• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

No, he got pretty fat deal. Rumor is that Rogan played hard to get so he could get a chunk too..

Like him or hate him, Dana is good for the company. Replacing him would be a mistake.

Ha! Doh! The one fight I missed... got up to do the dishes and didn't bother pausing or rewinding.

Actually, I did see Rd 1 and didn't think I'd be missing much.

Last edited:
dave+hester+yup.jpg

Can't believe nobody is discussin Cyborg getting his head bashed in by MVP.

I mean, his forehead got bashed in! Sheesh.

I saw that with the supposed x-rays of the area. I don't know the forehead is one of the strongest areas of bone in the body from what I understand. Kind of weird that much damage was done to the forehead and nothing at all happened to the knee of the other guy. You would think the knee cap would have broke as well.

Did some Google-Fu and found it takes 1900 lbs to break the bone in the forehead for an average person. But another source says 30 Lbs per sq in. I would think unless he had some deficiency in his bones due to age or disease that the knee of the striker should be messed up as well.

With all that being said that injury was something nasty and I hope he heals up quick. Reminds me of Koscheck's injuries when he broke his orbital bones.

I saw that with the supposed x-rays of the area. I don't know the forehead is one of the strongest areas of bone in the body from what I understand. Kind of weird that much damage was done to the forehead and nothing at all happened to the knee of the other guy. You would think the knee cap would have broke as well.

Did some Google-Fu and found it takes 1900 lbs to break the bone in the forehead for an average person. But another source says 30 Lbs per sq in. I would think unless he had some deficiency in his bones due to age or disease that the knee of the striker should be messed up as well.

With all that being said that injury was something nasty and I hope he heals up quick. Reminds me of Koscheck's injuries when he broke his orbital bones.

roids...

MVP's knee was not hurt for the same reason a Peregrine falcon can smash into something (like a rabbit or a Brazilians face) at 200mph+ and not hurt itself.

Momentum+force+sciemce+roids= bulletproof knees.

Dang, didn't anyone graduate high school here?

At any rate, hope Cyborg recovers. I keep thinking what would have happened if Herd was officiating and decided to let MVP land 10 more hammer fists just to make sure Cyborg wasn't recovering. Would have killed him with maybe one more shot.

Refs in MMA: seems to be importantQ

MVP's knee was not hurt for the same reason a Peregrine falcon can smash into something (like a rabbit or a Brazilians face) at 200mph+ and not hurt itself.

But does a falcon hit it head on or is it swooping and coming in at an angle which dissipates some of the force. Plus F=MA not a lot of mass on a falcon.

Back