• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

TV Shows I am enjoying

I’ve got Netflix and HBO but rarely ever watch anything on either. I’ll put on a movie and fall asleep.
Just can’t seem to get into following series shows. Tried a few but always lost interest, except for GOT which kicked ass.

I'd recommend watching "Breaking Bad" or "Ozark" on Netflix.

Finally finished the Boys season 3, was not disappointed.

Year ago I watched Person of Interest and stopped during the penultimate season, I found where I stopped and I've been binging them to finish.

The truth is there's tons of good TV to binge I just have a bad attention span.

Saw the trailer tonight for Lockwood & Co on Netflix. I think that will be my next show. Read the books not that long ago. I know the spoilers, assuming the tale is the same, but it should still be fun.

Finally finished the Boys season 3, was not disappointed.

Year ago I watched Person of Interest and stopped during the penultimate season, I found where I stopped and I've been binging them to finish.

The truth is there's tons of good TV to binge I just have a bad attention span.

I think the Boys is getting one more season after 4.

I'm good with them tying up any loose ends and ending the show. The comics weren't even a super long run... I do like when shows/movies deviate from the source material but I don't have a lot of faith in series that run out of the source material and start writing their own plots. Doesn't usually work out well.

Not every series needs to be The Walking Dead or Supernatural with a hundred seasons...

Speaking of Breaking Bad... My google-fu is weak tonight. Do you (or anyone) know where I can find the last season of Better Call Saul?

I can always put on my peg leg and shoulder parrot and find it that way, but if it's easier access on one of the typical streaming services, I'll do that.

Man, Ozark was like watching a train wreck. I couldn't stop watching it, but I hated it.

Worst people ever. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. If anything it taught me to stop watching shows about horrible people as the "protagonist".

Speaking of Breaking Bad... My google-fu is weak tonight. Do you (or anyone) know where I can find the last season of Better Call Saul?

I think the last season is in some kind of licensing limbo hell. In THEORY it should be on AMCs network. Netflix has all of the other seasons, but not the last season yet. I have to assume it will eventually, but who knows.

Be a travel and history geek I also enjoy Oak Island, Beyond Oak Island and Expedition Unknown with Josh Gates.

I've been totally invested in Oak Island since it started, but I've never watched Beyond Oak Island. I remember hearing about Oak Island when I was a kid.

I think it would be hard to start watching with all that has happened over the years and trying to explain it all to catch up.

But Oak Island is one of the very few shows I look forward to each week.

What do they talk about on Beyond Oak Island?

It is about other Treasure searches around the world. Captain Kid's treasure, sunken Spanish ships etc. It is cool to see what people pursue and what and how they find it. Some are super successful. Matty Blake can be a bit whatever :blah That red nose makes me think he enjoys his whisky and would be fun to toast one with. :laughing

Rick or Marty join it too sometimes and they always have a war room session discussing more about the Adventure with the Bros.

I have been watching Oak Island since the beginning as well. 10 years.. they find some cool stuff and the history aspects and science on the Archiology is really neat as well.

Been a long time fan of Oak Island, never of Matty Blake.
I can't watch that guy.
Superstition Mtns gold mine, Blind Frog Ranch, Skinwalker ranch, some of Josh Gates, struggling with Matty Blake tendencies.
Car building shows, not all of them though, not a fan of big egos, just real metal working talent.
and, my Brothers in Bibs, Moonshiners, as a retired brewer lookin' to distill.

Last edited:
I morbidly continue to watch Oak Island though it’s a pretty tired format and has some annoying people (including Gary Drayton and Matty Blake and the voiceover guy).. The way they do double takes when they discover something mildly interesting is very tired.. The basic fact is that its a small island and the occupiers have been dumping shit for centuries because they didn’t have urban garbage service. So of course they find pottery shards and lost buttons etc etc. You can find stuff in California creeks and ravines in the same way because that’s how country people used to dump garbage. Won’t be old of course, but its out there.

Just finished Woman of the Dead last night on Netflix, that was pretty good though fairly implausible. And Ms. BA isn’t onboard, but watching Shahmaran there now. Turkey is a really interesting country with interesting people. So, beyond the story, I kind of get into some of these streaming shows as travelogues of sorts; the people look, dress and act differently than we are used to and this is fun in itself even if storylines are questionable or lame. I liked Good Morning Veronica from Brazil..She was sort of like Mare of Easttown, and its kind of a thing to have these conflicted hot mess women detectives who get themselves in fixes in the course of uncovering some horrible crime.
Oh and we are watching Public Enemy now, which takes place in France. Interesting so far.

Last edited:
Yea, the OI presentation, "A stick in the mud? On Oak Island? Could this mean that Templars used Mule Trains to haul vast treasures to Canada?"

And Gary Drayton, most certainly on the annoying list.

But among the bits of junk and stuff they find, they do find interesting stuff.

I'm grateful the show took off. It's clear to me that the success of the show has been funding the more and more involved pursuits they're making. If it weren't for the show, they probably would have tapped out a long time ago. Mind, they'd been working on this for several years before the show.

I liked the Superstition Mountains show, but that was just one season. Most of the treasure hunting shows turn me off, though, in general.

If any of you were fans of Columbo, there’s a brand new show that just started on Peacock with a similar “we’ll show you who the killer is at the start” formula.

Poker Face. The first four episodes are up and it’s damn good.

Last edited:
I think the last season is in some kind of licensing limbo hell. In THEORY it should be on AMCs network. Netflix has all of the other seasons, but not the last season yet. I have to assume it will eventually, but who knows.

Haven't seen a bunch of spoilers so I suppose I can wait. I'll probably go back a season or 2 to refresh my memory whenever that happens.

Only Murders In The Building on Hulu.

Pretty clever murder mystery with Steve Martin & Martin Short.

Good show.

I don't know shit about Selena Gomez' music career but I did enjoy her character as the 3rd member of the group with the two Martins.

don't watch much TV, but recently binge-watched Wednesday. LOVED it. also stumbled on BBC antiques road show (old episodes). used to travel to the UK a ton for business, so have a lot of friends there - and love to give them shit for their weirdness (they give me shit for mine lol). this show is so perfect in that regard. makes me miss them.

don't watch much TV, but recently binge-watched Wednesday. LOVED it. also stumbled on BBC antiques road show (old episodes). used to travel to the UK a ton for business, so have a lot of friends there - and love to give them shit for their weirdness (they give me shit for mine lol). this show is so perfect in that regard. makes me miss them.

the wife and I watched Wednesday with our 16 y/o daughter. we also loved it. I had a tough time trying not to bug everyone by pointing out all the easter egg references to past Addams family shows they had. Very entertaining season 1.

I liked the Peripheral because besides a neat story, I had just stayed in London on vacation. They include a lot of city shots with some future buildings sprinkled in, which was cool to see.

Currently in between series, myself. Thinking of firing up Rings of Power to hopefully convince myself it wasn't as disappointing as I thought.

Back