• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What to use now that Photobucket is no longer hosting photos

I use photobucket as well, and I've just gone through a bunch of old posts and the photos seem to show up fine? I do use their paid service, but I only pay like $20 a year (or something like that).

Some of mine are still working and some aren't. I think maybe they have flagged the ones using the most bandwidth?

I use photobucket as well, and I've just gone through a bunch of old posts and the photos seem to show up fine? I do use their paid service, but I only pay like $20 a year (or something like that).

Ditto for me. Now I'm probably jinxed for saying that.

I'm not opposed to paying for services received from a company, but $400 seems way out of line and even if one paid it, what if most users left and PB went belly up? It seems risky and costly to stay with them but there is no guarantee other hosts might not go the same way. Hard to see a good solution here.

-Bill

Last edited:
lol what's all the claptrap about imgur. Sign up, upload photos, copy the link, insert it in your post using bbcode, done. :laughing

Ok, this site is pretty good for learning how to embed via Google Photos

http://www.rainsberger.ca/2016/02/19/direct-link-to-image-in-google-photos-for-html-image-tag/

tWoGlUy2XMvDXyfRiGxjCDG_kErO61h7EGUZbwAU82LL94OktiatgIonJCO7r6r6nfN7BjYDpduwaaBDmam_mSKYxnFKiRYYBt90pbGx6pyk2gXusC-EjA0zJ55K9WULeEZnHyjeIqNTfQpcgss-0QOB79O-ZyLfxc-SDU7q5w10BYdUeijhbsABOCJd7_QOdJcpWNbCiZrKTtU6KDbfPdzNZBFFvajCqt8ZYkHzaajVF7TS110jjZ3WNSilPza_zAPvXh5EqPxGjncc3B7Xsqg1gAUh8DyZNHsYr9aGFynMC0WzqIO49ZKRg8eoqT7OMY3jxtLhqCQTmj0-tvorH9j_K5Fw0ObcM3giKz5ezYYRwtyT-6ZZ-mQdGz8bPQqykUoBObczfeTuBJj7Lncs69k23dZEIx-rOIJfHpuH_0IA7jM_V-PzawPDegnJG5luZfXBxLbIs_eY33ZZz_TMsfu8J22dYUTKmG-6Sj_gk_uxAlaRda_E9QDUqrQu0P9WUBvXKDzSrvCPXlDxJnY8MQghBGs9-EVplVmcJ0NDd9giOPHyMpEd3dwOLXr06InjqRx_5R67De1QSNDKXMH5YbYnjjnE0OOjOQIkXdPtOQfEZhIaY2LgAoXPULN-ZuCzO-pH-F24HFsZs1fOOBwSo6A4-Z-5dWvBm5A=w1240-h275-no

Last edited:
Lol embed fail

It works fine for me, but I guess that doesn't really matter does it. :laughing

Let's try this:

tWoGlUy2XMvDXyfRiGxjCDG_kErO61h7EGUZbwAU82LL94OktiatgIonJCO7r6r6nfN7BjYDpduwaaBDmam_mSKYxnFKiRYYBt90pbGx6pyk2gXusC-EjA0zJ55K9WULeEZnHyjeIqNTfQpcgss-0QOB79O-ZyLfxc-SDU7q5w10BYdUeijhbsABOCJd7_QOdJcpWNbCiZrKTtU6KDbfPdzNZBFFvajCqt8ZYkHzaajVF7TS110jjZ3WNSilPza_zAPvXh5EqPxGjncc3B7Xsqg1gAUh8DyZNHsYr9aGFynMC0WzqIO49ZKRg8eoqT7OMY3jxtLhqCQTmj0-tvorH9j_K5Fw0ObcM3giKz5ezYYRwtyT-6ZZ-mQdGz8bPQqykUoBObczfeTuBJj7Lncs69k23dZEIx-rOIJfHpuH_0IA7jM_V-PzawPDegnJG5luZfXBxLbIs_eY33ZZz_TMsfu8J22dYUTKmG-6Sj_gk_uxAlaRda_E9QDUqrQu0P9WUBvXKDzSrvCPXlDxJnY8MQghBGs9-EVplVmcJ0NDd9giOPHyMpEd3dwOLXr06InjqRx_5R67De1QSNDKXMH5YbYnjjnE0OOjOQIkXdPtOQfEZhIaY2LgAoXPULN-ZuCzO-pH-F24HFsZs1fOOBwSo6A4-Z-5dWvBm5A=w1240-h275-no

Ok...The photo from Google Photos has to be in a shared folder. So, share a folder, then follow the instructions from the website I posted. In short, you add a '?.jpg' onto the long ass link when you right-click the image to get the image's address.

Last edited:

Let's try this:

03w7egrvVw6WtTLLIpl8OzuhwCTR29z7u6BdHC2rgDfUB4bWu2Bi3wLtaSlG2ZJwHUYyQ82Tt_Ml9XgpGq7HZvW9_fEOd7esgHQnUCQtGpBZohGpuYV6ARZOkFW48kNkXiF3dahwBN5MrqhkWTrMJFV0S40ZT4yAam9y61IAOazZJOi2DvvPeRBoUP4y00C_P-s-aQ4pnqTwMspo7qnsaUJnKa-lRKbOUU4LCuTfnTxaNg1ibYXBdLWhZEMmKhcapcixC_TyHK4tgqel9Hrj-DjFSKX6NdRlPSlqi5qXQp102CAtBLrIugHoNgEUAHa8fUoU8qzIjPk4wVjib01Ny0ZFwYrqlgRcZFsa3abt6nDGueoaevCfb8gNZ8aIhs0NVRf1nX7VBHEZlf2oUemi15vCNSUiL5fm50sSeW9SMiSnpoAS2fJB4FiLs6XeilP4wXetIXvPvA60xMEnixfxKT7CeSkeXheAcSP9NP1YILdhVEiG5DtLfbmFzvhEAvQSHu8uLvQ0q7Ob6t3hLYHBi2TRL1-8oIPN3FmUZ57i5rcLCSomIZMDx_a9syzop5RGPGcyEliMTaZqLErqECahMggKzmte--l-6_AKReVQAlUZUQ=w720-h319-no

