• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Show us your Cadillac!

Cool... glad ya had fun. :thumbup

Today, at goodguy's... none mine. :(

Attachments

• 20220828_125635.jpg
    20220828_125635.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220828_130542.jpg
    20220828_130542.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220828_123442.jpg
    20220828_123442.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 35
Cadillac 2023 LMDh car

Well the 2023 race season is just around the corner and there's a new car. The Cadillac V-LMDh, codeveloped by Cadillac Design, Cadillac Racing and Dallara will be competing in the IMSA series and FIA World Endurance Championship series.

The new designation is the Le Mans Daytona - hybrid class (LMDh) and is Cadillac's third-generation prototype race car. Old classification was the Daytona Prototype International (DPi). This new class will also bring more manufactures to it. :thumbup

I sent a note to Cadillac asking if they were returning with their "Cadillac V-Performance Hospitality Suite" at the 2023 Long Beach Grand Prix this coming April. As soon as I hear from them I'll post up the info.

And for your listening enjoyment...
DPi vs LMDh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6t_HBs7hrA&t=55s

Attachments

• Cadillac 2023 LMDh 1.jpg
    Cadillac 2023 LMDh 1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Cadillac 2023 LMDh 2.jpg
    Cadillac 2023 LMDh 2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 2023 Manufactures.jpg
    2023 Manufactures.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 31
I have no idea how they're gonna get people to the seats w/ an electric series...

Back in the early 80's I bought a 64 Coupe De Ville , black with white vinyl top and white and black leather interior.
Had a 429 under the hood and for such a big beast she picked up her skirt and scooted when you stomped on the go pedal.
One of my buddies had a late 70's Corvette ( that I had driven) and I told him my Caddy would leave him for dead if he ever wanted to race me...lol.
looked pretty much like this one :
https://youtu.be/A7DDytknwlM
Sadly the guy I sold it to did the low-rider set up , including a tiny chrome chain steering wheel.
Made me cringe but made him happy. He always looked like he just stepped out of a of ZZ top video...:)
DT

I just followed a 56' fin car Caddy on auction Duncan, but bailed out in the 30's. My GF thought it was hideous, which makes me want it even more.

Guy down the street restores late 50’s Caddys… Pretty cars. I’ll get some pics

Not my Cadillac but since you guys are drifting a bit...

From another post I did but worth reposting.

NQYOEBY.jpg

The conversion is unbelievable. This guy or whoever did the work does it right.

1ivlgOf.jpg

Attachments

• Cadillac Celestiq.jpg
    Cadillac Celestiq.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Pretty trippy. Very futuristic and sleek.

Not a fan of electric doors but man, there are some cool designs on it.

Cadillac Racing News Update
2023 Season brought new cars - Cadillac is running the new V-Series.R - GTP (Hypercars) in IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship and FIA World Endurance Championship Series.

Results:

Daytona 24 Hours
1-2 - Acura
3-5 - Cadillac

Sebring 12 Hours
1 - Cadillac
2 - BMW

Long Beach (4/15/23)
1 - BMW
2 - Acura
3 - Cadillac

WEC at Portimao, Portugal (6 hour race, 4/16/23)
1 - Toyota
2 - Ferrari
3 - Porcshe
4 - Cadillac
5 - Peugeot

My youngest is currently at the LBGP enjoying the races. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it. Plan on going to the IMSA race at Laguna in May though.

For the WEC Portimao race I was rooting for Cadillac and the #94 Peugeot 9X8 car. (Son is friends with Gustavo Menezes driving the #94 car, plus I had a Peugeot 604. Really nice car, excellent road car but could have used a turbo.)

Oh, and the #33 Corvette took 1st in the LMGTE class!

Attachments

• Peugeot 9XB.jpg
    Peugeot 9XB.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Damn that looks like it's gonna be fun. Your post on the 15th encouraged me to uncover and take my Gen 3 V out...it's been over 5 months or so since I've driven her. That car...man, it makes my heart rate run about 20 beats more than normal just driving around town. I'd forgotten how visceral of an experience it is, even at around-town speeds. The C8's neat, but nothing like the power of the Get 3 V motor.

I came into work today and promptly ordered new tires. The original tires are still on it (Michelin Super Sports) with 13K miles and are hard as stones. Should be a run drive to Lake County when I get the 4S's on! OR maybe Laguna if I can find a ticket or too and some time. Time's the problem right now...

Attachments

• WEC SPA - hour 1.jpg
    WEC SPA - hour 1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Had a meeting in Lake county and drove my Gen 3 V up. Got new Michi 4S's and use the track driving mode, which IIRC I've not used much at all on the street..and I don't know why. With 17K miles total on the V, the old Michi SS's were totally hard and spin city slickers. The new 4S's had great compliance, grip, feel...everything. The Berryessa backroads were excellent and with the new tires and using Track setting in comp mode, the CTS-V is absolutely unreal. Speeding may have happened. May have...

That was over an hour of trackday like joy. On the way over to Woodland, I took 16 back and once again; epic. Complete road to myself. From Buckingham to Woodland may have taken about 1.2 hours. Might have...I lost track of time.

I missed driving her. Perfect day with such a great motor and chassis. The weirdest part: I had people checking the car out, Thumbs up, wanting to race, all kinds of nutty shit. The V bring it out in everyone; driver and bystanders. It's a terrible influence.

Last edited:
Super Sports need more heat to get them to grip. Think of them as like a less sticky version of Cup 2s that don’t need to be track hot in order to work.

The 4S is a much better street tire than the Super Sport. It’s much more forgiving with the temperature range in which it will work. The trade off is that they won’t hold up to track use as well as the Super Sport.

Michelin has the new 5S rolling out but so far only OE applications. Aston DB12 will be the first to get them.

It came with SS's on it, but they were getting pretty old too. Great tires, but you're spot on: they do need the heat to work and on the street. That car has to be about as close to Australian Supercar next to the big Blackwing.

Last edited:
Back