• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

I missed the finale but I'll search for a rerun. Faber did not fight, correct?
Please can you tell me when the next UFC fight is?

Tis today, Franklin vs. the Axe Murderer with Clay vs. Grey on Fx. So this is a free card tonight.

Related not watched the Matt Serra video blog at Chaels gym. Chael was a normal enough guy in that video.

Man, I dunno if the PPV is really PPV-worthy. Franklin and Silva are great and all, but I don't see Wand as a PPV headliner anymore and Franklin has been out since the stone age.

yes, Silva Franklin UFC 147 Saturday... Fx Fight night tonight... my mistake

missed all of it because I was busy hosting a soiree in my home.
Results please?

franklin wins, 4 rounds to one. didnt see the fight though.

anyone watch guida maynard, I didnt see it, but people are all kinds of pissed off.

Maynard was unable to hit Clay and Clay was not willing to engage with Maynard, thus 5 rounds of Clay bouncing around Maynard with some jabs exchanged. That was about it.

Franklin Silva was a good fight.

Just noticed this thread. I don't watch UFC, but I photograph local pro/am combat sports. I was at the Legends kickboxing event that MikeRocks mentioned. Miriam Nakamoto was also on the card. I haven't completed publishing the photos still because of a lot of crap things happening in my life, like crashing and breaking my camera and lens because the tank bag launched 10 feet off the bike going 50 MPH. http://laluna.smugmug.com/WTUSA-Wor...gends/22770515_rZgzzW#!i=1826500273&k=kXq9dNQ

A good way to find out about local fight events is to check the CSAC and CAMO websites. There's something pretty much every weekend somewhere in California. When I have a working camera and vehicle, I go to as many as I can.

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing Selena! Sorry to hear about you crashing your bike, hope you're okay... :(

Everything was covered by insurance except medical and my camera equipment. I walked away from the crash, so no extensive medical bills. The lack of camera is really upsetting since it was how I make cash on the side and I am jobless at the moment. After August, I can't afford to pay bills or keep a roof over my head.

FYI
7/13-7/15 Fit Expo at San Jose Convention Center, including a day of MMA. I'll be there Fri & Sun, but in theory I have a paid gig on Sat. for Battle of the Dojos in Fresno area. If they don't follow through on payments, I'll be in SJ for the whole Fit Expo.

7/22 Born to Fight at The Saddle Rack in Fremont, CA. Usually Javier Mendez and Cung Le are in attendance. Javier is usually sitting in VIP and Cung is frequently a corner for his AKA school.

mmafighting.com
great sight, awesome editorial stuff, and tons and tons of videos. :cool

Bookmarked this site and have been enjoying it. :thumbup

Anyone watching UFC 149?

Does Faber have a chance against Barao?

Personally, I think Uriah is one one of the most over-rated fighter ever known to man. BUT, he must be hungry and I am curious to see how he does against this guy.

I got Barao on this one though. Dudes tough.

Cung Le and Javier Mendez's Born to Fight is this weekend at the Saddle Rack on Sunday

Back