• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Share your Personal Photography Pictures. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

For all you awesome photographers, Google just made its Nik Collection free to everyone! PC & Mac versions available!

The A6000 kit lens sucks and the interface sucks. Image quality is good(when matched with reasonable lens.)
The LX100 would make an awesome fixed-lens camera. :thumbup

That kit lens is really quite decent in IQ, not the most robust lens though. Yeah, that interface. It's all tough after using Canon for years.
Been reading more on the LX100 and was pretty well sold until I found this:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/842933-REG/Olympus_V204041BU000_OM_D_E_M5_Micro_Four.html
That's a helluva deal, might be too tough to pass up...

I'll jump in here on this one as I've gone through many a camera over the years. I'll preface that over the past 3 years I've gone from the Canon 6D to the Fuji X100T, to my current setup of the Sony A6000 for my personal setup. (note: I went from being a Canon shooter since 1999, to a Sony shooter as of 2014)

At work we've tried everything from the Panasonic GH4, to the Sony RX100, 5D II, 5D III, A7R to finally the Sony A7R II and Canon 5D SR as the current rigs we use... I've played with a few cameras...

So with that said, you're going to have a hard time beating the image quality and range that the A6000 provides. My personal opinion is that the RX100 is an amazing pocket camera and easy to recommend to anyone if they can afford the price tag, but the 1" sensor is no match for the A6000's APSC sensor.

The Fuji X-Tran sensor provides amazing color, but it has issues in low light.

The Sony RX10 II and the RX100 IV both share the same sensor, but for some reason the 10 II has slightly worse image quality.

I can't really think of a good step up from the A6000, except for possibly the A6300... maybe you just need a better lens setup? either that or you might need to move to a full frame DSLR or mirrorless system (A7 II?)...

Also, I've shot micro-4/3's, and while it was cool years ago with the tiny body, and tiny lens, with high mega pixels... I can't do it anymore, the range isn't there.

Last edited:
He's just saying the kit lens sucks, but I thought it was pretty good. I like the rx100 ii just because it has a shoe and sometimes I like to tinker around with triggers. I've had Canon for years, mid-range bodies up the the 50D and all three 5D's, then into 1D's for motorbikes. Just sold my mk3 and will pick up a mk4, hopefully before Hantown. Had lotsa lenses from the nifty fifty to 300/2,8, even an old fd 800/5,6 that I converted to ef. Had a d800e in there for a little bit too. Anyway, this is why I relate to the dual sport thing, can't do 4/3 *only*, you'll miss the quality from the bigger sensors eventually. I'll go rx100 for rides and hikes and stuff, fz1000 for 4k or for when I want something more involved than the rx100, but don't feel like carrying a 1d tank, and then 1d4 for dirty stuff. There's just no single system that satisfies.

I never posted here. Some of last year shots:

11048647_10206130439641084_4804051859009847382_o.jpg

10537971_10204407967980369_1863608051565111416_o.jpg

tumblr_nb5suxgyE51tuj822o1_1280.jpg

I used to shot on canon (1Ds/5dm2) but I went to Fuji recently :).

So with that said, you're going to have a hard time beating the image quality and range that the A6000 provides.

He's just saying the kit lens sucks, but I thought it was pretty good.

The A6000 has a Sony sensor, of course the image quality and DR it has is hard to beat ! :)

Maybe my 16-50 that came with the A6000 was just a turd... but I found it seriously lacking. The interface also stunk, and those two items just made me anxious with the purchase, hence it was returned.

Of course, my Olympus OM-D interface is only moderately better than the Sonys... :rofl

Go Go Nikon

Just a bunch of mountain biking pictures from here in AZ. All taken with my EOS-M

Near the top of Mt. Lemmon... multi image stitch
IMG_2899%20-%20IMG_2912-XL.jpg

Rad stuff on the way down
IMG_2896-XL.jpg

IMG_2920-XL.jpg

Advertising for Trek.
IMG_2894-XL.jpg

What the lower elevations look like
IMG_2883-XL.jpg

IMG_2858%20-%20IMG_2863-XL.jpg

Nick, that looks like an awesome area, and nice pics too!

Nick, that looks like an awesome area, and nice pics too!

Thanks! Yea, it's totally grown on me. Totally different than CA, but pretty awesome nonetheless.

Makes me want to get a mountain bike

Or a ktm freeride

KTM makes mountain bikes.... do it! Just make sure you're ready to torture your legs for a while! Actually, the leg torture never stops... you just ride faster.

Maybe my 16-50 that came with the A6000 was just a turd... The interface also stunk, and those two items just made me anxious with the purchase

I use the 35 1.8 on my A6000 and love the image quality, it's really the only lens I have for it and it seems to fit almost everything I need it for.

As for the menu system, I know Sony gets shit on all the time, but has anyone looked at the menu system for Canon's pro line? (5D/1D's)... it's gawd awful as well.

Fuji's menu system is way to basic, it's not that it's a good menu system, it's just that there aren't enough options to change to make it a bad menu system. :rofl

These weren't taken with anything fancy but are still a couple of my favorites (for obvious reasons)

My wife a few years ago in SF.
26534_1380405080639_262878_n_zpslc8l0zbi.jpg

My (now 1 year old) daughter a few months ago.
8569f727-5e5b-456d-94d5-49eebe984c58_zps6t6lhccz.jpg

Just one of my ant colonies temnothorax rugatulus

IMG_2810-XL.jpg

Just a cell phone pic, looked up to see a young Jobs on the telly.
TripleSeven's version on the wall :thumbup

Attachments

• jobs.jpg
    jobs.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 81
Back