• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Share your Personal Photography Pictures. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

Interesting. We are currently working with a fr startup that retrieve a bunch of data from drone photography.

http://www.redbird.fr/

Yeah Photogrammetry is a big hit nowadays and it's is my area of drone use. Right now Drone Deploy is the Bees knees but I am playing around with other companies like SkyCatch and Pix4D.

Anything with Nidr or is it RGB color analytics? We are looking at different imaging solutions for Ag.

You mean NDVI, Normalized Difference Vegetation Index. Yes I can do that no problem infact I can also incorporate Thermal IR imaging for Ag.

I spent a very cold night on Glacier Point last night to capture this.
20160501-_DSC6871-Pano-2.JPG

Very nice Mike!

Details on the shot?

Thanks.
If you don't have an EXIF viewer plugin for your browser, I highly recommend getting one. Assuming the poster doesn't strip out the EXIF data, all data is present by just right-clicking the photo (iso/shutter/aperture etc).

That particular photo is a pano of 5 verts, each @ 15 seconds, 24mm, f/1.6, ISO 3200.

I used my Nikon D610 and a Rokinon 24mm f/1.4 lens

Cool Mike, thx, didn't know about the browser plugin. A lot of my stuff has useless exif cos of the processing and deleting geotags, so I kinda forgot about it.. ;)

On your exposure, trial and error or did ya get lucky - I've found 15sec's is starting to push it in terms of managing star trails, at least down to ~24mm. At 14mm, I can get al the way up to ~30secs, but field distortion is a bear...

For whatever reason, exif viewers are the first to stop functioning during browser updates and then there's nothing for like six months. I've given up.

On your exposure, trial and error or did ya get lucky -
I use the equation 500/(focal length)
There are more sophisticated methods that take into account your lattitude, sensor size and a few other variables that always boil down to less than 500/(focal length) but I get acceptable results using the 500 rule.

500/24 = 20.8 = 20 second exposure. I took a few at that length and they looked pretty sharp to me. I was getting such good images at 15 seconds I just stayed there to be 'safe.'

I also have a 14 f2.8
500/14 = 35 seconds - I've used it at 30 seconds to good effect as well.

Are these from aircraft, or drones (which are, you know, also aircraft, but hopefully the distinction is clear)?

Can you taste it ?

Attachments

• IMG_9544.jpg
    IMG_9544.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 74
Back