• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wow Holy crap Lizard! You dont look anywhere NEAR 59! Also cute chick ;)

I missed the gym on Wednesday. 2 days in a row. I'm ready to get back in there today.

Deadlifts, hang power cleans, push presses, and some front squats. Gonna be a good Friday!

http://www.blackburnchallenge.com/BBC_Race_Course.html

Annual open water 20 mile rowing race.

GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

Hmmm.

First off, congrats. I think it's great to share successes, especially when they are proving themselves not only to you, but to everyone else.

Thanks AJ. you're killing it too on track, I noticed!

Looks like you been killin it!

Thanks S!

Not arrogant one bit. Totally inspirational! Thanks for posting you workout routine - HF! I need to take it up a notch!

Dude, Dan...you look ridiculous in shape!

Hey if you guys were wondering about Holeshot mentioning eating sour patch kids after a workout here’s a good article from Jim Stoppani that I’d like to share. Scroll to Rule 7:

https://www.jimstoppani.com/nutrition/jims-updated-muscle-building-nutrition

Dan's spot on. One of the best parts of being done a workout...Haribo or the patch kids.

Thanks Berto, your a fucking stud. It tickles me to know you are kicking the shit out of the youngsters. keep it up!

it's up to all of us here, Mike, to keep these damn kids OFF THE LAWN.

Berto you give me a boner, in a socially acceptable way of course.

I'm blushing, Beau. Thanks brother!

DO IT!!!!!!!

Do EEET!

images

I did the thing

Everything hurts. Though of you guys more than once today. Thank you.

:wow Holy crap Lizard! You dont look anywhere NEAR 59! Also cute chick ;)

Thanks, Kim. I follow your posts that continue to inspire me to hit the gym after work! :thumbup

Dude, Dan...you look ridiculous in shape

Thanks, Berto!

Hey remember back in 2005ish, you pulled up to me on a Berryessa ride while I was stopped? Dude, you were in your tracksuit with matching helmet, underwear and God knows what else. My dick actually moved.

:thumbup

Anyone that swims open water in my eyes is a stud

My Hero. Love the effort Mike..now, STORY!

Hey remember back in 2005ish, you pulled up to me on a Berryessa ride while I was stopped? Dude, you were in your tracksuit with matching helmet, underwear and God knows what else. My dick actually moved.

I remember that like I wasn't in my mid 40's now...talk about role reversal!

So the story goes: triathlons are hard. I did not expect to be in so much pain. My knees and ankles stopped being able to take running after mile 6 of the 1/2 marathon portion of the race. I wanted to run the entire way, mostly because i was ready to be finished and I felt like I had the energy to run, it just hurt too much to do it. I walked 7 miles to finish. The bike ride kicked my ass much more than I thought it would. As usual there was a fierce headwind from the north that you had to fight on the way out to the Pigeon Point light house. I have never been so happy to turn around and go the way I came as I was when we turned around at mile 25 of the bike course and started coming back to Santa Cruz. Tailwinds are magnificent. The swim was my favorite part. I did the 1.3 miles in 37 minutes. That felt smooth and relaxed and fun. We had a beautiful sunrise and calm glassy conditions. I felt like a was in an easy rhythm and my breath was really comfortable. I am considering doing more open water swims in the future.

I have to give props to every volunteer and member of the Ironman
organization. The vibe and energy during the entire event was so warm, welcoming and supportive it made being a RANK armature easy. The vibe among participants was equally warm and supportive. It's a good group of crazy mother fuckers who do this shit.

Take home lesson: If a 40 year old dad with no prior triathlon experience, who had never run more than 6 miles in his life, had ad hock training with no coaching or training partners, and who had to deal with a cold and injury close to the event can do a hard thing, dear reader SO CAN YOU. So if your on the fence about the hard thing you been thinking of, just go try it.

im looking at you Dave

I just made the 8 hr cut off.

Attachments

• 70.3 results edited.PNG
    70.3 results edited.PNG
    23 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Good job Mike. That sounds like it was hard as shit. Sorry to hear about the ankles killing you on the run. Serious props to going out and doing it. If I had tried it I would still be out there.........

There is the Lantern Run in San Francisco in October. I am starting to condition myself, going to gym to run/cardio, 3-4 times a week to prep for half marathon. Lets see how that goes, my endurance has gone down the drain after college.

Great write up Mike...and thanks for doing that for us. Great inspirational material too. What a neat BARF story!

I don't partake, etc nor take the stuff, but I do hear the wonders of the some the CDB alterntatives...Loyds of leadville, etc. Maybe for the pain?

Tonight was shoulders and legs.

Grabbed dinner at Panda after downing my post-workout. The “bowl” of veggies and teriyaki chicken (skinless breast and no sauce) is pretty healthy. Its about 400 cals, too lazy to calc macros, and costs $7.25. I’ve watched the “chefs” cook the veggies. They’re blanched then stir-fried with not a lot of oil.

0KILGnx.jpg

So the story goes: triathlons are hard. I did not expect to be in so much pain. My knees and ankles stopped being able to take running after mile 6 of the 1/2 marathon portion of the race. I wanted to run the entire way, mostly because i was ready to be finished and I felt like I had the energy to run, it just hurt too much to do it. I walked 7 miles to finish. The bike ride kicked my ass much more than I thought it would. As usual there was a fierce headwind from the north that you had to fight on the way out to the Pigeon Point light house. I have never been so happy to turn around and go the way I came as I was when we turned around at mile 25 of the bike course and started coming back to Santa Cruz. Tailwinds are magnificent. The swim was my favorite part. I did the 1.3 miles in 37 minutes. That felt smooth and relaxed and fun. We had a beautiful sunrise and calm glassy conditions. I felt like a was in an easy rhythm and my breath was really comfortable. I am considering doing more open water swims in the future.

I have to give props to every volunteer and member of the Ironman
organization. The vibe and energy during the entire event was so warm, welcoming and supportive it made being a RANK armature easy. The vibe among participants was equally warm and supportive. It's a good group of crazy mother fuckers who do this shit.

Take home lesson: If a 40 year old dad with no prior triathlon experience, who had never run more than 6 miles in his life, had ad hock training with no coaching or training partners, and who had to deal with a cold and injury close to the event can do a hard thing, dear reader SO CAN YOU. So if your on the fence about the hard thing you been thinking of, just go try it.

im looking at you Dave

I just made the 8 hr cut off.

Great job. Sounds like it was tough, but you are certainly better for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back