• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

if jones didn't finish so strong i was thinking they were gonna call it a draw and so an insta-rematch, but he just about cleaned him out in the 5th.

Mma fighting.com has a cool artIckw about how basically rounds 2&3 are so close that either fighter winning the fight is conceivable.

That might be true if rounds 4 and 5 didn't clearly belong to Jonny.

That might be true if rounds 4 and 5 didn't clearly belong to Jonny.

I think what they meant is that guf won round 1, bones 4,5, so any scoring of the other two rounds could easilly have swayed it to guf, or to jones more fully.

They had it 3-2 jones, with Alex wining rounds 1-2, and jones 3-4-5

"Man, I'll tell you what, I've been asking for a dog fight for a long time, and I finally got that dog fight I've been looking for. Tonight was a blessing in so many ways -- got the victory, and I got to prove a lot to myself. I'm not satisfied, I've got a lot more work to do in the gym to stay on top of my game. He was just a tough fighter. I spent a lot of time on my boxing this camp and maybe that wasn't the best idea. I should have been like water and used more versatility. I'll tell you what, hats off to Alexander, that was by far my toughest fight, and I really had to exercise my warrior spirit tonight, which makes me more happier than getting the win. I felt really sloppy tonight. Alexander is very game -- that guy definitely has a chin on him."

- Bones Jones

Jone is an incredible fighter, and just may be the best there is. He would destroy Andersen and will probably go down as th beets UFC fighter ever.

But man he just comes off like a douche lol I love to watch him fight but everything he says just bothers the fuck out of me. He sounds like such a fucking pretentious douchebag

Jone is an incredible fighter, and just may be the best there is. He would destroy Andersen and will probably go down as th beets UFC fighter ever.

But man he just comes off like a douche lol I love to watch him fight but everything he says just bothers the fuck out of me. He sounds like such a fucking pretentious douchebag

How so?

I should clarify, TO ME he does.

I can't put my finger on it. I love Hos fighting style, he's amazing. But the way he talks, how he chooses to express himself, Ug just shut up. I can't stand him. He just comes off as so fake, so immature, such a tool.

Like I said, jones Is a beast. Outside of Cain, I don't think Anyome beats him. Not after getting through Gus, after who he's beat in His title run.

The real super fight is cain versus jones

I can't put my finger on it. I love Hos fighting style, he's amazing. But the way he talks, how he chooses to express himself, Ug just shut up. I can't stand him. He just comes off as so fake, so immature, such a tool.

Like I said, jones Is a beast. Outside of Cain, I don't think Anyome beats him. Not after getting through Gus, after who he's beat in His title run.

I don't really understand. He's one of the most humble champions I know but he doesn't ever try to downplay his gifts and talents as being on his way to potentially being the UFC goat. He has the tools, the drive, the confidence and makes no apologies about that. What does he say that sounds fake?

also Velazquez and Jones will never happen....

100% agree with everything you said. Dude is great, but an uber-douche. I cannot root for the guy. :laughing A Cain/Jones fight would make much more sense than Silva/Jones, especially since Silva will never be champ again. :teeth

Funny, I actually talked to someone from Jones' home town some time back and he said everyone there who knows him thinks he's a douche, too. :laughing

That said, I forgot about this fight until after the fact. Too bad I missed it.

i'm on kurosaki's side on this one. im okay with how jones talks, i think he's got a good balance of self confidence and humility.

also i think cain needs to defend the title a couple/few more times before he can ranked up there.

When you're the best and King of the mountain, people always find reasons to hate.

When I think of douche bag fighters. I think Sonnen and Diaz but even with Sonnen I know it's all show, promotion, and entertainment and he seems to be a pretty cool dude when he turns his bad guy persona off.

With Jones, I don't understand where you guys are coming from at all. Maybe you could give me some examples...

When you're the best and King of the mountain, people always find reasons to hate.

When I think of douche bag fighters. I think Sonnen and Diaz but even with Sonnen I know it's all show, promotion, and entertainment and he seems to be a pretty cool dude when he turns his bad guy persona off.

With Jones, I don't understand where you guys are coming from at all. Maybe you could give me some examples...

He says all the "right things", but it comes off as fake. Rashad, while I think he got overly butt-hurt over the whole having to fight a team mate thing, has it right... Jones copies a bunch of what Rashad does. Yeah, he's an athletic phenom, but he's still a goober. Some people are likeable, some aren't. To me, Jones isn't. Can't take away from his abilities, but he's still a tool. :D

Personally, I am not looking for dudes to hang out with when I watch MMA/Boxing/racing etc.

I like to see how they express themselves in the goddamn cage, not at the ice cream parlor, nancy boys.

He says all the "right things", but it comes off as fake. Rashad, while I think he got overly butt-hurt over the whole having to fight a team mate thing, has it right... Jones copies a bunch of what Rashad does. Yeah, he's an athletic phenom, but he's still a goober. Some people are likeable, some aren't. To me, Jones isn't. Can't take away from his abilities, but he's still a tool. :D

Still don't understand.

but whatever. Not everybody is going to like every big name athlete.

Personally, I am not looking for dudes to hang out with when I watch MMA/Boxing/racing etc.

I like to see how they express themselves in the goddamn cage, not at the ice cream parlor, nancy boys.

Me neither, but then I don't hang from their scrotes. :laughing Why do I have to like the guy? He's a great fighter. And a knob, so what?

Me neither, but then I don't hang from their scrotes. :laughing Why do I have to like the guy? He's a great fighter. And a knob, so what?

You don't. I was just asking why you don't like him. You told me, I still don't see your angle. But that's fine. :thumbup

Not a big deal.

Back