• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

TV Shows I am enjoying

Butch

poseur
Staff member
Super Moderator
Moto(s)
‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM530 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, ‘24 Yam Tenere 700
Name
Butch
BARF perks
AMA #: 1093637
Netflix - Warrior Nun; or Ninja Nun or Magic Karate nuns… big fun.

Prime - Three Pines; crime drama

Apple TV- Bad Sisters, Ted Lasso (futball!, really good)

We just saw “The Menu”; crazy!

Netflix - Warrior Nun; or Ninja Nun or Magic Karate nuns… big fun.

Prime - Three Pines; crime drama

Apple TV- Bad Sisters, Ted Lasso (futball!, really good)

We just saw “The Menu”; crazy!

I really liked Three Pines!

I've been wondering if The Menu was worth a shot.

I enjoyed Warrior Nun, but it's been cancelled. Season 2 is the last.

Guess I should look at Net Flix... I am old and still enjoy NCIS in all the flavors. :afm199

“The Last of Us” on HBO Max is fantastic.

Agree!! So far it's great.

Watched the two episodes last night. Even though I hate zombie-type movies, this is a really good show.:thumbup

As an extremely late-blooming streamer type (only cut the cable when I retired last July) I have kind of run out of shows to binge and its been a blast. I watched a lot of foreign series from Spain, Brazil, Scandinavia etc etc and really liked ‘em. . I am caught up and starting to have to wait for new episodes. I actually ran the first hour of Watchmen last night even though I saw it before. Such a good series….it has been long enough, I guess.

Last edited:
When it comes to video games, I am so naive that I never even knew there was a precursor to this tv show. But in checking the credits last night I saw the “based on” part and figured it out.

When it comes to video games, I am so naive that I never even knew there was a precursor to this tv show. But in checking the credits last night I saw the “based on” part and figured it out.

Same here. When we were watching my son mentioned it. He also mentioned that the super mushroomhead guys were in the game and my guess is they were level two mushroom people. :laughing

All Creatures Great and Small, Season 3

For All Mankind

On last episode of The Crown, first seasons were better IMHO, though I think Dominic West is excellent as Charles.

We really like The Rookie on ABC.

Do NOT watch "Fire Country" on CBS. Just...don't.

And, of course, Hot Stove on MLB network ;).

I also liked Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. I hear Fauda is really good, but have not watch it yet.

Madalorian coming in March, haven't watched Ardor(?) yet.

Discovery + has Feasting on Asphalt from, what, 10+ years ago?, most excellent.

We really like The Rookie on ABC.

Do NOT watch "Fire Country" on CBS. Just...don't.

Agree on both. I enjoy Rookie Feds too.
I like how they do cross overs with those and also on NCIS.

You should watch Andor - it's as good as Star Wars television has been yet. It's less James Bond and more Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy but the writing and acting on that show is just on another level from what we've seen Star Wars and be before.

I just discovered Young Rock and so far am finding it very amusing.

I’ve got Netflix and HBO but rarely ever watch anything on either. I’ll put on a movie and fall asleep.
Just can’t seem to get into following series shows. Tried a few but always lost interest, except for GOT which kicked ass.

“The Last of Us” on HBO Max is fantastic.

Agree!! So far it's great.

Same here. When we were watching my son mentioned it. He also mentioned that the super mushroomhead guys were in the game and my guess is they were level two mushroom people. :laughing

The mushroomhead guys are called clickers... It's the progression of the fungus. Just wait til we get to the bloaters, if they even bother with that in season 1.

I laughed at these posts. (In a good way)

In my view, the difference between video game movie/show adaptations is different from a couple decades ago. A lot of games have become cinematic interactive experiences, which is all well and good. (The Last of Us was a great fuckin game)... But you're playing a movie. All the plot points are very specific.

...as opposed to years before (outside of RPGs) video game adaptations were not really beholden to any specific story line. They can't deviate from the source material too much anymore.

The Last of Us has to follow the plot of the game or it would be a failure. But again, so far so good. Me likey. Especially for those that are not familiar with both games.

Last edited:

Andor is legit. Especially if you've been burnt out on Skywalker/Jedi/Sith story telling.

I'm glad we're getting a second season before we get to the events of Rogue One. SPOILER ALERT (If you've had your head under the same for the past 5-6 years)

Last edited:
Back