• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Share your Personal Photography Pictures. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

E463107B-3C89-4D8D-ADC0-34C89C262735_zps8slarr4b.jpg

That one was in Valley of Fire, Nevada. Not much traffic so I played around with the camera. I had the strap around my next so I wouldn't drop it, but basically give it some gas, pull in the clutch with the left hand and coast while you take a photo. There was zero traffic out there so I felt safe.

I did this one in Grand Canyon National Park.

TheRide-125-X2.jpg

There was no helmet law, and the speeds were below 25mph so I said WTH.:twofinger:ride:p

^^^Very nice. South shore? Tallac on the left by the cairn and Rose just out of sight on the right?

You are right that I am facing South shore and standing in North shore at Kings Beach.

Oops, sounds like I was 180 out! I guess that must be Heavenly on the left and Tallac just out of the image on the right. Have you been to Chimney Beach? That whole area over there offers some great rocky shoreline, big boulders. Would be fun to take some winter pics over there when they get some snow.

thx JD, likewise..

Bokeh - all a characteristic of the lens, correct? I'd never really thought of it this way (for off focus objects), but what makes a good/bad lens? Where I guess good is defined as the bokeh being circular(ish)??

Various aspects make a good lens; sharpness, contrast, micro-contrast, resistance to flare, bokeh, etc. Bokeh is probably the most subjective. Most people like to see backgrounds as smooth as possible without appearing hazy/dreamy, but like I said, subjective. Some people even like mirror lens doughnut bokeh, but most would agree it's awful.

Oops, sounds like I was 180 out! I guess that must be Heavenly on the left and Tallac just out of the image on the right. Have you been to Chimney Beach? That whole area over there offers some great rocky shoreline, big boulders. Would be fun to take some winter pics over there when they get some snow.
No, I have not. I check it out next time I am up there. I been to Sand Harbor beach where there is bunch of big boulders sitting in the lake and the Bonsai Rock isn't far from there also.

thx JD, likewise..

Bokeh - all a characteristic of the lens, correct? I'd never really thought of it this way (for off focus objects), but what makes a good/bad lens? Where I guess good is defined as the bokeh being circular(ish)??
Like Byke said, most people like smooth bokeh and the lens that best delivers that is the 85mm prime. Nickname "The Cream Machine". It's the next lens on my list to get. Bokeh isn't always great, I was watching "Killing them softly" the other day and the lens they use in that movie created horrific bokeh where it was hurting my eyes.

Mount Diablo, 12/7/2014.
The Beacon tower isn't quite in line of sight so the flare of the beacon is sorta visible on the top right. Enjoying playing around with this long exposure stuff :)

The long exposure shots might well have caught zee barfers on the ride down. :ride

15946999196_9d1c0bb2cb_h.jpg

15972075932_94f05153ec_h.jpg

15972647015_3065ce6bc9_h.jpg

Back