• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

More fighters need to try to fight like Chan Sung Jung. Dude is impressive, to say the least.

Cerrone looked good last night, too.

What's his face who fought Sadollah needs to go home. Amir wasn't exactly impressive, but that was the worst case of wall n' stall I've seen in a while.

The Procrajac/Maldonado fight was pretty good, too.

I only saw the cerone fight. he looked amned good thats for sure. if he hadnt let diaz get in his head, he coulda beat him. he needed to go with condits gameplan in that fight.

but He looked clean, crisp, accurate and dominant

btw, why did this thread get moved? now no one knows its hear :/

Cerrone played right into Nate Diaz's ghetto fight plan. If he'd fought like he SHOULD have, he'd have beat the tar out of Diaz. I firmly believe he could have and should have won that fight. I was almost a little embarrassed for Jeremy Stevens last night cuz that was a one sided beating.

Go find the Zombie/Porrier fight... I hate using this phrase, but it was fucking epic. One of the best fights in a while, I'd say.

Damn, I can't believe I spaced out and missed the Zombie fight. Dude always brings it in spades. Just an exciting and interesting fighter who really does come forward like a goddamn zombie. Love that guy.

Love to watch Cerrone, too. I wasn't sure who to root for in the Diaz fight, as they both seem like supreme douches, but despite that I like both of their styles and dig watching either one fight anybody, because like Zombie, they both come to fight.

Bummed I missed these free fights.

EDIT: and yeah why did this get moved to this sub-forum I didn't even know existed??

Last edited:
YES! DC wins the Strikeforce HW grand prix championshop. Awesome fight, esp when DC picked up Barnett and slammed him WWF style :)
:banana

The Melendez decision over Thomson....:thumbdown. great fight though.

Don't have Showtime... damn. Watched part of the last Belator card, tho, which was ok.
we just purchased the event itself, cheaper than a $140 ticket to HP Pavilion with a crappy view :).

Cormier (5'10") kicking Barnett (6'3") in the head several times was stunning.

two video recaps , including the toss

Chael Sonnen gets to do a nice cycle before the Silva fight.

We'll see if John Jones gets suspended for a year: doubt it.

Christ, what a bunch of fucking bullshit.

What do you mean?

Sonnen didn't ask anybody and answered the same pre-fight questions as Diaz, in the same manner.

Problem is... this is Diaz' second offense, plus he sued the fucking commission. Great way to get on their good side. Sonnen, on the other hand, hadn't been dinged before and kissed their collective asses.

And, I'm not defending Sonnen's use of TRT, but dollars to doughnuts, EVERYONE in the UFC does it and the commission knows it, just they keep it within the 6:1 allowed ratio of T:ET. The silence of all the other fighters is deafening.

As for Jones... maybe his uber-cockiness will get taken down a notch. Probably not.

What do you mean?

Sonnen didn't ask anybody and answered the same pre-fight questions as Diaz, in the same manner.

Sonnen went before the Nevada state athletic board on Monday to request a medical exemption for testosterone therapy. It was granted

Diaz was suspended for one year for weed. He is uses the claim that in CA it's legal and he uses it medicinally. The problem, is that he didn't tell the Nevada board before the fight and request an exemption

Sonnen went before the Nevada state athletic board on Monday to request a medical exemption for testosterone therapy. It was granted

Diaz was suspended for one year for weed. He is uses the claim that in CA it's legal and he uses it medicinally. The problem, is that he didn't tell the Nevada board before the fight and request an exemption

Yeah. But Sonnen also answered the same questionaire as Diaz prior to their fights and didn't disclose his use of "testosterone therapy" as Diaz didn't disclose his use of "medical" MJ.

See below:

The commission noted that Diaz had listed his medical marijuana prescription on his pre-fight questionnaire prior to a 2011 Strikeforce bout in California but failed to do the same in Las Vegas before UFC 143. Diaz’s failure to produce a viable documentation for a medical exemption for marijuana contributed to his punishment.

He (edit: SONNEN) was questioned Monday for not disclosing the use of TRT on his pre-fight medical questionnaire (or any others between 2008-2010) and subsequently lying about it to the commission.

So, Sonnen gets away with blatantly using PED's, and Diaz get's hammered to the tune of 60 GRAND and a 1 year susp for smoking weed.

It's just fucking beyond stupid, totally hypocritical, and has to be political.:laughing

We'll see what happens to Bones for crashing his Bently while drunk driving.

Problem is... this is Diaz' second offense, plus he sued the fucking commission. Great way to get on their good side. Sonnen, on the other hand, hadn't been dinged before and kissed their collective asses.

And, I'm not defending Sonnen's use of TRT, but dollars to doughnuts, EVERYONE in the UFC does it and the commission knows it, just they keep it within the 6:1 allowed ratio of T:ET. The silence of all the other fighters is deafening.

As for Jones... maybe his uber-cockiness will get taken down a notch. Probably not.

Sorry, I missed this post.

So, basically, I agree: Sonnen gets a boost before fighting Silva, and is using (and lied about using) PED's, and get's to continue to do so. Despite that he is a criminal and complete jackass.

And, Diaz gets a year suspension and 60G for standing up for himself and not using PED's, basically for having an unsavory personality!

:laughing

So, who do you guys have for UFC 146??

Some awesome big dudes fighting.

I got JDS beating Mir, even though I am a big Mir fan.

I am actually going to go with Bigfoot over Cain. I might regret that, but I think Cain is over rated.

EDIT: This thread may as well be on Mars. Nobody sees it.

Last edited:
Yeah I think we need to pm a mod. The whole point of this thread is ruined. We are off in the boons

Why did it get moved anyway.? There's a nfl and NHL thread in the sink.

I know there's plenty of other fans, climber, wormwood, I can think of a few.

I got:

Struve
Stipe
Big Country
Cain
Rooting for Mir, tho I might give an edge to Dos Santos. Mir could definitely do the deed, tho. I have no idea why people are writing him off. He's had some bad losses, but he's got a hell of a resume. And sorry, but Dos Santos has no business insulting him like he's been doing.

Back