• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Show us your Cadillac!

Cadillac takes 1 - 2 in qualifying this afternoon for tomorrow's race at Laguna Seca. Sebastien Bourdais driving the No. 01 Cadillac Racing V-Series.R also set a new track record on his qualifying run . He lapped the 2.238-mile road course in 1 minute, 12.445 seconds (111.212 mph), some 2.3 seconds quicker than a year ago and nearly 1.5 seconds under the track’s all-time sports car record of 1:13.924 set by Ricky Taylor in the #10 Wayne Taylor Racing Acura ARX-05 Daytona Prototype International (DPi)-class car in 2022.
:wow :thumbup

During Friday practice the #31 Whelen Cadillac driven by Jack Aitken had a huge crash exiting Turn 4 which brought out the red flag. Aitken was ok, although the crash caused considerable damage to the left-front of the car.
I saw the car about and hour later in the garage and all the front and rear bodywork was off the car along with LF suspension components. The Team manager said that the initial check of all the structural components appeared to be ok but everything would be "checked" to ensure it would be ready for and pass the IMSA "tech inspection.

The car passed "tech" and Pipo Derani then placed the #31 Whelen Cadillac on the front row in the number 2 spot, just a single tenth of a second behind the #01 Action Express Cadillac driven by Bourdais.

Three weeks ago Cadillac finished 1 and 2 at the LBGP race! :party

Porsche, Acura, BMW all have very capable cars in the GTP class. Looking forward to a good race!!!

Hauling the mail.. :wow

Enjoy the show FHL0!!

1.12 is SMOKING! I tried to get those tickets FLH, but I was too late :(

Next time for sure, brother!!!!

Yes, it was a pretty good weekend, it all came down to the last 10 minutes or so and getting through the GTD Pro and GTD class cars. Competition across the GTP class is really tough which makes for really good racing. Unfortunately the #31 Whelen Cadillac got held up in traffic and the #6 Penske Motorsport Porsche 963 found an opening to take the lead.

It's pretty crazy that the GTP cars were still able to knock out some 1.14: xxx lap times during the race.

In the GTD Pro class the Corvettes #4 and #3 qualified at 1.19:727 and 1.20:038 to take Pole positions 1 and 2 with the #4 car finishing 3rd and the #3 car in 5th.
Race Top 15...

Attachments

• Race Top 15.jpg
    Race Top 15.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 34
I drove the new Escalade V, the CT5V Blackwing auto and manual cars, and the CT4V Blackwing manual. The Escalade is unreal, yeah you know it's big and sits up proud-n tall but you don't notice it's size when behind the wheel. Unreal how quick, smooth and nimble it is. Plus the BEST exhaust note of all the V series cars! :teeth

Now the CT5V Blackwings, tough decision... the Manual or the Auto. Total, Epic, Awesomeness!!! :wow :party If they came with a Coupe version I'd totally have one now. Even so, the "seed" for one of the "Sedan's" has been planted. I need a bigger garage. Sigh
FAWK they are Bad Ass AWESOME! :teeth

As for the AT4V Blackwing 6spd manual, it's is a refined, super fun :cool slot car!

Great report, thanks. So then: what're you thinking of getting? The manual is what I keep looking at, but I've heard that like 70% are manuals so the Auto would be rarer...and has all the driving aids too. I like my Gen 3 Auto plenty, but the only manual I have currently is my Gen 4 F-body. I've got an LT1 for my 78's TA, but it's not in yet...

My bud's son was Racing in the Lamborghini Super Trofeo in the Pro Am class. They won race 2 and finished second overall. Sure that made Dad happy.

Great report, thanks. So then: what're you thinking of getting? The manual is what I keep looking at, but I've heard that like 70% are manuals so the Auto would be rarer...and has all the driving aids too. I like my Gen 3 Auto plenty, but the only manual I have currently is my Gen 4 F-body. I've got an LT1 for my 78's TA, but it's not in yet...

The CT5's come standard with the 6-speed manual transmission with active rev matching and no-lift shifting!!! <----- That puts a HUGE smile on yer face. :teeth

Standard rear axle ratio is 3:73 in the manual and auto cars. Although, the there is 2.85 rear axle ratio option (HRD), but only when ordered with 10-speed automatic transmission (MHX).

The auto is really slick, in Auto mode you can use the paddles if you want. When you push the shifter over to right it's in Manual mode and you use the paddles. AND when you push the "V" button on the steering wheel a whole nother universe opens up! :wow :party

If you plan on driving the car a fare amount the auto should a serious consideration. But there's just that little something extra about driving a "stick".

Plans are to be down at Spring Mountain later this year testing out a "stick" car.

My bud's son was Racing in the Lamborghini Super Trofeo in the Pro Am class. They won race 2 and finished second overall. Sure that made Dad happy.

That rules Bud! Great showing...had to have an awesome celebration.

Plans are to be down at Spring Mountain later this year testing out a "stick" car.

GoPro or go home! Good info on the cars. I just can't find the motivation to move from my Gen 3 to a CT5 Wing cause it's gonna be a $50K difference and certainly not going to be $50K better. Now the C8 Z51 to a Z06...that's smarter money for me.

Only saw part of the 1st Lamborghini Super Trofeo race. Race #2 on Saturday afternoon was pretty wild, envision an Italian NASCAR road race with 30 or so cars. Lots of pushing and shoving, elbows out, swapping paint, cars looping it in the corners and straights. Fun race to watch. Hey, found out you can "rent" a Lambo race car for about $35K, but that's only for one race weekend. :laughing

As for the Z06... yeah it's a bit quicker in the 1/4 mile, 10.6 seconds to 11.3 for the CT5V-BW. The Caddy is a little bit heavier by about ~480 lbs than the Z06.
Now down the Mulsanne Straight my money's on the Caddy! :x

Think of the CT5V BW as a four seater Z06. :)
Also, the Caddy is about $7-$10K less.

Yes it is a very excellent vid about Cadillac racing. Have watched it a couple on times.
Will be interesting to see how things go with Chip Ganassi Racing (#01 car) leaving the Cadillac GTP program in 2025.
Action Express Racing (#31) may expand to two Cadillac V-Series.R entries next year (billionaire IMSA owner Jim France is a partner.)

Anyone interested in going to Le Mans next year?

Back