• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Why would someone feel sad for a fighter losing to a better man? The better man should win, thats the fight game.

in any sport people have athletes they like and root for. so you get sad or bummed when an athlete you like doesnt win. no different than getting bummed for favorite football team, or motogp rider, didnt win

to ignore this is to ignore how most people watch sports

in any sport people have athletes they like and root for. so you get sad or bummed when an athlete you like doesnt win. no different than getting bummed for favorite football team, or motogp rider, didnt win

I'm that way with team sports, much much less so with individual sports. Everyone is different.

Why would someone feel sad for a fighter losing to a better man? The better man should win, thats the fight game.

because I like Henderson..

I didn't wanna see Anderson Silva lose either.

Doesn't have anything to do with the better man.

I root for every Brazilian to lose lol

Except machida, he's not really brazinllian anyway lol

because I like Henderson..

I didn't wanna see Anderson Silva lose either.

Doesn't have anything to do with the better man.

I couldn't wait for Silva to lose. I remember being excited to see how close Lutter came to getting it done.

null_zpsea1ad773.jpg

Yea! Pettis won 2 for 2. I wanted him to win for so long. It was wrong that Dana kept delaying him to fight. Even now Pettis wasn't even suppose to fight Henderson in the first place. Pettis was just lucky that he got injured for Jose Aldo fight and then TJ got injured for Pettis to slid in for the spot. I think Pettis is going to be champ for a while until he fights Jose Aldo.

Yeah true, I guess my post only relates to ufc. I just finished watching Silverstone and found myself, D'oh

And I hate it when someone else does that :facepalm

Last edited:
Good card overall. Josh Barnett, fo' shizzle! Might have been a tad early, but Mir was getting tooled. He was just going to go out for longer if the ref hadn't called it. I'm interested in a Pettis/Aldo fight. One of the few "superfights" that makes sense.

That would be a dope super fight. I think the last one was BJ Penn vs GSP. That was awesome.

I like Henderson , however he was quite boring to watch. ( GSP Esqe ) I also think he should have lost a couple of those previous decisions. (Edgar for example) Sounds like he won't be getting a chance at that belt anytime soon.

Mir looked pretty loose when he hit the ground. Can really blame ref from preventing extra brain damage. Re-match?

Nah, Dana should have Josh fight Antonio Silva or Fabricio Werdum next.

Barnett vs. Browne. w00t11!

Vera needs to find a new job. Or something. Rothwell vs. Big Country? Oh, oh! BARNETT VS. BIG COUNTRY!!! That could have potential.

Porier needs to fight Swanson again. Benson should fight Grant while Pettis and Aldo fight. Mir... I dunno, he's still dangerous, but not at the top any more. Mir. Vs Rothwell?

Grant deserves his shot at the belt. He's not gonna get it though.

How long before Henderson gets another chance?

Dana white says yesterday grant gets the first crack at Pettis

"president Dana White confirmed to MMAFighting.com on Tuesday that Grant (21-5) will meet newly-minted 155-pound champion Anthony Pettis (17-2) in Pettis' next fight. Yahoo Sports' Kevin Iole first tweeted the news."

Mmafighting.com

Ya, it should be TJ Grant since he was suppose to fight Bendo in the first place before he got injured.

Back