do keep wondering how the McKenzie pass would be on a motorcycle!

I'm guessing that it's been a while since you've been to Bend. I'll let your critique of Bend stand knowing as I do the reality of what a unique place it's become.

(Hint - if you or anyone you know ever needs neurosurgery - Bend is THE place.)

McKenzie Pass is an absolute gas both up and down. I've done it in daylight, and at night. Night is spooky but as long as Bambi stays away it's a hoot.

Aufderheide Memorial Parkway is better. 75 miles from end to end and no intersections other than the rare camp-ground. :party

Head NE and ride Shaniko / Antelope Rds for a fantastic hours long experience with countless twisties hurling towards you and not a LEO to be seen.

Keep in mind, if you do go ride in Oregon - cell phone coverage is limited to about 10% of the state. There are huge areas where if you biff - you may not be found. Ever. :wtf

On that happy note...

Cheers! :ride

Bend is a great jumping-off point for a TON of great rides. I can't wait to get another opportunity to hit the roads out that way again.

Morgan Territory Road. It seems unnecessary to conceal it's name!

Keep in mind, if you do go ride in Oregon - cell phone coverage is limited to about 10% of the state. There are huge areas where if you biff - you may not be found. Ever. :wtf
There are solutions to that problem.

http://www.findmespot.com/

I've been using one for a couple months now and have been pleased so far. I haven't needed to use it for emergencies, but the tracking and "I'm OK" messages have been working well.

There's a thread on it here:

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214062

I'm guessing that it's been a while since you've been to Bend. I'll let your critique of Bend stand knowing as I do the reality of what a unique place it's become.
My family has been there since 1911. I spent 25 years there. Last time I was there was a couple months ago. The influx of golf-happy yuppies has not improved it any-- okay, sure, there's good doctors. BECAUSE THEY LOVE GOLF. Not that doctors mean squat for the tens of thousands of working class residents who can't even afford the HOUSING, much less HEALTH INSURANCE. Although, I'll grant ya, McMenamins is pretty darn cool, too bad they only put it in just as I was leaving.

McKenzie Pass is an absolute gas both up and down. I've done it in daylight, and at night. Night is spooky but as long as Bambi stays away it's a hoot.
I figured. Coool. :cool It might be a little too heavy on traffic to be really entertaining, at least from what I remember.

Back