• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The Awesome Videos Thread!

For those of us who enjoy a bit of schadenfreude, you may enjoy this vid. It really surprised me that I ended up watching the whole vid.

Best comment: “If you’re coming up to a water crossing, and there are a bunch of people on the bridge with their cameras out, you may want to think again.”

Edit: You can also play a game where you try to guess who is going to make it and who is going to hydrolock their motor.

Edit: I just realized that this is basically the UK’s version of the 11’8” bridge.

[youtube]lUYfTrXHK4U[/youtube]

Last edited:
So are they going to fast, or is it simply just too deep?

Both. A lot of them totally would have made it if they would have just slowed down. The water itself is not deep enough to get into the intake of most of those cars if they just crawled along. For some reason, the natural instinct for a lot of them was to gun it once they got into the water.

Why is that so entertaining?

I never thought about EVs and fording but I guess Teslas do OK.

Is that video the cause of why you did the rear dif breather mod? :laughing

Here's my buddy drowning his Tacoma at Usal Beach last year. (3:00 mark)

[youtube]pFynr9TAKLI[/youtube]

Last edited:
Remember these?

mch-1410_8104.jpg

Why is that so entertaining?

I never thought about EVs and fording but I guess Teslas do OK.

Is that video the cause of why you did the rear dif breather mod? :laughing

Here's my buddy drowning his Tacoma at Usal Beach last year. (3:00 mark)

[youtube]pFynr9TAKLI[/youtube]

I have no clue why the vids are so entertaining. I can’t stop watching. There are 54 vids of people crossing that ford so far on his page. I think I’ve made it through most of them already. When the water gets really deep, a large crowd seems to form and cheer when people either go big or get stuck.

The rear diff breather mod is just something to do instead of watching TV. It’s a dirt cheap and easy “just in case” type of mod. I’ve driven through some DEEP puddles in San Jose. On the Tacos you only need to relocate the rear diff breather which is literally sitting just above the rear diff. The other breathers (tranny, xfer case, front diff) are routed to a box up in the engine bay. My Taco will float away before those ever become an issue. But, I admit that I do want a snorkel strictly for the poseur factor. It’s like the new chrome. :teeth

Edit: poor drowned Taco…

Last edited:
So disappointed at this Disco driver. You can look the look...

https://youtu.be/rrrIRX5mcO0?t=264

But, I admit that I do want a snorkel strictly for the poseur factor. It’s like the new chrome. :teeth

I've already got one waiting for me at my Las Vegas house (ordered it a year ago actually). :laughing But not because there's any water to ford but I'm planning on spending a lot of time in the desert.

Last edited:
I've already got one waiting for me at my Las Vegas house (ordered it a year ago actually). :laughing But not because there's any water to ford but I'm planning on spending a lot of time in the desert.

The hesitation for me is not with cutting the huge hole in my fender. The hesitation is drilling the mounting holes in my A-pillar. The fender can be replaced easily if I change my mind. Two potentially leaky holes in the A-pillar are a different story.

So disappointed at this Disco driver. You can look the look...

https://youtu.be/rrrIRX5mcO0?t=264

There are a bunch of rock crawling rigs that go through the puddle that were obviously driven by people who never actually drove off road. The guy on the lamborghini had more skill crossing the water than some of the guys in the lifted trucks.

The funny ones for me were the group of guys on dirt bikes. One guy in the group waded through the puddle while the rest of his buddies rode across the pedestrian bridge. :laughing

The hesitation for me is not with cutting the huge hole in my fender. The hesitation is drilling the mounting holes in my A-pillar. The fender can be replaced easily if I change my mind. Two potentially leaky holes in the A-pillar are a different story.

You don't need to drill. 3M VHB tape (the real shit, not the ones you get from Target) does a pretty good job. Though I've heard it can fail after 2-3 years. Just add it to the list of shit to check before you go out. I always keep a roll of that in the truck anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MAQBPEM?tag=amazonqueryr6-20

Last edited:
It's literal rocket science! (30 min video, but well worth it!)

[youtube]he_BL6Q5u1Y[/youtube]

Last edited:
It got kinda dusty in my house all of a sudden…

[youtube]uwjR37keKs0[/youtube]

I understand your comment. That was riveting. I watched it straight through to the last second. Quite a miraculous story for Desiree and the captains. Thanks for posting that.

If you like watching videos of people bringing old cars back to life, you’ll enjoy this guy. I literally laughed out loud when he said, “Ah, it’s got the after market foldable rust…”.

[youtube]JcAHeO08qCk[/youtube]

From the comments, this is the USS Kitty Hawk... and those are some big waves!
[youtube]VRO4H7n4gUE[/youtube]

Do I add the video to the music thread? Or the video thread? Such are the questions in life! :teeth

[youtube]kOoOP-lUAUo[/youtube]

Back