The Retire and Relocate Thread™

yeah. every time someone asks that dumb-ass question ‘what animal would you be?’, i always say gator (have survived for 200 million years).

Yeah, I would go with the venerable Salty. What a majestic horror story they are.

I’m happy being retired in the Willow Glen area of San Jose. I only owe less than 300,000 on my mortgage. And I have a 2.5% loan. I’m two blocks from downtown. And the neighborhood is super nice. I’ll stay here until I die.

Just got back from five nights in PCB. I can confirm that the area surrounding it, and basically the Emerald Coast in general, is pretty nice and "well equipped" for retirees. But holy shit is it flat there...as a motorcyclist, I just couldn't do it permanently.
Ha, ha... me either! Well I guess you could always go ride over the Tampa / St Pete bridge a bunch of times for an "altitude" adjustment 'cause it's like 430' high!
And on the plus side, on a clear day up on top, ya'll can see flat land fer approximately 25 miles in any direction. And... at night they got them awful purdy lights on it. Yes sirree, it's the purdiest dang bridge ya ever did see. :toothless

And on the plus side, on a clear day up on top, ya'll can see flat land fer approximately 25 miles in any direction.
I did that from our hotel... :laughing

IMG_8823.jpeg

Did you ever see it when it was bright pink or blue?

My dad and I used to fish there too. Good memories for me as well but by high school, I’d decided that I agreed with Mark Twain that fishing was a jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other.

Yeah, the blue stuff we knew enough to stay away from...no idea why we knew that...

Fishermen. Story of my youth life. My dad hated them and where our dock is, is one of the prime marked spots on fishing maps. Those guys would be out there at like 5am chatting it it up so loud...LOL on the Mark Twain quote. That's awesome!

Was just reading about someone that died at rollins lake up here. These people on a jet ski that didn't know how to swim and weren't wearing life jackets. Sounds normal if it were 1978, but..

Back