• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

TV Shows I am enjoying

Only just got a Roku for the first time this x-mas. Been well off the viewing charts.

Most interesting to me was Letterkenny on hulu. More like this please.
Makes Game of Thrones look like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

I much prefer reparte' and literacy to monsters, gore and spooks. Python and Blackadder, where have you been so long.

Naked gross people and rude peasant dirt grubbers can FRO.

Binge-watching Terminal List. Completed S1 E7.

• Overall, its good. Not great.
• Script is above average - the military lines seem unnatural.
• A few unrealistic scenes.

Binge-watching Terminal List. Completed S1 E7.

• Overall, its good. Not great.
• Script is above average - the military lines seem unnatural.
• A few unrealistic scenes.

Yea, Terminal List was "Ok". Give it a 6. Certainly not dreadful, not notably groanful.

I have not tried Jack Ryan on Prime yet.

I did not care for Reacher on Prime. Guy was just a flat out jerk.

Yea, Terminal List was "Ok". Give it a 6. Certainly not dreadful, not notably groanful.

I have not tried Jack Ryan on Prime yet.

I did not care for Reacher on Prime. Guy was just a flat out jerk.

I’m curious about Jack Ryan.

Wish there was a 10-season Jason Bourne series.

Is SEAL Team worth binge-watching?

Big commitment: 6 seasons; lots of episodes.

I enjoyed it. Got a yes from me.

If any of you were fans of Columbo, there’s a brand new show that just started on Peacock with a similar “we’ll show you who the killer is at the start” formula.

Poker Face. The first four episodes are up and it’s damn good.

Just discovered on Peacock.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14269590/

If you like Colombo type murder mysteries then you'll enjoy this show.

Watched the first 3 episodes of this last night on these recommendations. Very enjoyable! I like how it opens with the crime like Columbo, but then goes back in time to show how Charlie fits into the scene.

Watched the movie Vengeance on Prime last night, too. Funny, thought-provoking, full of stereotypes at first glance, ludicrous at times...well worth the time spent watching it.

Started watching the first season of Endeavour on PBS. I think there are 8 seasons now? Much better than I anticipated. It's the prequel to the Inspector Morse series, following him as his career starts in Oxford in 1965. I watched a lot of Inspector Morse while caring for my father-in-law and it kind of grew on me.

Is SEAL Team worth binge-watching?

Big commitment: 6 seasons; lots of episodes.

I enjoyed it. Got a yes from me.

Would you say it’s very similar to another CBS that was on before this one called The Unit? I really enjoyed that show. So if SEAL team is just like it, I’d do it even if it is a pretty long binge at this point.

Similar yeah. The Unit was good.

I’m curious about Jack Ryan.

Launched Bezos Prime and watched S1 E1-4.

Its much better than The Terminal List:

• script seems more normal and natural
• the actress who plays Suleiman’s wife, Hanin, is a fine actress. She has a very fascinating bio
• action scenes more realistic - when someone gets shot they don’t overact; however, Hollywood still love fireball explosions
• scenes in Lebanon, Paris, and other mideast locales are very good
• storyline, so far, seems realistic

Still trying to warm up to Kasinki. I don’t like his face - doesn’t match his role. And his hair; its like he just showed up with his normal coiff.

Latest Last of Us episode was masterful tonight. Wow.

Came here to say the same. One of the best episodes of television I've seen in a good long while.

Whatever we did to deserve Nick Offerman, we should be doing a lot more of it.

Came here to say the same. One of the best episodes of television I've seen in a good long while.

Whatever we did to deserve Nick Offerman, we should be doing a lot more of it.
I know that Offerman has been on other shows, but I kind of thought he was mostly a comic actor.
I didn’t realize until after the show and looking at others comments that the other guy was from White Lotus last year. He was familiar but I didn’t get it. They both were excellent. I ain’t gonna lie, I am old and square and not that comfortable with watching gay man love depictions, but that was one of the best love stories, period, that I have seen on the screen and for me, the right medicine to challenge those personal limitations. So powerful. I left the On Demand going and there was a “making of” video for that episode as well that showed the impact of that episode on the creators themselves.

I know that Offerman has been on other shows, but I kind of thought he was mostly a comic actor.
I didn’t realize until after the show and looking at others comments that the other guy was from White Lotus last year. He was familiar but I didn’t get it. They both were excellent. I ain’t gonna lie, I am old and square and not that comfortable with watching gay man love depictions, but that was one of the best love stories, period, that I have seen on the screen and for me, the right medicine to challenge those personal limitations. So powerful. I left the On Demand going and there was a “making of” video for that episode as well that showed the impact of that episode on the creators themselves.

Nick Offerman is definitely most famous for Parks & Rec, which is a comedic role, but the dude has a pretty massive range. He's also a really skied woodworker as well. https://offermanwoodshop.com/

Thanks for the heads up on the BTS segments - I've been punching out when the credits roll. There's also a podcast about the series hosted by the writers, Craig Mazin and Neil Drukman. I haven't checked it out yet, but Craig Mazin did a similar podcast for the Chernobyl miniseries, which he also wrote, and it gave some fantastic insight into the story.

Latest Last of Us episode was masterful tonight. Wow.

Yup. One of the finest hours of television ever put on the air. That particular episode should win some awards on the next go around of Emmys or whatever.

First two episodes of this show have been pretty dead on parallel to the story in the video game this show is based on. But this episode that branched off and told the whole Bill and Frank story like that is absolutely not in the game. You only meet Bill in the game, and Frank is someone you never “really” meet. And their relationship was left to assumption and never truly defined. Glad the series took a liberty here and greatly expanded on this part of the story. Even if it meant having Ron Swanson make some boomers uncomfortable.

Fans of Murray Bartlett (who played Frank) can also see him in the limited series Chippendales on Hulu…and that was a pretty good watch too.

The use of music, and folks' varying interpretations of songs and what they mean to them, was one of the most compelling pieces of TV I've seen in a long time. So much was conveyed through the storytelling of this episode, through action or set design or videographic design or just the physical acting instead of through exposition or narrative voiceover, that it was almost overwhelming at times to keep up with what we were seeing.

Truly beautiful TV.

Back