• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

TV Shows I am enjoying

Monsieur Spade on Netflix, could have binged the 6 episodes but paced myself into 2 episode over the last three nights!
I thought Clive Owen did an excellent interpretation of Humphrey Bogart's Sam Spade role. (y)(y)
Note: I strongly recommend you watch the 1941 movie the Maltese Falcon starring Humphrey Bogart (as Sam Spade a private detective in SF) and
Mary Astor (as Bridgid O'Shaughnessy) if you haven't seen it before. Or if it's been a while, re-watching "it". Doing so will definitely help connect the dots as to how and why Sam finds himself in France in 1955.

Agreed! Ms. BA thought Owen was too low key but it had a very interesting story that got thicker and thicker as it went along.

I am watching the rest of Fallout having stopped a while back because Ms. BA doesn’t like the post-apocalyptic stories so much and Goggins with no nose is pretty hard to watch at first.

Because I am so far out of step with video gaming this show, similar to The Last of Us, is sort of a wake-up call to me to try and understand how this era’s younger generations’ creativity is expressed in the things. I sure thought about it a lot while watching. Two more to go I think so no spoilers if possible, plz.

Basically, I can understand the premise of being the gamer, the main character, (the MacLean daughter and the younger girl in Last of Us) but the show does delve deeper into the secondary characters such as Goggins’. I liked him and followed his stuff since The Shield but I really think he flexes his acting chops in Fallout.

I don't think I was able to get through the first episode of Fallout. Not my taste. No doubt it was something gratuitous, I just can't think of what it was -- probably better than way.

Two episodes left of “The Terror.” Damn good yarn. Watching that instead of 49ers tonight because of contract dispute blackout..
I can’t remember if I mentioned Troppo but we enjoyed that one. Also “The Perfect Couple.” That got really good as episodes progressed.

Yea, I watched "The Terror" when it first hit AMC years ago. It was a pretty cool pseudo-history with a mild supernatural bend.

it’s weird but for years I have not clicked by AMC and missed these various shows when they were broadcast. Glad they were presented on these other formats. Also, looking forward to watching both The Bear and Ted Lasso someday but I can wait.
Made it through the blackout, watched some NFL network recap. Still pissed and on the fence about dumping Directv and going over to YouTube. Inertia usually wins out but we’ll see. Even though it’s carried on other outlets, technically we could miss the debate tonight as well.

The most telling thing about the relative instability of Directv, streaming or no, are the unsold commercial spots that are quite frequent even during major broadcast events like Niners games, etc etc. Directv is kind of a football itself, originally independent, absorbed by ATT but somewhat kicked loose again. They are still owned by ATT but have separate billing and I don;t think it’s inconceivable that it could go dark at any time. This latest conflict could push it.

Netflix's Wyatt Earp/ Ike Clanton was excellent. So well done, IMO....and lots of history that's excluded in the movie version(s).

Here I am rewatching Battlestar Galactica :ROFLMAO:

soooooooo good. Especially now with the all the different sim theories, etc. To think (version 2) came out over 20 years ago. On second thought...I"m gonna start it back up again too...thanks Henry!

Here I am rewatching Battlestar Galactica :ROFLMAO:
Yea, I've been watching that too. For some reason, they release BG on Prime first, but now they've released "the mini series" (which is the first 2 episodes to be honest) also, so I just finished that.

I love Edward James Olmos in that show.

The recommendation here pushed me to watch it earlier than I was planning Geoff!

I am starting on thee Viking stuff on NetFlix. Waaaay behind, but the wife likes it even though she has watched and up to date. Pretty interesting and well done.

She commented the I must have Viking blood because I like Taverns and drinking and that is what they do all the time. :laughing

Motor Trend TV (281 Direct) is showing Bruce Brown films @ 8:pm Fridays.
I did catch some of a Hare & Hound they were showing yesterday.
Looks like background footage for the On any Sunday, films.

Excited to see The Penguin premiere tomorrow on Max. Colin Farrell did a good job as that character in that last Batman movie, and was probably the best part of that movie.

Back