• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Share your Personal Photography Pictures. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

Imgur let's you post anything up to 1mb without touching the image, which is plenty enough for 1400x443. Snapped this little fella this afternoon...

nhc6tgW.jpg

I bet it was a dslr with a zoom lens with the aperture open all the way up.

The dslr part is easy also the wide open aperture as the DOF is is very shallow - I've been very close to some humming birds with the camera so a zoom isn't a necessary lens in this case. So I was wondering what he used for this shot and the settings would be interesting to know (for me anyway :teeth )

Camping at 9100 feet on Bodie Masonic road. 15 sec exposure.

Attachments

• bodie1.jpg
    bodie1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 88
^^^Nice one, Bill.

byke :thumbup
Awesome - I've got to ask (hope you don't mind) What camera/lens and settings did you use?

That would be a solid guess...however! This was with a dslr and a prime lens one stop from open. Nikon D800E with 300/2.8 @ f/4. ISO 1000 and 1/1600 shutter in aperture priority. These little guys aren't used to me being close by, so they're a little flighty. I took it from inside the house with the screen removed. Nothing special about gear required for something like this though. An original rebel and a magic drainpipe would fare just as well.

That would be a solid guess...however! This was with a dslr and a prime lens one stop from open. Nikon D800E with 300/2.8 @ f/4. ISO 1000 and 1/1600 shutter in aperture priority. These little guys aren't used to me being close by, so they're a little flighty. I took it from inside the house with the screen removed. Nothing special about gear required for something like this though. An original rebel and a magic drainpipe would fare just as well.

Thanks for the info - most appreciated :teeth

As far as the Rebel goes - yup got that (a T3i for an x-Mas gift) now the magic drain pipe I don't have so that might take some doing to acquire :laughing

I've had one of the humming birds that frequents the back yard land on my shoulder while filling the feeder. Tough to get a shot when the cameras not within reach :)

nice shots. I love how the sunsets start to get this time of year.

I have scouted a few spots that I would like to hit at night for some photos. hopefully I can do that soon and show some photos. Not sure how well they will turn out with the lenses I have but we will see.

any tips on shooting at night? looking to shoot a mountain/sky landscape style shot

You guys are really amazing. I was playing with the iphone camera and got this one.

14898613245_e9d924679e_z.jpg

Thanks for the info - most appreciated :teeth

As far as the Rebel goes - yup got that (a T3i for an x-Mas gift) now the magic drain pipe I don't have so that might take some doing to acquire :laughing

I've had one of the humming birds that frequents the back yard land on my shoulder while filling the feeder. Tough to get a shot when the cameras not within reach :)

Ha, that's awesome! Some get used to people, but mine are flighty. I remember stopping at the Georgetown OHV ranger station and there were twenty buzzing around with no concern for humans. I wish the ones here were like that.

Very nice JD! Damn trash can ruining your perfect balance on the perspective:mad

Nothing a little time in PS couldn't fix. :p

Great shot and processing, JD. :thumbup

Thanks guys!
nice shots. I love how the sunsets start to get this time of year.

I have scouted a few spots that I would like to hit at night for some photos. hopefully I can do that soon and show some photos. Not sure how well they will turn out with the lenses I have but we will see.

any tips on shooting at night? looking to shoot a mountain/sky landscape style shot

I been wanting to do some night photography also since I am lacking in that field. Only thing I can tip is a tripod and remote cord to reduce vibration... Should do it soon since it's a full moon.

Some pics from this weekend, taken on my Nexus 5 and processed in PS. I was going for a vintage feel for the old cars.

6fGvSi.jpg

1CtgDp.jpg

PZdDub.jpg

5dqBVF.jpg

3McC37.jpg

8ngQD6.jpg

CbDWPB.jpg

MCwVHy.jpg

CA6CJS.jpg

Apparently this bike is gonna be sold for $185,000 :wtf .

Last edited:
Kitteh!!! :love

Zombiland more iphone

14875742456_fa87c465ae_b.jpg

Back