• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Why are you so fat?

vigorous is an opinion.....whatever...and no ones asked me in this survey.
You guys can pretend that you dont care, or that its someone elses fault, or that its superficial and has absolutely nothing to do with you health, or tell me im wrong because someone fatter then me has better grammour skeelz....
I tried, I got you tho think about it. Just dont complain when some of your friends at 60 will be walking around and playing with their grandkids while your stuck on the couch smoking and being angry at the world becasue your in too much pain to do anyhting physical.

kickstand said:
You guys can pretend that you dont care, or that its someone elses fault, or that its superficial and has absolutely nothing to do with you health, or tell me im wrong because someone fatter then me has better grammour skeelz....
I tried, I got you tho think about it. Just dont complain when some of your friends at 60 will be walking around and playing with their grandkids while your stuck on the couch smoking and being angry at the world becasue your in too much pain to do anyhting physical.

Dude, nobody disagreed that it's a problem.

It's just not that simple, is all...at least, not for the a significant minority in today's society.

Simplifying and belittling the problem doesn't do shit to solve it, just pisses people off.

As the saying goes, you get more bees with honey than vinegar.

Inspire and educate, not ridicule and dismiss...

At Globo Gym we understand that "ugliness"
and "fatness" are genetic disorders,
much like baldness or necrophilia,
and it's only your fault if you don't hate
yourself enough to do something about it.

2616680-white_goodman.jpg

Last edited:
Do I have to go to the gym tonight?

It's 100 degrees.

Please advise.

so yeah 2/3 of the population in the US are catagorized as "overweight" using the body mass index.
I am not sure if anyone addressed this issue before I saw this post, but I only read the first and last page of this thread.
imo- it only becomes a problem because it costs everybody increases in healthcare costs that can be avoided with some amount of precautions from some. u don't have to be perfect, u don't have to look like someone that others would want to "have sex with", shit u don't even need to be out of the "overweight" catagory, individuals just need to be healthy enough to do daily activities without destroying themselves slowly or suddenly.
and that's my 2 cents.

Joebar4000 said:
Dude, nobody disagreed that it's a problem.

It's just not that simple, is all...at least, not for the a significant minority in today's society.

Simplifying and belittling the problem doesn't do shit to solve it, just pisses people off.

As the saying goes, you get more bees with honey than vinegar.

Inspire and educate, not ridicule and dismiss...

I wish I had mojo.

kickstand said:

So why is it better to have a thinner body but a less well-trained mind than a well-trained mind and an overweight body? Doesn't improving your mind matter just as much as your body? Is our physical self the only thing that matters? Is discipline when it comes to eating and exercising so much better than the discipline of learning and honing one's intellectual skills, with great dedication and conscious effort?

I exaggerate to make a point, but it is a valid point. And I'm not at all saying that working out doesn't use the brain. For a lot of people, devising a training and nutrition plan and keeping track of it uses the brain to a high level.

But for many more people, the brain is not really used when working out. They run for x amount of time or distance. They take a class x times a week, in which they show up and do what the instructor tells them. Maybe they have a trainer that gives them a plan, and they follow it. Not much brain power involved.

P.S. Although I am fat, I am strong and fit -- I'm an NCAA athlete on a competitive college crew team, after all, and I work out 5-6 days a week. I'm just fatter than some.)

Last edited:
haha....i love globo gym...ive met tons of people with that mentatlity, i think theyre silly. Im not belitteling anyone, jsut having some fun...
oh and the BMI is trash....according to it im obese, that formula jsut measures weight and height.

If you decide to shell out big bucks for a personal trainer make sure you get one thats in shape...im alwasy in awe when i see fat trainers tell other people on how not to be fat.....

Ridiculing was a great motivator for me.....i think alot of the problem is that we're too kind...say it like it is. dont sugar coat.
You guys have ten pages on bagging on some newb who doesnt wear safty gear....and it works. I didnt do shit when my parents and family told me it was ok that i was fat, its jsut who i am. Also agree with this or not, but i find it to be the truth: People out of shape get much less respect and credit in the business world. (this kinda links to my other thread) It might be mean and wrong (I could see how its right) but its the truth. Like i said, im way over the top in my physical lifestyle and ive come to accept that i can only keep it up for two years maxe and maybe even 3 months minimum....Ill have to give up muscle building, eating 8 meals a day and boxing once i grow up but ill alwasy find time to jog for 30 minutes/day and make healthy sandwhiches to take to work rather than eat at Antonio's all you can eat pasta buffet.

MizCoop said:
Do I have to go to the gym tonight?

It's 100 degrees.

Please advise.

Don't bother going. I didn't go yesterday.

Today a co-worker threatened me with physical harm if I don't go to the gym again :(

you can totally train your mind at body at the same time....I made the mistake of taking english classes as a waste of time and will have to make up for it on my own....but i did push myself physical activities and have mad math skeelz yo....

oh and when I train(ed) for a big boxing match i do put on about 6 pounds of fat that i use for energy through the five rounds.....Id have more energy if i kept the fat thru out the year but i just to vain.

Janna said:

P.S. Although I am fat, I am strong and fit -- I'm an NCAA athlete on a competitive college crew team, after all, and I work out 5-6 days a week. I'm just fatter than some.)

In countries that don't just you by the emblem on the hood of your car, you are the pinnacle of beauty :love

m_asim said:
Don't bother going. I didn't go yesterday.

Today a co-worker threatened me with physical harm if I don't go to the gym again :(
I think I will stay home in the AC, pack to get ready for my move, and do some crunches and other home excercises to make myself feel a little bit better (I need to invest in some weights for my house).

But m_asim, you BETTER go!!!!!!!

:x

cardinal03 said:
In countries that don't just you by the emblem on the hood of your car, you are the pinnacle of beauty :love

I don't know man. Janna post teh pics mate and let us decide!!!111!!eleven

MizCoop said:
I think I will stay home in the AC, pack to get ready for my move, and do some crunches and other home excercises to make myself feel a little bit better (I need to invest in some weights for my house).

But m_asim, you BETTER go!!!!!!!

:x

Hillary you should kick back, relax and have a jolly time at home. Packing, excercise and work can wait for another day. So make yourself a stiff drink and put on your favorite DVD and let the good times roll.

P.S. Don't bother investing in them weights. I have a full weight set at home - that I NEVER use. Use the money saved for more booze and oily food.

m_asim said:

P.S. Don't bother investing in them weights. I have a full weight set at home - that I NEVER use. Use the money saved for more booze and oily food.
:p

No, I like my new defined arm muscles and I wanna keep them!

I just need a few (5, 7, 10s maybe) just to have at home for when I can't make it to the gym.

Not a whole fancy machine to hang my clothes on.

kickstand said:
you can totally train your mind at body at the same time....I made the mistake of taking english classes as a waste of time and will have to make up for it on my own....but i did push myself physical activities and have mad math skeelz yo....

oh and when I train(ed) for a big boxing match i do put on about 6 pounds of fat that i use for energy through the five rounds.....Id have more energy if i kept the fat thru out the year but i just to vain.

Well, there ya go! We agree on something.

I just wanted to make the point that balance is key: a healthy, well-trained body with good physical skills, and a healthy, well-trained mind with good intellectual skills.

MizCoop said:

Not a whole fancy machine to hang my clothes on.

LoL that is what I use my weight bench for. May be this is not a funny thing :(

Back