Ok...The photo from Google Photos has to be in a shared folder. So, share a folder, then follow the instructions from the website I posted. In short, you add a '?.jpg' onto the long ass link when you right-click the image to get the image's address.

Or just use Imgur and not go through all that shit. They're the best free hosting site out there now.

I've been happy with imageshack. It's a paid service, but it's pretty cheap.

Let's try this:

03w7egrvVw6WtTLLIpl8OzuhwCTR29z7u6BdHC2rgDfUB4bWu2Bi3wLtaSlG2ZJwHUYyQ82Tt_Ml9XgpGq7HZvW9_fEOd7esgHQnUCQtGpBZohGpuYV6ARZOkFW48kNkXiF3dahwBN5MrqhkWTrMJFV0S40ZT4yAam9y61IAOazZJOi2DvvPeRBoUP4y00C_P-s-aQ4pnqTwMspo7qnsaUJnKa-lRKbOUU4LCuTfnTxaNg1ibYXBdLWhZEMmKhcapcixC_TyHK4tgqel9Hrj-DjFSKX6NdRlPSlqi5qXQp102CAtBLrIugHoNgEUAHa8fUoU8qzIjPk4wVjib01Ny0ZFwYrqlgRcZFsa3abt6nDGueoaevCfb8gNZ8aIhs0NVRf1nX7VBHEZlf2oUemi15vCNSUiL5fm50sSeW9SMiSnpoAS2fJB4FiLs6XeilP4wXetIXvPvA60xMEnixfxKT7CeSkeXheAcSP9NP1YILdhVEiG5DtLfbmFzvhEAvQSHu8uLvQ0q7Ob6t3hLYHBi2TRL1-8oIPN3FmUZ57i5rcLCSomIZMDx_a9syzop5RGPGcyEliMTaZqLErqECahMggKzmte--l-6_AKReVQAlUZUQ=w720-h319-no

Still doesn't work.

lol what's all the claptrap about imgur. Sign up, upload photos, copy the link, insert it in your post using bbcode, done. :laughing

I use flicker, and that's what I do.

Ahhh (screaming in my head), so I use BARF and the now gone NBSR as kind of a diary. But when NBSR went "out" with no warning I lost much of my "motorcycle hay day" pics and stories.

Keep backups of everything!

Below is more info why, etc...

It was the experience years ago when my credit card was compromised at Macys, Bestbuy, Target, Homedepot , and Michaels all got breached about 2-3 months apart each (so over a year). So I got 5 new credit cards and lost no money from the breaches. I DID HOWEVER LOOSE MONEY ($1500ish) IN LATE PAYMENTS ETC BECAUSE I WAS MAKING SO MANY CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS AND LOST TRACK. So now I only do business with companies that allow me to send them payments, no more allowing them to reach into my accounts to take money.

I was warned by a friend, about 7 years ago), who works at the IRS, that their computer systems are super vulnerable (and still are), so about 7 years I went to only paper filings. About 3 years ago the IRS was breached and 700,000 tax payers were compromised and had some sort of money taken. That does not include all the other bogus "early filing" scams.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ccess-more-than-700000-irs-accounts/80992822/

Now we have had two world wide breaches (last 3 months) with tens of thousands companies that SHUT THEM DOWN, including electric power companies.

THERE IS SOMETHING VERY WRONG WITH OUR COMPUTER SYSTEMS. I'VE BEEN THE LONE CRAZY GUY SAYING THIS FOR 7 YEARS NOW...And I started with PET, commador64, TRS-80, Apple II, computers; cross coding fixing circuit boards, etc. I did not see a financial future it it at the time (oops WRONG!). Also I did not take typing as business people with master degrees ALWAYS had a secretary (oops WRONG!). But this time I'm RIGHT, and the BIG events (breaches) are yet to come.

I recommend going paper billing ONLY and only pushing money (i.e. your bank sends them a specified amount) and stopping all pulls (allowing companies to take money out of your account/credit card).

Also set up your facebook account with a slightly wrong birth date, slightly wrong birth city, and slightly wrong mother's maiden name. Also it's not a bad idea to post a picture that shows some "banking" info in the background that has your middle name and social security number wrong. All these ideas come from the study of Mars and then confronted with the obvious cover ups and miss information conducted by aspects of our government, that's where I learned all of this AND MORE, from watching our own government.

Best of luck to all of us!

Side note...

A few days ago I filed a police report because some motorcycle in Southern California is using a plate that looks like mine to evade the "Toll Roads" payments of like 3-4 dollars. More screaming in my head. I have two "88" in my plate. That could easily be made into "33" with some white-out. (old typing correction fluid for you millennials), LOL. The money is small, but if that rider ran from the cops, I don't want to be confronted with a gun in my face at my front door from a cop. I'd first kick them in the nuts and then ask why are you here.

Last edited:
Back